Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:26:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 71396 times)
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1395

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:22:55 PM

Can someone please help me figure out how to send my miners to 1 or more coins at a time? Currently I can only mine 1 coin at a time. I was hoping there was a way I can set 1  or 2 of my sticks mining different coins at the same time? Is this possible?

This has been covered multiple times here. You need to create two separate bat files specifying which sticks and which pool you want run with each bat file, and run two or more instances of bfgminer at the same time.

there are 63 pages on this thread .. Most of us are newbs. . at least a link please? or something I can copy & paste?

Find the COM ports each stick is connected too. Change the "-S ALL" in bat file to "-S MLD:\\.\COMx -S MLD:\\.\COMx" with x being the com port numbers.

If your using linux the format is MLD:/dev/ttyUSBx

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thestockfadi

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:33:41 PM

Can someone please help me figure out how to send my miners to 1 or more coins at a time? Currently I can only mine 1 coin at a time. I was hoping there was a way I can set 1  or 2 of my sticks mining different coins at the same time? Is this possible?

This has been covered multiple times here. You need to create two separate bat files specifying which sticks and which pool you want run with each bat file, and run two or more instances of bfgminer at the same time.

there are 63 pages on this thread .. Most of us are newbs. . at least a link please? or something I can copy & paste?

Find the COM ports each stick is connected too. Change the "-S ALL" in bat file to "-S MLD:\\.\COMx -S MLD:\\.\COMx" with x being the com port numbers.

I guess I gotta wait for someone to make a video with instructions in english. .
crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:52:31 PM

I guess I gotta wait for someone to make a video with instructions in english. .

Come on. Which part you did not understand? Are you one of youtube generation and can't understand written english? Maybe you should give up mining and do some gardening? Easier.
thestockfadi

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:02:26 PM

Come on. Which part you did not understand? Are you one of youtube generation and can't understand written english? Maybe you should give up mining and do some gardening? Easier.

All of it . . I am part of the generation which has just gotten into mining. . Who's not affraid to ask questions. . And who's not affraid to get lambasted for asking such newb questions. . Thanks for your "help"
nobody77

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:50:33 AM

I got the moonlander running on a pi but the pool hasrate is showing 30-40H/s, not a typo that is hash per second.
These are p2p pools and I tried with 2 different pools and two different moonlanders.
Locally it is hashing at around 3.3MH/s 0.5% HW errors and the terminal window shows "something" accepted every 10 seconds or so.
If I plug in my old gridseed in the same set up it shows on the pools the correct 350kH/s.
USB voltage if fine.

Another issue is if I try with a MAC (El Capitan) all I get is:

Code:
Last login: Mon Mar  5 17:12:45 on ttys001
/Users/computer/Desktop/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-mac64/start-moonlander-2 ; exit;
computers-MacBook-Pro-2:~ computer$ /Users/computer/Desktop/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-mac64/start-moonlander-2 ; exit;
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _clock_gettime
  Referenced from: /Users/computer/Desktop/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-mac64/bin/./bfgminer
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _clock_gettime
  Referenced from: /Users/computer/Desktop/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-mac64/bin/./bfgminer

/Users/computer/Desktop/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-mac64/start-moonlander-2: line 4:   822 Trace/BPT trap: 5       ./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u jstefanop.1 -p 1 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed./code]
The MAC was just to test if I had the same low hash issues as with the pi.
I need it to work with the pi.

Also I wish this moonlander had a proper +5V connection(soldering tab) so I could connect a powerful PSU directly to them rather than bottlenecking the power though a hub.
The cost for such hubs that also transfer data is ridiculous.
Does anybody know a hack to separate the logic 5V from the moonlander's power or would it work if I just lift up the 5V tab from the USB socket on the moonlander and solder my 5V directly onto PCB?  Maybe a ceramic capacitor over the tab and the 5V for AC reference.

Xantor1234

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:13:53 AM

If you're soldering anyway, it's probably easier (and safer) to just buy a $5 USB HUB and modify the 5V line there. There's usually already a provision for external power in these.

As easy as indeed cutting the 5V power trace and soldering your own 5V supply to it, and GND. All GNDs are common.
nobody77

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:40:59 AM

If you're soldering anyway, it's probably easier (and safer) to just buy a $5 USB HUB and modify the 5V line there. There's usually already a provision for external power in these.

As easy as indeed cutting the 5V power trace and soldering your own 5V supply to it, and GND. All GNDs are common.

I tried that already but the data transfer is then dead.
Xantor1234

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:44:18 PM

Then you most likely:

- don't have a common ground or
- you cut supply to the USB chip as well or
- Your power supply doesn't supply a stable enough voltage at low startup current.

If you use a 'standard' ATX computer power supply, they don't really work well at very low loads. See here for a description and solution:

https://mysite.du.edu/~etuttle/electron/elect62.htm

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:02:00 PM

I got the moonlander running on a pi but the pool hasrate is showing 30-40H/s, not a typo that is hash per second.
These are p2p pools and I tried with 2 different pools and two different moonlanders.
Locally it is hashing at around 3.3MH/s 0.5% HW errors and the terminal window shows "something" accepted every 10 seconds or so.
If I plug in my old gridseed in the same set up it shows on the pools the correct 350kH/s.
USB voltage if fine.

Code:
/Users/computer/Desktop/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-mac64/start-moonlander-2 ; exit;
computers-MacBook-Pro-2:~ computer$ /Users/computer/Desktop/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-mac64/start-moonlander-2 ; exit;

/Users/computer/Desktop/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-mac64/start-moonlander-2: line 4:   822 Trace/BPT trap: 5       ./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u jstefanop.1 -p 1 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600
logout
Saving session...
...completed./code]

Also I wish this moonlander had a proper +5V connection(soldering tab) so I could connect a powerful PSU directly to them rather than bottlenecking the power though a hub.
Does anybody know a hack to separate the logic 5V from the moonlander's power or would it work if I just lift up the 5V tab from the USB socket on the moonlander and solder my 5V directly onto PCB?  Maybe a ceramic capacitor over the tab and the 5V for AC reference.

Sounds like a pool formatting issue. If its showing 3-4 MH locally and 30-40 H/s on the pool I would assume they got their display number off by some factor. Mac issue is explain in the first post of this thread. Nothing below 10.12 is supported.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
thestockfadi

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:15:20 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 09:09:32 PM by thestockfadi

Mr. Stefano . . thank you . . I had to walk away from the computer for a few hours before it finally "sunk in"  . . I got it to work . .thanks again

now each stick will need a new .bat file?

EDIT: NVM . . I got it
nobody77

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:26:22 PM

USB voltage if fine.

Code:

logout
Saving session...
...completed./code]

Sounds like a pool formatting issue. If its showing 3-4 MH locally and 30-40 H/s on the pool I would assume they got their display number off by some factor. Mac issue is explain in the first post of this thread. Nothing below 10.12 is supported.

Then why does my gridseed show the correct hashrate on the pools?
As said I tried two different pools.

Perhaps it would be helpful if you ACTUALLY mentioned in the OP that ONLY MacOS 10.12 (and 10.13 with disabled SIP) is supported.
...and chuck our older Macs in the land fill Sad
nobody77

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:19:03 AM

Then you most likely:

- don't have a common ground or
- you cut supply to the USB chip as well or
- Your power supply doesn't supply a stable enough voltage at low startup current.

If you use a 'standard' ATX computer power supply, they don't really work well at very low loads. See here for a description and solution:

https://mysite.du.edu/~etuttle/electron/elect62.htm

I don't get it.
PSU  is a dedicated 5V limited at 10A that can be regulated. I set it to 5.15V and have over 4.95V directly on the moonlanders.
I tried another smaller 4-pot hub that has a better layout, dual layer well grounded and I can see the + from the usb plug going directly to the 4 sockets and the switch just adds the ext power where I solder on my 5V.
I plug in only 2 MLs but still no devices found.

If I plug one ML directly in the Pi it works fine, apart from the p2p pool issue.
I have done the 2.1A USB hack in the pi by replacing R54 with 10kΩ.
atomozero

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:19:49 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 10:33:27 AM by atomozero

Goodmorning everyone,

I have a problem with my moonlander2.

I started my experience with a single moonlander2 with a powered usb hub and a raspberry and everything worked great with a frequency of 756

I bought a second moonlander2 and the problems started Sad

they worked for 10/20 minutes, then one of them stopped working and the second one gives me this error every two minutes

[2018-03-06 11:15:59] Accepted 00962c3f MLD 0  Diff 6m/3m
 [2018-03-06 11:16:33] MLD 0: ASIC has stopped hashing, attempting to restart
 [2018-03-06 11:16:35] Accepted 00582543 MLD 0  Diff 11m/3m

is there any command or tools to figure out if it is ruined or resurrect the second moonlander2?

Sad a bad Tuesday

http://bayimg.com/95444ea7d037f633fae5387ba4aec11f7059c663.jpg
BarTeam

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 10:24:25 AM

Goodmorning everyone,

I started my experience with a single moonlander2 with a powered usb hub and a raspberry and everything worked great with a frequency of 756

they worked for 10/20 minutes, then one of them stopped working and the second one gives me this error every two minutes

[2018-03-06 11:15:59] Accepted 00962c3f MLD 0  Diff 6m/3m
 [2018-03-06 11:16:35] Accepted 00582543 MLD 0  Diff 11m/3m

is there any command or tools to figure out if it is ruined or resurrect the second moonlander2?

Sad a bad Tuesday

That sounds like a power problem. How much your hub can provide per port and total on all ports? You need to know that, otherwise it will be hard to troubleshoot.
atomozero

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:32:53 AM

Goodmorning everyone,

[2018-03-06 11:15:59] Accepted 00962c3f MLD 0  Diff 6m/3m
 [2018-03-06 11:16:35] Accepted 00582543 MLD 0  Diff 11m/3m

Sad a bad Tuesday

That sounds like a power problem. How much your hub can provide per port and total on all ports? You need to know that, otherwise it will be hard to troubleshoot.

is a 4-port USB hub powered at 3A each port should give 1A.
I try to find another USB power supply and see how they behave

thx
lennyNO

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:36:10 PM

is a 4-port USB hub powered at 3A each port should give 1A.

That's not enough... See also page 1 of this thread. The problem you have is power related.

Also, and has been written in this thread numerous times, start easy and then increase speed/pot settings.
So, start with two units at say 600Mhz, and dial mem and core pots back to the minimum while it still keeps running good.
Then increase frequency one or a few steps, and IF NEEDED, increase pots. If not, don't do anything. Repeat this process until you get at the desired or max feasible frequency on your system.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:20:38 PM

I keep getting error "Failed to resolve host -o"

Please help!!

You put your pool info wrong when you edited the startup script.

TimBuck2

Activity: 80

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 08:07:17 PM

This is what I have:

bfgminer-rpc.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u Abhilitecoin.1 -p 1,d=128 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600
pause

How about trying: bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u Abhilitecoin.1 -p 1,d=128 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600

Xantor1234

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:11:08 PM

I don't know where you got your version of bfgminer from, but download it as instructed on the first page.
If you unzip it and there is still no bfgminer.exe it got eaten by your virus scanner (as also mentioned on the first page)

bfgminer-rpc is not the droid you're looking for.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 04:52:00 PM

Can someone give info how to setup the bat file to mine verge? And what pool is best for verge?
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: