Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:33:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 71388 times)
aballen

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:15:43 AM

I thought this was a 25mmx25mmx10mm fan?  GDSTIME?

I have a noisy one, and it recently got REALLY LOUD.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement fan?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=20x20+mm+5v+fan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aballen

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:24:11 AM

ok, I think I found it here, sharing for anyone else who may be looking for one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MXL2HLY/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_1_w

lok8nusa

Activity: 254
Merit: 11

Call 811 before you dig

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:33:58 AM

ok, I think I found it here, sharing for anyone else who may be looking for one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MXL2HLY/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_1_w

Or, for a few dollars more, get ball bearings instead of sleeve and more cfm (~.3): https://www.amazon.com/GDSTIME-Dual-Bearing-Brushless-Cooling/dp/B0789541HS/ref=pd_sbs_21_4?

Coining bits since 2017 
Kano Pool is the BEST BTC mining pool.
thestockfadi

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:00:29 AM

Please forgive me ahead of time . . . I just was wondering if someone can link me to any information regarding setting up a "safety" pool for my miners in case the pool I am mining at starts to give me trouble? I don't know what the process is called. . I just want to be able for my miners to switch pools (if I am not home) in case something goes wrong . .
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:46:37 AM

Please forgive me ahead of time . . . I just was wondering if someone can link me to any information regarding setting up a "safety" pool for my miners in case the pool I am mining at starts to give me trouble? I don't know what the process is called. . I just want to be able for my miners to switch pools (if I am not home) in case something goes wrong . .

Think I've read some issues when we try to add backup pools to config file. Not sure whether it's already solved.

You can try to use miningrigrentals (find link in my signature). It's great tool to monitor the hashrate and you can add upto 5 pools and switch between them via web interface ( if first pool fails it will switch to another one etc).
In addition if you want you can lease the miner to make few more bucks. Right now I lease 2x MLD2 for 0.2 mBTC/MHs/day (which is 10x more than usal price).

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

AltScope

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:40:29 AM

ordered 5 of these today to attach to my odroid XU4 which is similar to a raspberry pi but usb3 and 8 core, im ordering a nice powered usb hub to go with it.
are there any quirks to the software either running or building under an arm processor running linux that I should know of before getting frustrated?

guess not then thanks guys  Roll Eyes

scoobysportD

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:22:08 PM

ordered 5 of these today to attach to my odroid XU4 which is similar to a raspberry pi but usb3 and 8 core, im ordering a nice powered usb hub to go with it.
are there any quirks to the software either running or building under an arm processor running linux that I should know of before getting frustrated?

guess not then thanks guys  Roll Eyes

It's not called for to react like that if no one has been able to help you within 1 day. Probably not many odroid users in this topic.
scoobysportD

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:26:38 PM

I've had my 3 MLD's running for nearly a day now:

Really stable in this config. Low error rate too.

Unfortunately, my USB fans have ALL failed. Despite that, the temps on the MLD's are between 42-45 degrees celsius on the small (uncooled) heatsink. So i feel like there's quite a bit of room left to turn up the frequency here Smiley
AltScope

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:32:04 PM

It's not called for to react like that if no one has been able to help you within 1 day. Probably not many odroid users in this topic.

sorry had a bad night thanks for the response, same architecture as a pi really was hoping some pi users were about

guess I'll just try to build the software when(if) the sticks arrive and report back with a guide if successful or a question or two if not

Unfortunately, my USB fans have ALL failed. Despite that, the temps on the MLD's are between 42-45 degrees celsius on the small (uncooled) heatsink. So i feel like there's quite a bit of room left to turn up the frequency here Smiley

if you've got any spare pc fans you can run them directly from a 12v dc transformer if you've got one kicking about (box of bits) just use the yellow(+) and black(-) wires

scoobysportD

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:51:50 PM

sorry had a bad night thanks for the response, same architecture as a pi really was hoping some pi users were about

guess I'll just try to build the software when(if) the sticks arrive and report back with a guide if successful or a question or two if not

if you've got any spare pc fans you can run them directly from a 12v dc transformer if you've got one kicking about (box of bits) just use the yellow(+) and black(-) wires

In my younger days i'd have a couple of fans and power supplies lying around but not anymore :p

I got in touch with the seller and they are sending me new, different fans of higher quality, only had to pay the price difference which is fine with me.

As for the odroid, maybe some people will be able to help you now they know its the same working as a pi.

I currently have my MLDs runnibg at 900 freq, giving ~5.1mhs each Smiley hw errors at 1.7-2.5%.
shansen1785

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:04:31 PM

Kinda new to this so bear with me, I have 4 moonlanders's running in separate instances of bfgminer. Seem my hash rates stay a lot more stable then running them all in one instance. I have 2 running on one windows 10 computer and 2 running on a windows 7 computer both 64bit. I dont know if its possible but is there a way I can direct all 4 instances of befminer to one internal proxy them connect that one internal proxy to the external pool or pools of my choice so they show up on the pool as one instance of bfgminer instead of 4. I tried making the same worker names for each instance but the miners still show up on pools as a instances of bfgminer or sometimes 2 due to 2 different computer running them.  Any ideas?
shansen1785

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:11:47 PM

I agrees with the fan's issue. 2 of my fans have gotten really loud and are hogging a ton of power due to resistance increase in the fan motors, I have added a drop of very high quality bearing oil to the shafts and it smoothed them out a bit but not enough reduce the power draw created by excessive resistance due to wear. If you do find higher quality fans or even a fan/heatsink combo Please let me know. This is a great hobby, just dont wanna come home one day to a fried moonlader board cause a fan failed.
In my younger days i'd have a couple of fans and power supplies lying around but not anymore :p

I got in touch with the seller and they are sending me new, different fans of higher quality, only had to pay the price difference which is fine with me.

As for the odroid, maybe some people will be able to help you now they know its the same working as a pi.

I currently have my MLDs runnibg at 900 freq, giving ~5.1mhs each Smiley hw errors at 1.7-2.5%.
AltScope

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:53:38 PM

Kinda new to this so bear with me, I have 4 moonlanders's running in separate instances of bfgminer. Seem my hash rates stay a lot more stable then running them all in one instance. I have 2 running on one windows 10 computer and 2 running on a windows 7 computer both 64bit. I dont know if its possible but is there a way I can direct all 4 instances of befminer to one internal proxy them connect that one internal proxy to the external pool or pools of my choice so they show up on the pool as one instance of bfgminer instead of 4. I tried making the same worker names for each instance but the miners still show up on pools as a instances of bfgminer or sometimes 2 due to 2 different computer running them.  Any ideas?

you need a stratum proxy if you want to do that sir i use one for cryptonight mining

edit:

might be a bit outdated but:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=387977.0

0x03

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:36:32 AM

here's a raspi user, currently driving 3 moonlander2 and an old rpi2 for bfgminer off a 'rather pricey' and very powerful USB hub at 796, above they become unstable in a rather unpredictable way. i suspect the usb WLAN dongle i have to use in my setup as a part of the problem - i think i read about USB bus saturation being a possible problem SOMEWHERE, but didn't debug in this direction any further yet...

anyways, the basic setup worked like a breeze. plug your MLDs in, run bfgminer as described in a lot of places, watch your MLDs have fun. however 9 more moonlanders are on their way to me, and i am eager to see if i can drive all i then have reliably with a bunch of hubs and one rpi3, which will eliminate the need of a seperate dongle.

considering that could actually fail, i have a bunch of rpi2 around, and a bananapi routerboard (BPI-R1). i'm kinda sure i'll find a way to make it work reliably, somehow.
scoobysportD

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:32:16 PM

Currently i've got them running at 900mhz, i gotta say, the MLD's run smooth and stable!!

The newly placed win10 laptop and wifi connection is a different story though. Hope i got that fixed and have stopped win 10 auto updates.
Currently am using fans from HAMA and Arctic:

And this is them running after a reboot of the laptop:

With these fans the temps seem to stay between 42-54 degrees celsius. (2 ara within the 42-45 degree range, one runs a lot hotter maybe this one had a bit less luck with the ASIC chip on it.

Amps drawn are between 2.2 - 2.5.
The fans are powered through a separate powered usb hub so that i'm a 100% sure they won't cause any interference. Now i just got to wait for the new shipment to get here Sad

BTW; @jstefanop:
What i'd love to see in BFGminer / the MLD's if possible; a way to identify them. BFG sets them up as MLD 0, MLD 1, MLD 2.... etc. But there's no way of telling (as far as i am aware of) to figure out which stick is MLD 0 or MLD 1 etc. Troubleshooting can be made so much simpler with unique ID's. After a reboot, the ID's get swapped now so MLD 0 could then be MLD 2 etc. I know that my gridseed dual miners had unique ID's, so if you plugged them in 1 at a time, you could make a note of which ID that miner had and if there ever was a problem you knew exactly which miner to fix.
pyroandy

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:30:13 PM

Currently i've got them running at 900mhz, i gotta say, the MLD's run smooth and stable!!

The newly placed win10 laptop and wifi connection is a different story though. Hope i got that fixed and have stopped win 10 auto updates.
https://myalbum.com/photo/YYpBYBz2WhwT/360.jpg

https://myalbum.com/photo/2oJzVhwSK6Tb/360.jpg

With these fans the temps seem to stay between 42-54 degrees celsius. (2 ara within the 42-45 degree range, one runs a lot hotter maybe this one had a bit less luck with the ASIC chip on it.

The fans are powered through a separate powered usb hub so that i'm a 100% sure they won't cause any interference. Now i just got to wait for the new shipment to get here Sad

BTW; @jstefanop:
What i'd love to see in BFGminer / the MLD's if possible; a way to identify them. BFG sets them up as MLD 0, MLD 1, MLD 2.... etc. But there's no way of telling (as far as i am aware of) to figure out which stick is MLD 0 or MLD 1 etc. Troubleshooting can be made so much simpler with unique ID's. After a reboot, the ID's get swapped now so MLD 0 could then be MLD 2 etc. I know that my gridseed dual miners had unique ID's, so if you plugged them in 1 at a time, you could make a note of which ID that miner had and if there ever was a problem you knew exactly which miner to fix.

Would not MLD 0, MLD 1, MLD 2.... etc be assigned to a particular USB port and stay there after the initial setup?
scoobysportD

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:22:44 PM

BTW; @jstefanop:

Would not MLD 0, MLD 1, MLD 2.... etc be assigned to a particular USB port and stay there after the initial setup?
Not as far as i can tell Sad when taking out one of the MLDs to adjust voltage it gets assigned a different number...
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2085
Merit: 1390

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:47:46 PM

BTW; @jstefanop:

Moonlanders have UIDs as well. Just press "M" while its running, then select the device number you want, and it will show its ID under serial number. You can then match the last couple digits to the actual serial number sticker on each device.

Next update will also have enable/disable functions implemented, so that will be another way to quickly check which is which since toggling enable/disable will cause the LEDs to flash.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
pyroandy

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:05:32 AM

BTW; @jstefanop:

Moonlanders have UIDs as well. Just press "M" while its running, then select the device number you want, and it will show its ID under serial number. You can then match the last couple digits to the actual serial number sticker on each device.

Next update will also have enable/disable functions implemented, so that will be another way to quickly check which is which since toggling enable/disable will cause the LEDs to flash.

When do you think the next update will come out?
AltScope

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:49:24 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2018, 08:46:26 AM by AltScope

here's a raspi user, currently driving 3 moonlander2 and an old rpi2 for bfgminer off a 'rather pricey' and very powerful USB hub at 796, above they become unstable in a rather unpredictable way. i suspect the usb WLAN dongle i have to use in my setup as a part of the problem - i think i read about USB bus saturation being a possible problem SOMEWHERE, but didn't debug in this direction any further yet...

anyways, the basic setup worked like a breeze. plug your MLDs in, run bfgminer as described in a lot of places, watch your MLDs have fun. however 9 more moonlanders are on their way to me, and i am eager to see if i can drive all i then have reliably with a bunch of hubs and one rpi3, which will eliminate the need of a seperate dongle.

considering that could actually fail, i have a bunch of rpi2 around, and a bananapi routerboard (BPI-R1). i'm kinda sure i'll find a way to make it work reliably, somehow.

sweet, i might be slightly better off as the odroid is usb 3, I'm looking at this hub:

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/icybox-ib-ac6702-7-port-usb-30-hub-7-charging-ports-led-amp-digital-display?v=c

I'm worried about this line though:
The USB 3.0 ports on this hub are special because all of them can load any connected mobile devices with up to 2.4 A. The intelligent chipset determines the best charging rate for all models.

[edit]

found some cheaper hubs from a company called orico claim 36 watt on a 10 port, 12v 3a psu

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: