Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:52:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 71325 times)
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6129

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2020, 12:25:36 AM

The .bat file works and does not cause problems (type: pool dead). In addition, the error with pool death gives it many times, the only thing that scares me and that in the processing entries appears between: accepted, stratum:

- Coinbase check: multiple inputs in coinbase: 0x7d

I tried to install the last relase of bfgminer again, but again these disturbing processing lines !!!

It's been happening for a while:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2420357.msg26464966#msg26464966

Try the setting #skipcbcheck as suggested in the posts earlier in the thread.
That *should* clear up the issue.

What coin are you mining and where?

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ravenna59

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 05:22:09 PM

The .bat file works and does not cause problems (type: pool dead). In addition, the error with pool death gives it many times, the only thing that scares me and that in the processing entries appears between: accepted, stratum:

- Coinbase check: multiple inputs in coinbase: 0x7d

I tried to install the last relase of bfgminer again, but again these disturbing processing lines !!!

It's been happening for a while:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2420357.msg26464966#msg26464966

Try the setting #skipcbcheck as suggested in the posts earlier in the thread.
That *should* clear up the issue.

What coin are you mining and where?

-Dave

I corrected with #skipcbcheck, I'll see how it goes.
I keep the moonlander2 on rental on miningrigrental and therefore the coins it mines are different and not all known, and so meanwhile hunted that error? I thank you for now.
zunetracks

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 04:13:22 PM

Is there a warranty on the Moonlander 2 devices? I just bought mine about 2 months ago, and I think one of them is already starting to go out. I run it stock, and don't overclock it, if that matters.

Thanks!

Doctor’s 1st quesion: what symptom/s you’re experiencing?

These little toys should last forever unless someone hammers them - - except its fan which sometimes makes noise but you can use a small screw driver and tight or loose them - just a bit.

The device will just drop out of BFGMiner with 0 hashrate, or it will have a high number of rejected shares as it is finding dupes of ones it's already found. The other two Moonlanders do not exhibit this behavior.
iDisturbia

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 06:15:30 PM

Is there a warranty on the Moonlander 2 devices? I just bought mine about 2 months ago, and I think one of them is already starting to go out. I run it stock, and don't overclock it, if that matters.

Thanks!

These little toys should last forever unless someone hammers them - - except its fan which sometimes makes noise but you can use a small screw driver and tight or loose them - just a bit.

The device will just drop out of BFGMiner with 0 hashrate, or it will have a high number of rejected shares as it is finding dupes of ones it's already found. The other two Moonlanders do not exhibit this behavior.
That sounds like some communication issue between device and your computer.

You probably try this test, but if not, this is the only suggestion I have.

Disconnect all of them and connect 1 device at a time to the same USB port and or hub. When you make sure 1 works as designed, remove it and connect the next device.

Just to ensure if it’s really device problem.
minermartijn

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2020, 06:57:09 AM

I use MiningRigRentals (MRR) to sell my hashing power when I'm not actively experimenting/using it, but I keep getting segmentation faults when MRR points to a new pool while the MLD is mining.

As a temporary fix to this, I made a bash script so that it'll restart the program if it doesn't exit with code 0 which worked BARELY 50% of the time. I've been trying to figure out why this is happening by checking the CP210x drivers, reinstalling BFGMiner and rebooting my RPI, trying different configurations, clocking down, but what I noticed is that if I don't use MRR and instead mine directly to a pool myself, there's no problem when I tell BFGMiner to mine in a different pool.

I tried using NiceHash even to see if it was just MRR, but the instant BFGMiner tries to initialize MLD, it seg faults.

May someone please point me to the right direction as to where things could be going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

I contacted MRR about this myself, and the only thing they told me was that BFG Miner was outdated.

Wrote the following script, which as it seems restarts the mining program 100% of the time.
Hope this helps.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

running=1

finish()
{
    running=0
}

trap finish SIGINT

while (( running )); do

./moonlander2/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6/bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu-01.miningrigrentals.com:3333/#skipcbcheck#xnsub -u *** -p x -S ALL --set MLD:clock=876 --no-gbt --no-getwork
    echo "Restarting miner.."
    sleep 5
done
zunetracks

View Profile
May 27, 2020, 01:25:44 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2020, 03:11:58 PM by zunetracks

Thanks!

Disconnect all of them and connect 1 device at a time to the same USB port and or hub. When you make sure 1 works as designed, remove it and connect the next device.

Yeah on it's own the device works fine. It's like BFGMiner just forgets about it, and doesn't send it work.

Edit: below is a screenshot of BFGMiner currently. All 3 Moonlanders are showing, but the trouble one has a high number of HW errors and rejected shares.
https://imgur.com/Lwd6JN8

iDisturbia

View Profile
May 27, 2020, 02:04:18 PM

Thanks!

Yeah on it's own the device works fine. It's like BFGMiner just forgets about it, and doesn't send it work.

So, the device itself is alive.

Are they connected to external powered HUB? Does it have enough power to feed enough amp to each and every one of them?

These little guys are very sensitive and need exact amount of power to work specially if you try to “over-clock” them - see developer’s 1st post here. And, most powered-hubs are incapable to provide necessary amps even if those with 10 or more ports. I bought one from Anker which supports up to 7 USB but I can only connect 3 ML 2 - adding 1 more would mess things up bad - so I had to invest on 2 more hubs to get all my 9 ML 2 running.

You’re running Win10? Raspberry / Linux?

Win10 version keeps trying to restart it and won’t give up until it’s done! But Raspberry Pi’s driver is not compiled to include this functionality so in most cases you either have to restart your rig or BFGminer.
zunetracks

View Profile
May 27, 2020, 03:14:27 PM

Thanks!

Are they connected to external powered HUB? Does it have enough power to feed enough amp to each and every one of them?

These little guys are very sensitive and need exact amount of power to work specially if you try to “over-clock” them - see developer’s 1st post here. And, most powered-hubs are incapable to provide necessary amps even if those with 10 or more ports. I bought one from Anker which supports up to 7 USB but I can only connect 3 ML 2 - adding 1 more would mess things up bad - so I had to invest on 2 more hubs to get all my 9 ML 2 running.

Win10 version keeps trying to restart it and won’t give up until it’s done! But Raspberry Pi’s driver is not compiled to include this functionality so in most cases you either have to restart your rig or BFGminer.
RPi 4 with Rasbian OS. Amazonbasics 36W Powered USB 3 hub. I'm running these stock at 600 Mhz. I edited my previous post with a screenshot. My question is if it was the hub, wouldn't the symptoms be spreadout among the miners? In my case it is the same miner having the issue.
iDisturbia

View Profile
May 27, 2020, 06:16:32 PM

Thanks!

RPi 4 with Rasbian OS. Amazonbasics 36W Powered USB 3 hub. I'm running these stock at 600 Mhz. I edited my previous post with a screenshot. My question is if it was the hub, wouldn't the symptoms be spreadout among the miners? In my case it is the same miner having the issue.

I had nothing but trouble with my Pi 4 here. Even though things were working fine but every few days I had to restart things up because BFG was unable to auto-start 1 or more ML2 and eventually they stopped working!!

So, I switched to Win10 and didn’t have to even look at them!

Sorry can’t remember how many ML 2 you’ve got there. But remember these cheap Amazon stuff @ 36W usually provide 2.xx or 3.xx AMP max / total and NOT per port. Meaning, total AMP will be divided between your ML 2 sticks. They may start up ok but after short period of time they begin starving for more power which your hub fails to provide.

Remind me how many ML 2 you have there, I may be able to suggest how to deal with them so you don’t have to spend more money! Wink
zunetracks

View Profile
May 27, 2020, 06:39:39 PM

Thanks!

I had nothing but trouble with my Pi 4 here. Even though things were working fine but every few days I had to restart things up because BFG was unable to auto-start 1 or more ML2 and eventually they stopped working!!

So, I switched to Win10 and didn’t have to even look at them!

Sorry can’t remember how many ML 2 you’ve got there. But remember these cheap Amazon stuff @ 36W usually provide 2.xx or 3.xx AMP max / total and NOT per port. Meaning, total AMP will be divided between your ML 2 sticks. They may start up ok but after short period of time they begin starving for more power which your hub fails to provide.

Remind me how many ML 2 you have there, I may be able to suggest how to deal with them so you don’t have to spend more money! Wink

I've got 3 ML2's now on a 65W 10 port Amazonbasics powered USB 3 hub. Went ahead and bought another one. I might be able to send the 7 port 36W one back. I just got the 10 port hub while we've been posting here...so far I've not had any problems with it, but I'll give it a few hours and we'll see.
zunetracks

View Profile
May 27, 2020, 07:10:37 PM

Ok, I think I have a better handle on what's going on. Apparently the miners don't like ProHashing's coin profitability switching algorithm. Whenever it takes too long for a new mining pattern to get established, that's where it seems that my miner is having trouble, and just stopping. Since I added the c=digibyte field to my script, all three miners are working without issue.

I don't know if it's BFGMiner, or ProHashing's algo that's the cause, but apparently I wasted $50 on another hub, lol.
iDisturbia

View Profile
May 27, 2020, 07:32:33 PM

Ok, I think I have a better handle on what's going on. Apparently the miners don't like ProHashing's coin profitability switching algorithm. Whenever it takes too long for a new mining pattern to get established, that's where it seems that my miner is having trouble, and just stopping. Since I added the c=digibyte field to my script, all three miners are working without issue.

I don't know if it's BFGMiner, or ProHashing's algo that's the cause, but apparently I wasted $50 on another hub, lol.

Cool .. glad you got it resolved.

I tried the same but with zergpool for a few weeks but never any issue like yours. I believe we could blame it on ProHashing - every pool has its own set of configuration though.

Send it back to Amazon then! LOL

Yeah, that hub can handle 3 ML2 no problem. If your Pi has a legit (good) power supply, you can use 1 of its USB 3 (not 2) too - if you decide to buy another ML2 or more!  Cool
KSum66

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 04:16:16 AM

Is there other mining software besides BFGMiner?

This software seems unstable and finicky. It always has lots of errors at the start and sometimes it will stabilize and sometimes not..

I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but I was expecting a little better than this.

Running 2 ML2s on a Siport Well Work 20, so I know they have plenty of power.

Current startup line is:
Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://scrypt.mine.zergpool.com:3433/#skipcbcheck#xnsub -u <BTC #> -p c=BTC -S ALL --set MLD:clock=612,600 --no-gbt --no-getwork

Log generally looks like this:
Code:
[2020-06-16 21:09:18] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
[2020-06-16 21:09:22] Network difficulty changed to 149k ( 1.07Th)
[2020-06-16 21:09:22] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
[2020-06-16 21:09:33] Pool 0 is sending mismatched block contents to us (0 is not 4-7)
[2020-06-16 21:09:36] Network difficulty changed to 19k (135.8Gh)
[2020-06-16 21:09:36] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
[2020-06-16 21:10:12] Network difficulty changed to 1.12k ( 8.00Gh)
[2020-06-16 21:10:12] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
[2020-06-16 21:10:12] Pool 0 is sending mismatched block contents to us (0 is not 1-1)
[2020-06-16 21:10:22] Network difficulty changed to 155k ( 1.11Th)
[2020-06-16 21:10:22] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
[2020-06-16 21:10:22] Pool 0 is sending mismatched block contents to us (0 is not 8-15)
[2020-06-16 21:10:41] Pool 0 is issuing work for an old block: 00000000000061effbaa408ecbc164bec944afa2e2b5fc71b99d2a1d3d196c48
[2020-06-16 21:13:11] Network difficulty changed to 5.18k (37.11Gh)
[2020-06-16 21:13:11] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
[2020-06-16 21:13:22] Network difficulty changed to 5.21k (37.29Gh)
[2020-06-16 21:13:22] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
[2020-06-16 21:13:37] Network difficulty changed to 5.58k (39.96Gh)
[2020-06-16 21:13:37] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block

I'd really like to get these screaming along generating shares, but if it doesn't happen soon I'll have to return them and the giant USB Hub so I can just buy some bitcoin and sit on it until I'm 90.  Grin
circut22

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2020, 06:34:27 PM

hey bud you may need to check and see what your pots are set at  i found out the hard way but check your mem pot and set it at .84 and for your core put it at ..75 and start her up and see then may give you more stability.
KSum66

View Profile
June 19, 2020, 07:07:48 PM

I was wondering about that. I have 2 of them and with them performing differently from each other I suspected the units weren't "tuned" at the factory for a baseline setting.
honglu69

Activity: 1544
Merit: 23

View Profile
June 19, 2020, 08:59:47 PM

Best Practice for Futurebit Moonlander2 USB ASIC on solo mining mode

• Problems for USB ASIC solo mining on NewEnglandcoin (NENG)
  • Root Cause for ALL POOL DEAD error
  • Workaround: rotate solo mining on two full nodes
  • Alternative: rotate on 1 solo mining one full node + 1 mining pool

Code:
Linux scripts provided for best practice of USB ASIC on mining NewEnglandcoin (NENG).

Two wallets running scripts.
mining scripts for rotating on two full nodes, or 1 full node + 1 pool
Two configuration files for "newenglandcoin.conf" in two different folders for the two full nodes.

https://github.com/ShorelineCrypto/FuturebitMoonlander2_SoloMiner
pyroandy

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 06:03:13 PM

So I screwed up and dropped one of my ML2's. Now it no longer powers up. The USB connector was bent down some but I don't see any other physical damage to it. When I first tried it after the fall I could swear I saw the power LED come on briefly but now the 5-volt input is showing almost a dead short now.
I disconnected the fan and removed the USB connector incase it got screwed up somehow but the 5-volt input still reads .7-.8 ohms. Comparing it to one of my others I know this is not normal. I am assuming this is only a two-layer board so I don't have internal damage to the layers. Neither of the V-core or V-MEM outputs seems to be shorted when I check across there output caps. I don't know what else to check. Nether U1 or U2 measure a dead short on any of there pins but I can not Identify them from there markings. Does anyone know what these 5 pin devices are? U1 reads "RAGQ" and U2 reads "L2F" with a manufacturing logo on it that I can not Identify. Any ideas where else I could look to get this thing running again?

If the USB connector got bent, most likely one of the USB pin contacts got popped off the pad on the board. Just put a solder iron to the 4 pins and make sure they are soldered on there well and see if that does it.

I have removed the USB connector but still, I measure .6-.7 ohms where the 5 volts from the USB connector was soldered to the board.

I woulder if there is any hope for this poor dead MoonLander. I have not found the short yet! I guess I can start removing parts from the board to try and isolate it. I am thinking the two big coils first for the two power supplies. Any other thoughts?
pyroandy

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 06:05:00 PM

Does anyone know if BFGminer for Raspberry pi has been updated yet to include auto-restart?

I don't think I ever updated those binaries since most people self-compile on pi's. I'll get around to pushing an updated release for these with some fixes after im done with the full node update for the Apollo.

How is the Apollo project coming? Any updates on updating the Moonlander software?
zunetracks

View Profile
June 29, 2020, 09:29:34 PM

Does anyone know if BFGminer for Raspberry pi has been updated yet to include auto-restart?

I don't think I ever updated those binaries since most people self-compile on pi's. I'll get around to pushing an updated release for these with some fixes after im done with the full node update for the Apollo.

How is the Apollo project coming? Any updates on updating the Moonlander software?

I too would like to know about updating the Moonlander software. I'm still having the issue where one, and it's the same one, constantly drops out of BFGMiner. I'm tired of rebooting my RPi 4 and my USB hub, because it only works correctly for a few hours before it starts doing the same behavior.

Either my Moonlander is defective, or the software needs to be updated.
KSum66

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 04:14:23 PM

It seems that the "errors" I'm seeing about "Pool 0 is sending mismatched....." is BFGMiner not being able to handle
a pool that switches coins. If I mine just one coin I don't see those errors, however, mining just one coin is much less
profitable than allowing the profit switching pool to do it's thing, so I'm just going to ignore those errors.

I just spent the last few hours fine tuning the memory and core clock voltages and am now getting fewer hardware errors
and I can set a higher clock rate now. Currently getting an average 4.6MH/s from each of them.

I do wish that Futurebit had used different pots for voltage adjustment. Not having a stop at the ends is a bit hazardous
and using pots that are all metal causes the unit to lock up any time you touch the memory voltage pot. That being said, at
least with the memory voltage, once you have it set around 0.75-0.80 volts you don't have to touch it again.

It would be very nice to get the BFGMiner software updated and optimized. I would dive in and give it a shot but after looking
at some of the code there are many aspects of it that are definitely outside my skill set.
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: