Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:46:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Many Bittrex accounts were hacked  (Read 1667 times)
squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:20:06 PM

I can't believe in this story, we need some proof.
If you have 2FA, you need the device to get the pass code that changes every 30 seconds or the hacker is like god and can bypass it.
In bittrex, if you acess from differente IP, you need to confirm via email, so hacker need to hack your email too.
Not impossible but its very hard to get something like this.

I think your friend doesn't have 2FA, only email alert, so if his password compromised he got hacked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gvozdik (OP)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:15:45 PM

Is possible contact owner this wallet? There went stolen btc... https://blockchain.info/address/1MQV6Azrte8zMrwGxSZh6qsaoxsFLgsWqr
PandoraBounties

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:24:45 PM

There is nothing from Bittrex because Bittrex probably was not hacked... hacked were email accounts and attackers probably ask for forgot password from bittrex or so. But these mails were probably imediadly deleted because he havent any mails from bittrex in mailbox.
But attackers must knew these mails are connected with bittrex, maybe leaked all emails from bittrex?!?!?

I also think that the victim could be the hacked one, maybe his computer is compromised. Otherwise all other accounts would probably have been hacked too.
gvozdik (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:35:58 PM

Can cyberpolice help? Anybody have experience with them? Only what we know is where btc went... there https://blockchain.info/address/1MQV6Azrte8zMrwGxSZh6qsaoxsFLgsWqr
Arkham Knight

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:42:31 AM

Usually it begins when you get web phising, it's better if you get email, don't click what inside it, retyping is better because now many phising accounts, you must be more careful to see it, dont be fooled.

I believe that is the case. Bittrex is the best exchange I've seen so far and probably hackers are gathering together just to hack bittrex customers. I'm not really surprised if that is what's happening because it is really a good target for them so always be careful folks.
gvozdik (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:58:51 PM

Some update, friend was at Singapore cyber police and they recommend also fill paper for FBI because Bittrex is under USA. They have also few cases for this IP adress, but they didnt said more. Bittrex is quiet.
Hope somebody will help him. On this wallet where were transfered his btc is another big transfer with 1.4btc again hack?
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:41:03 PM

Some update, friend was at Singapore cyber police and they recommend also fill paper for FBI because Bittrex is under USA. They have also few cases for this IP adress, but they didnt said more. Bittrex is quiet.
Hope somebody will help him. On this wallet where were transfered his btc is another big transfer with 1.4btc again hack?

Still waiting for that activity log from Bittrex.......................
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:00:46 PM

Wasn't this expected?

Many have been facing a heck of problems with Bittrex for weeks now (though I didn't face any problem at all, I still withdrew all my coins weeks back because of all the issues & reports around here).

Good luck to the affected ones, this is very sad news for them.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 03:55:09 AM

Hi guys,

What doing in situation when bittrex account was hacked via email? Lot of peoples were hacked today, hacker attacked their mails first and then bittrex. F2A was enebled as well. In these cases there was not phishing webpage. Have Bittrex insurance for these cases or not?

Too many problems with Bittrex nowadays. Starting from the disabled accounts and now this case accounts being hacked. I don't think there is an insurance for cases like this. Last month, I also saw someone posted this kind of situation being hacked even if 2FA is enabled. It turns out that his e-mail was hacked so the hacker just e-mail bittrex about the 2FA and then able to access the account. Nowadays when money is transmitted digitally, there are more hackers out there waiting for their next victim so we should always secure our account by not just downloading any apps or software or click links. A hardware wallet is important as well so that it would be secure from hackers.

Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:25:20 PM

Is possible contact owner this wallet? There went stolen btc... https://blockchain.info/address/1MQV6Azrte8zMrwGxSZh6qsaoxsFLgsWqr

No
Chol_gol

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:58:07 AM

I have launched a telegram group. I want all those whose account has been disabled to join to this group. and if we needed to file a lawsuit against them we can do it collectively for better results.
everybody is welcome
here is group:
https://t.me/joinchat/BjmOlA2Ir-_l5XhBATHoTg
shavill

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:18:07 PM

I can't believe in this story, we need some proof.
If you have 2FA, you need the device to get the pass code that changes every 30 seconds or the hacker is like god and can bypass it.
In bittrex, if you acess from differente IP, you need to confirm via email, so hacker need to hack your email too.
Not impossible but its very hard to get something like this.

I think your friend doesn't have 2FA, only email alert, so if his password compromised he got hacked.

I'm leaning toward your opinion. The odds of hacking IP based email verification is hard enough, let alone 2 part logins. It sounds more like the people losing their coins have a security issue on their end rather than on Bittrex.

I sure hope this is the case. I don't want to wake up one morning to a Nicehash scenario, where there may not have actually been a hack and could have been an outright theft. <<<That is the one thing none of us can control. HitBTC is starting to get a shady rep and even though I still believe they are legit, it is worrisome.

Any exchange/pool/wallet is only as safe as the coders are honest. This is why I have abandoned JAXX, opting for Exodus.

Gotta be very careful especially at the levels the markets are at.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:03:28 AM

There is nothing from Bittrex because Bittrex probably was not hacked... hacked were email accounts and attackers probably ask for forgot password from bittrex or so. But these mails were probably imediadly deleted because he havent any mails from bittrex in mailbox.
But attackers must knew these mails are connected with bittrex, maybe leaked all emails from bittrex?!?!?

I also think that the victim could be the hacked one, maybe his computer is compromised. Otherwise all other accounts would probably have been hacked too.

If you enable 2fa function then even though hacker gets your login access they can't do anything in your account because they need access to your mobile phone as well. That's why before adding funds to any online accounts it is better to enable your 2fa function to safeguard your money.
chipmonk1999

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:34:44 AM

Bittrex has been hacked 1/3/18.

Sucks for basically lost life savings.

Awesome job Bittrex you Fxckers
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:46:04 AM

For once I am glad their DHS police state verification scam locked me out of being able to withdraw a month ago!

I have been avoiding enhanced verification in the hope that the fix their basic verification up, and just going without the ability to withdraw.
Utomo

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:12:46 AM

I think it is good if Exchange can use hardware wallet for trading.
Trezor support this but only Bithumb use it

by using hardware wallet for trading it is safer for us and also for the exchange
shavill

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:51:21 PM

I've had a small 4fig portfolio sitting in Bittrex for a couple months, did my first small withdrawal to test and it worked perfectly. No issues for me, yet anyway.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: