Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:54:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 179 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LUXCoin—New PHI2 PoW/PoS Hybrid—SC—SegWit—PrivateSend—PoS Web Wallet—LuxGate  (Read 130150 times)
StoneSoup

Activity: 225
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:28:37 PM

You are right, Lupanar. Global hashrates decreased, in turn led to lower diff, hence more rewards for miners.

It is quite easy math. The profit for each miner often stays the same with changes like this as some miners leave.
Im not sure if i agree with how it was done, but still sticking around and mining.

The MN cost is too high in my opinion, but i knew about it before i started so cant really complain. But expressing ones opinion (polite) should always be welcome Smiley

How is the new wallet with POS enabled doing?

I'm quite aware of the maths. The problem is the number of miners will be reduced. You simply cannot reduce the reward and maintain the number of miners. This weakens the network, does NOT strengthen it.

The LUX nodes cost literally hundreds of thousands of dollars so most miners will not want to invest that much in one coin so that just leaves them to the very wealthy. This is a coin for the already wealthy.

Masternodes will start to pop up more and more until they become borderline unprofitable. They will lock in coins that will then not be in the ecosystem and the coin will basically hardly be traded. All other coins will be locked up in wallets as pos. This coin will lack trade and the price will continue it's precipitous fall. This will make make those who invested in the masternodes at a higher price very unhappy.

People need to realise that here are no shortcuts here and when you play around with the variables of a coin, you risk fucking it up big time. I believe that the devs have done just that. Given how they fucked up so big with the wallet issue and the coding fail, I can't say I'm terribly surprised that they made another bad decision.

I would really love to see a fork (or clone) of this coin as it has so much potential but not sure if that will happen.

I am expecting/hoping the price will go up in a while as people buy coins to get a masternode and then I will sell all my coins. After that, I expect the coin to fall slowly but consistently to well below a dollar. This will be because the number of masternodes will increase to the point that earnings will be minimal and the investment is just too great all while there is little movement on trade since iners are no longer injecting new coins into the system at the same rate and instead putting the coins into mn or pos.

What a shame this most excellent coin became a shitcoin Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zer0k

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 11:33:22 PM

You are right, Lupanar. Global hashrates decreased, in turn led to lower diff, hence more rewards for miners.

It is quite easy math. The profit for each miner often stays the same with changes like this as some miners leave.
Im not sure if i agree with how it was done, but still sticking around and mining.

The MN cost is too high in my opinion, but i knew about it before i started so cant really complain. But expressing ones opinion (polite) should always be welcome Smiley

How is the new wallet with POS enabled doing?

I'm quite aware of the maths. The problem is the number of miners will be reduced. You simply cannot reduce the reward and maintain the number of miners. This weakens the network, does NOT strengthen it.

The LUX nodes cost literally hundreds of thousands of dollars so most miners will not want to invest that much in one coin so that just leaves them to the very wealthy. This is a coin for the already wealthy.

Masternodes will start to pop up more and more until they become borderline unprofitable. They will lock in coins that will then not be in the ecosystem and the coin will basically hardly be traded. All other coins will be locked up in wallets as pos. This coin will lack trade and the price will continue it's precipitous fall. This will make make those who invested in the masternodes at a higher price very unhappy.

People need to realise that here are no shortcuts here and when you play around with the variables of a coin, you risk fucking it up big time. I believe that the devs have done just that. Given how they fucked up so big with the wallet issue and the coding fail, I can't say I'm terribly surprised that they made another bad decision.

I would really love to see a fork (or clone) of this coin as it has so much potential but not sure if that will happen.

I am expecting/hoping the price will go up in a while as people buy coins to get a masternode and then I will sell all my coins. After that, I expect the coin to fall slowly but consistently to well below a dollar. This will be because the number of masternodes will increase to the point that earnings will be minimal and the investment is just too great all while there is little movement on trade since iners are no longer injecting new coins into the system at the same rate and instead putting the coins into mn or pos.

What a shame this most excellent coin became a shitcoin Sad

Can't wait for you to release your coin...you seem to have it all worked out  Roll Eyes

StyleForceOne

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:05:13 AM

why was the telegram account deleted? that really is not cool and commuinty friendly Sad

O W N R   W A L L E T      ❱      Create EOS accounts and manage EOS in an HD wallet      ❰      BTC, EOS & other coins
❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱      Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay      ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER          App Store  ]          FULL EOS SUPPORT          [ Google Play ]          REDDIT   YOUTUBE
StoneSoup

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:07:13 AM

why was the telegram account deleted? that really is not cool and commuinty friendly Sad

Welcome to the world of a shitcoin :|
zer0k

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 01:01:14 AM

Unfortunately, we have found that Telegram is totally un-manageable from an administrative perspective.

Discord is far and away a better option for the team to be able to layout information in sections that can help the community more clearly.
It will also allow the team to spend less time on answering identical questions, and more time on more important matters.

Please join the official discord server here - https://discord.gg/9mnYwra

zer0k

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 01:01:55 AM

Give it a rest

StoneSoup

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:36:06 AM

Give it a rest

Maybe you should stop shilling a shitcoin
cryptolad

Activity: 131

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:00:15 AM

upgraded to latest wallet and am staking.  previously there was an estimated future payout date.  there doesn't seem to be one now... just 'staking is active'  - is this correct?
webchris

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 02:14:13 AM

upgraded to latest wallet and am staking.  previously there was an estimated future payout date.  there doesn't seem to be one now... just 'staking is active'  - is this correct?

Correct, coins that were mature already are immediately stakable once your wallet is synced up.

Join a Safe Shared LUX Masternode -> https://www.luxmasternode.com
zer0k

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 02:24:09 AM

Give it a rest

Maybe you should stop shilling a shitcoin

I'm not shilling it. I'm part of the team.
You on the other hand are obviously carrying an axe you really want to grind

This is our discord, where we have over 50 channels, and 20+ admins.
We closed Telegram because this is how we prefer to manage communications.

lupanar

Activity: 1344
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:46:52 AM

Hi everybody  Smiley

Would anyone have a vague idea on how much LUX / month i could get mining with a single GTX 1050 2GB card, or a 1050 Ti 4GB one ? And their hash rates?

Thx!!  Wink Wink
Use WTM for rough income calculation http://whattomine.com/coins/212-lux-phi1612

Also GPUs hashes list

AVERAGE hashrates for Phi Algo
--------------------------------------

AMD

R9 270x - 2.0
R9 390x - 7.0
RX470 - 12
RX570 - 14.0
RX580 - 14.7
RX480 - 15.7
Vega56 - 24.3
Vega64 - 30.0

Nvidia

GT730 - 0.5
GTX660 - 1.8
GTX840M - 2.1
GTX1030 - 3.0
GTX690 - 3.1
GTX960M - 3.7
GTX750Ti - 4.1
GTX1050 - 5.7
GTX950 - 5.8
GTX970M - 6.4
GTX1050Ti - 6.7
GTX960 - 7.3
GTX1050ti - 7.5
GTX970 - 10.3
GTX1060/3 - 10.8
GTX1060/6 - 12.1
GTX980 - 12.6
GTX980Ti - 15.8
GTX1070 - 18.4
GTX1070Ti - 21.7
GTX1080 - 22.3
GTX1080Ti - 28.1

▄███▄▄                  ▄▄███▄
▄██▄ ▀▀████▄              ▄████▀▀ ▄██▄
 ▀████▄ ▀▀████▄        ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀
█▄ ▀▀████▄ ▀▀████   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄█
███  ▄▀▀████▄ ▀  ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀▄  ███
███  ██▄ ▀▀   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄██  ███
███  ██▀   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄  ▀██  ███
███  ▀  ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀  ████▄  ▀  ███
█▀   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀████▄   ▀█
  ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀    ▀▀████▄ ▀▀████▄
████▀▀ ▄████▀▀          ▀▀████▄ ▀▀████
███  ████▀▀ ▄█▄         ▄▄ ▀▀████  ███
███  ███  ▄▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀   ███  ███
███  ███  ██▄ ▀▀  ▄███▀▀ ▄██  ███  ███
███  ███  █▀   ▄███▀▀ ▄███▀▀  ███  ███
███  ███    ▄███▀▀ ▄███▀▀  ▄  ███  ███
███  ███  ███▀▀ ▄███▀▀   ▄██  ███  ███
▀██  ███  ▀▀ ▄███▀▀  ▄██▄ ▀█  ███  ██▀
  ▀  ███  ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄  ███  ▀
      ▀█  █▀▀            ▀▀█  █▀
LUXCORE
██████████████▄
██          ██▀█▄
██  ██████  ██  ▀█▄
██  ██████  ██    ▀█
██  ██████  ████████
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ███████       ██
██                ██
████████████████████
▬▬▬     DOWNLOAD WALLETS     ▬▬▬
| WINDOWS | MAC | LINUX | LUXBLOCKCHAIN |
████████      EXCHANGE      ████████

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
StoneSoup

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:53:47 AM

Hi everybody  Smiley

Would anyone have a vague idea on how much LUX / month i could get mining with a single GTX 1050 2GB card, or a 1050 Ti 4GB one ? And their hash rates?

Thx!!  Wink Wink

Hunt down the PHI optimised version of ccminer and you will get 10 to 20% better performance.

When I started, I was getting around 12Mh/s on each of 2 1060/3gb cards (overclocked 120mhz) so 24Mh/s total. I was getting approx 1 coin per week with this setup which was ok since they were over $30 each.

The rate for the 1050 card is around 8Mh/s I believe with the optimised ccminer software. So you should get around 1/3 of a coin per week or 1 coin every 3 weeks. Current price is around $12 per coin so around $4 per week or $0.57 per day or a little over 2 cents per hour.

I don't actually think it would be wise for you to mine unless you can get a better card to mine with but if your electricity is free, then maybe you are ok to do so.
lupanar

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:36:05 AM

How do I move my wallet to another computer?
The wallet.dat file transfer does not work.
Simply copy wallet.dat to flash drive and paste it to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\LUX directory of another pc. If another pc havent /Lux so run lux-qt first and that folder will appear.

LUXCORE
██████████████▄
██          ██▀█▄
██  ██████  ██  ▀█▄
██  ██████  ██    ▀█
██  ██████  ████████
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ███████       ██
██                ██
████████████████████

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
crypto_tricky

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:52:40 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 08:02:46 AM by crypto_tricky

@ lupanar and @ StoneSoup:

THX very much!  Cheesy

Basically I have an old computer I don't use anymore and I was too lazy to sell sitting around idle (i5 760 2.8ghz quadcore on a Asus P7P55D motherboard + 8GB ddr-3). I saw a local listing for a GTX 1050 pretty affordable, so I thought it would be nice to get into mining, just as a learning and fun experience. Don't really have expectations to get a lot of profit, just enough to pay for the card in a couple months and it seems LUX might be a bit more profitable than ETH or ZEC or XMR at the time being. My interest in LUX comes from the fact Doug Polk Crypto shilled for it a few weeks ago.

Also, if the coin has some future I could get rewarded in the future by hodling it. But right now having read the last couple posts and realizing there's so much fighting between the community and the team I'm afraid of getting involved.  Sad Huh

Do you think the hash rate would be impaired by the CPU and motherboard chipset being so old or does the GPU still perform to its full potential even on such an old platform?

Is this proposal to join a masternode by buying 161.2 LUX and get massive returns legit??  Huh I'm a total n00b to the crypto world so i'm like "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." Embarrassed
I hope my question doesn't come accross as offensive but I'm coming from a place of baby crypto enthusiast and so I'm trying to be super prudent in this mad world of crypto. 161.2 coins would be a huge investment for me.  Embarrassed
Dr_Victor

Activity: 954

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:15:30 AM

Could anyone tell me how many PoS rewards do you have from LUX?

yobit.net is banned from signatures
fiordnet

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:28:12 AM

I manage to make the new wallet sync fast enough (after adding "staking=0" to lux.conf...without the "") .
Though I havent received the last three payments from yiimp. The block explorer shows it  as "not redeemed". This means waiting to be processed and confirmed?
lupanar

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:45:47 AM

@ lupanar and @ StoneSoup:

THX very much!  Cheesy

Basically I have an old computer I don't use anymore and I was too lazy to sell sitting around idle (i5 760 2.8ghz quadcore on a Asus P7P55D motherboard + 8GB ddr-3). I saw a local listing for a GTX 1050 pretty affordable, so I thought it would be nice to get into mining, just as a learning and fun experience. Don't really have expectations to get a lot of profit, just enough to pay for the card in a couple months and it seems LUX might be a bit more profitable than ETH or ZEC or XMR at the time being. My interest in LUX comes from the fact Doug Polk Crypto shilled for it a few weeks ago.

Also, if the coin has some future I could get rewarded in the future by hodling it. But right now having read the last couple posts and realizing there's so much fighting between the community and the team I'm afraid of getting involved.  Sad Huh

Do you think the hash rate would be impaired by the CPU and motherboard chipset being so old or does the GPU still perform to its full potential even on such an old platform?

Is this proposal to join a masternode by buying 161.2 LUX and get massive returns legit??  Huh I'm a total n00b to the crypto world so i'm like "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." Embarrassed
I hope my question doesn't come accross as offensive but I'm coming from a place of baby crypto enthusiast and so I'm trying to be super prudent in this mad world of crypto. 161.2 coins would be a huge investment for me.  Embarrassed
Can you ask all this questions via discord, much easier to give qualify help there.https://discord.gg/X43CA3f

Could anyone tell me how many PoS rewards do you have from LUX?
Its still 60%/40% to miner/MN till specific block height that be setted up soon.

I manage to make the new wallet sync fast enough (after adding "staking=0" to lux.conf...without the "") .
Though I havent received the last three payments from yiimp. The block explorer shows it  as "not redeemed". This means waiting to be processed and confirmed?
Wallet get to be fully synced according block explorer, it might be needed to make clean instal with deleting everythig from /Lux except wallet.dat

LUXCORE
██████████████▄
██          ██▀█▄
██  ██████  ██  ▀█▄
██  ██████  ██    ▀█
██  ██████  ████████
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ███████       ██
██                ██
████████████████████

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
crypto_tricky

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:01:02 AM

Can you ask all this questions via discord, much easier to give qualify help there.https://discord.gg/X43CA3f

Well, I don't even know what Discord is tbh so I'll start reading up and learning.  Grin
fiordnet

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:26:57 AM

Thank you lunapar. I also joined discord and saw the solution there. I did a fresh install from scratch and it synced perfectly fine! Everything is ok with the new wallet.
omshree

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:16:38 PM

Cryptopia depos missing again...

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 179 »
  Print  

Jump to: