Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:49:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 179 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LUXCoin—New PHI2 PoW/PoS Hybrid—SC—SegWit—PrivateSend—PoS Web Wallet—LuxGate  (Read 130150 times)
Tept945

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:31:39 PM

Is block difficulty higher while staking is inactive?

I notice since v4 wallet that the block difficulty has gone up substantially.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alexandrofff

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:42:27 PM

Does LUXcoin have any referral program? Or maybe a bounty campaign in the nearly future?
Was you thinking about it?
gildinglite

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

These packets fly

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:32:52 PM

Each updating of a purse is for some reason connected with losses.
There was "lux-qt_v3.0.4" (windows), 2/7/2018 from POS has been received 1 LUX (earlier 1 LUX 25.01 have been received), after updating of a purse to version 4:
1) the sums have for some reason changed, instead of 1 LUX shows only LUX$0,6
2) and both translations are cancelled now – on both condition of "conflicted".
Reward for POS block till block 100k was 2 lux where 0.8 went to masternodes, from block 100k was a halving of reward and it became 1 lux with 0.4 goes to MNs. That POS reward will be constant.
Now POS mining is paused due to upgrading to new protocol, will start again from block 180k.

And yes, stakes with status "conflicted" means u got an orphan block https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Orphan_Block

Thanks for the explanation, but that doesn't help incentivize anyone to upgrade their wallets, taking away both past and present rewards... LUX team should honestly reimburse dedicated stakers during the switch.
anorganix (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 970
Merit: 287

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:44:20 PM

This was a protocol upgrade not just wallet update as most people think - in order to ensure smooth transition (to protocol 69200) and network stability - staking is disabled until block 180000, as mentioned/announced before. Past stakes are not lost and new wallet (4.0.0) is not currently staking until 180000.

If you have orphan stakes it means you ignored the mandatory update and you staked with old wallet which is not supported anymore.

I will never send private messages with payment requests for my auctions. I only communicate transparently via the forum (not Telegram, Discord, Skype & others). Please be wary of scammers.
webchris

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 04:58:25 PM

Hey everyone, I am putting together a shared masternode for those of us who want to participate in one, but are not able to lock up the full amount. Masternode earnings are currently significantly better and more consistent than staking alone.

A masternode requires 16,120 LUX. To participate in the shared masternode, I am dividing it into 100 "shares". Each share is 161.2 LUX. You can take as many shares as you wish, if they are available. There are a max of 100 shares.

Payouts will be made every week to the address you choose when you make your initial deposit.

Security will be the utmost priority. The masternode will run on a dedicated Linux machine with all unnecessary ports blocked.

5% of masternode earnings are retained as service fee to pay for hardware, hosting, and my labor.
There is a 1 LUX setup fee to help with initial costs.

Withdrawals may be requested 60 days after depositing. Upon receiving a withdrawal request, I will seek out someone to fill your spot (starting with the waitlist). If no replacement is found within 15 days, your withdrawal will process regardless (unless you are willing to wait longer while we look for a replacement).

If you want to participate, send an email to luxmasternode@gmail.com. I will respond with a unique address to deposit your LUX. Please also include your withdrawal address that you would like to receive your payouts, and eventually your deposit back.

In the future, I plan on the following improvements:

Dead man's switch: All user deposits will automatically be sent to their withdrawal addresses if I am idle for 30 days. This would protect investors from something happening to me.

Web interface with stats. See profits from the node in real time. See past and future payouts.

My background:
I have been an IT Director for 15 years. I have experience with Linux, Python, PHP, MySQL, and a number of other languages and technologies. I also have business and finance experience. At my previous job I was partially responsible for security of $2b USD in assets. I have been a follower of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for years and am a big believer in LUX. Personally, I plan to be a long term holder of LUX and will reinvest my profits into staking or additional masternodes.

Join a Safe Shared LUX Masternode -> https://www.luxmasternode.com
zabid7772

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:32:13 PM

what is the best hashrate for NVIDIA 1070?
which mining software is est for PHI1612?
currently i am getting 19MH/s per card with 70% TDP and core 0 and memory 0.
Is it ok?

i am new with PHI1612
thank you.
PeterP4rker

Activity: 80

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 06:05:13 PM

Is it ok?

i am new with PHI1612
thank you.

I have 21.18 Mh/s

https://i.gyazo.com/19f56d15308e9a588fbb0ed0095ca2ce.png

500 blocks before the PoS reactivation =)
zabid7772

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:39:20 PM

Is it ok?

i am new with PHI1612
thank you.

I have 21.18 Mh/s

https://i.gyazo.com/19f56d15308e9a588fbb0ed0095ca2ce.png

you are using highest GPU clock? my one will hang if i do so...
only 500 Block left?
inlovewithcrypto

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:57:29 PM

Is there any whitepaper?
webchris

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 07:00:52 PM

Is there any whitepaper?

Yes, here's a link tot he whitepaper: https://luxcore.io/pdf/luxcore_commercial_wp_v2.0.pdf

inlovewithcrypto

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:07:56 PM

Thanks a lot!
Aegean Skipper

Activity: 378
Merit: 126

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:30:31 PM

Hey everyone, I am putting together a shared masternode for those of us who want to participate in one, but are not able to lock up the full amount. Masternode earnings are currently significantly better and more consistent than staking alone.

A masternode requires 16,120 LUX. To participate in the shared masternode, I am dividing it into 100 "shares". Each share is 161.2 LUX. You can take as many shares as you wish, if they are available. There are a max of 100 shares.

Payouts will be made every week to the address you choose when you make your initial deposit.

Security will be the utmost priority. The masternode will run on a dedicated Linux machine with all unnecessary ports blocked.

5% of masternode earnings are retained as service fee to pay for hardware, hosting, and my labor.

Withdrawals may be requested 60 days after depositing. Upon receiving a withdrawal request, I will seek out someone to fill your spot (starting with the waitlist). If no replacement is found within 15 days, your withdrawal will process regardless (unless you are willing to wait longer while we look for a replacement).

If you want to participate, send an email to luxmasternode@gmail.com. I will respond with a unique address to deposit your LUX. Please also include your withdrawal address that you would like to receive your payouts, and eventually your deposit back.

Dead man's switch: All user deposits will automatically be sent to their withdrawal addresses if I am idle for 30 days. This would protect investors from something happening to me.

Web interface with stats. See profits from the node in real time. See past and future payouts.

My background:
I have been an IT Director for 15 years. I have experience with Linux, Python, PHP, MySQL, and a number of other languages and technologies. I also have business and finance experience. At my previous job I was partially responsible for security of $2b USD in assets. I have been a follower of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for years and am a big believer in LUX. Personally, I plan to be a long term holder of LUX and will reinvest my profits into staking or additional masternodes.

hi webchris
it is a very interesting proposal and you are expressing your idea in a nice way but you are talking about 2500$ and a strong possibility exists for this coin to reach at higher prices 
how the participants will be secure for not losing their assets?
how long you are going to wait until the number of the 100 participants will be capped? 

thanks
btcgreen63

Activity: 98
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:23:34 PM

only 500 Block left?
He's referring to how many more blocks must be created before staking is turned back on in the wallet. We're down to about 400 now.
diemquy057

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:24:49 PM

This was a protocol upgrade not just wallet update as most people think - in order to ensure smooth transition (to protocol 69200) and network stability - staking is disabled until block 180000, as mentioned/announced before. Past stakes are not lost and new wallet (4.0.0) is not currently staking until 180000.

If you have orphan stakes it means you ignored the mandatory update and you staked with old wallet which is not supported anymore.
Ignored mandatory update and led to chainsplit . It's terrible.
webchris

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 12:09:50 AM

My background:

hi webchris
it is a very interesting proposal and you are expressing your idea in a nice way but you are talking about 2500$ and a strong possibility exists for this coin to reach at higher prices 
how the participants will be secure for not losing their assets?
how long you are going to wait until the number of the 100 participants will be capped? 

thanks

I agree completely. I personally think LUX will triple in market cap this year, hopefully even moreso. That's one reason I'm anxious to be part of a masternode so my coins can grow faster!

I will make every effort to keep the masternode secure and operating, as I will have funds to lose as well. I think I might make a YouTube video introducing myself and talking more about my goals. I would love to have several masternodes that I manage, but that will obviously be based on demand. I have had my BitcoinTalk account since 2013 with no issues, as well as I have a Twitch channel and YT channel where I've done some streaming of games. I'm just putting that out there to say I'm not some faceless name on the internet trying to steal money.

As far as a deadline... I am reaching out on Reddit, Discord, and may use YouTube and Twitter to promote the masternode. If I am unable to get enough in 30 days, I will reach out to the investors to see if they want to keep waiting or if they want to withdraw their funds. Obviously the closer we get to the amount it should be easier to get people to contribute. I am currently buying more LUX to add another share myself.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

lupanar

Activity: 1344
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:04:17 AM

Hi lunapar,

first of all I want to learn that solo mining is still available after  upgrade lux wallet to 4.0 ? if it is available why I am taking error "JSON-RPC call failed, method not found" ? in my lux conf file these settings:

server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=YStrix1
rpcpassword=794082
rpcuser=YStrix2
rpcpassword=794082
rpcport=6667
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.1.1
rpcallowip=5.191.16.172
rpcallowip=192.168.8.103
rpcallowip=192.168.8.100
onlynet=ipv4

and the last  question is; since 06.02.2018 I was solo mining to my wallet and luxcoins generated normally I was taking stakes etc. ( the old wallet showed as all normal) but after the update mining transactions and stakes  are signed as conflicted and not added to my balance. only coins which came from the pool minings are added to my balance.. 
what happened to these coins and Am I able to get them back? Please help me.
Hi, solo mining disabled in wallet v4 and due to pools and exchange are already on new protocol you need to upgrade wallet to v4 to be able send/recieve coins. Also stake be active again from block 180k.

Does LUXcoin have any referral program? Or maybe a bounty campaign in the nearly future?
Was you thinking about it?
Here it is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2761461.0

▄███▄▄                  ▄▄███▄
▄██▄ ▀▀████▄              ▄████▀▀ ▄██▄
 ▀████▄ ▀▀████▄        ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀
█▄ ▀▀████▄ ▀▀████   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄█
███  ▄▀▀████▄ ▀  ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀▄  ███
███  ██▄ ▀▀   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄██  ███
███  ██▀   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄  ▀██  ███
███  ▀  ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀  ████▄  ▀  ███
█▀   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀████▄   ▀█
  ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀    ▀▀████▄ ▀▀████▄
████▀▀ ▄████▀▀          ▀▀████▄ ▀▀████
███  ████▀▀ ▄█▄         ▄▄ ▀▀████  ███
███  ███  ▄▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀   ███  ███
███  ███  ██▄ ▀▀  ▄███▀▀ ▄██  ███  ███
███  ███  █▀   ▄███▀▀ ▄███▀▀  ███  ███
███  ███    ▄███▀▀ ▄███▀▀  ▄  ███  ███
███  ███  ███▀▀ ▄███▀▀   ▄██  ███  ███
▀██  ███  ▀▀ ▄███▀▀  ▄██▄ ▀█  ███  ██▀
  ▀  ███  ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄  ███  ▀
      ▀█  █▀▀            ▀▀█  █▀
LUXCORE
██████████████▄
██          ██▀█▄
██  ██████  ██  ▀█▄
██  ██████  ██    ▀█
██  ██████  ████████
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ███████       ██
██                ██
████████████████████
▬▬▬     DOWNLOAD WALLETS     ▬▬▬
| WINDOWS | MAC | LINUX | LUXBLOCKCHAIN |
████████      EXCHANGE      ████████

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:34:13 AM

Nice to see new wallet have arrived while im on vacation! Obviously running the old now though on the wrong chain, but will change asap to the new when i get home Smiley

About that masternode, i would not dare sending such amount of cash to a legendary, and your a member. YouTube of yourself helps probably, but it is not for me. I do hope you get it up as more masternodes is positive, hopefully there are others here who trust strangers more Smiley
Tept945

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:25:54 PM

In the 180k blocks and wallet still not staking. Something I'm not doing?

Console getstakingstatus says I'm able to stake.
Dr_Victor

Activity: 954
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:33:54 PM

We passed 180K block but PoS is not active, what is wrong?

yobit.net is banned from signatures
Tept945

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:37:42 PM

And..... looks like pools are down.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 179 »
  Print  

Jump to: