Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:01:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some BFL order complaints  (Read 596 times)
Askit2 (OP)

Activity: 981
Merit: 500

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:24:12 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 03:17:04 PM by gmaxwell

I know this isn't the right place for this.
I would like to start by saying I really am sorry for saying this here but I truly feel I am out of workable options.

I ordered Jalapenos from BFL 9/5/2012 (September 5th) and all of that day shipped in theory 6/19/2013 (June 19th). Mine was skipped. I watched the blog as was repeatedly suggested as a good way to find out when MY units would ship. Saturday as I am in a 3 day shipping zone for USPS I really likely would have seen the units.I don't believe I ever got a tracking number for my FPGA so I wasn't worried about that. The units didn't show up.

Sunday I log into my account and the order is Pending. That is apparently slang for skipped ( I had assumed they where pending shipping). Sunday I emailed about the pending issue asking for a tracking number for my order. Follow up was rather delayed. Yes I delayed days by stupidly trusting Jody to check the actual shipments that lined up with the day rather then just that shipping ran out of orders for that day.

Monday 6/24 I expected at the latest my packages to show up. I called after 2 Kansas city time. This was after the mail truck went by my house. I talked to a gentleman who wasn't really helpful. He did in the least correct way fix my problem. He somehow slated for production my jalapeno 8 pack. Apparently there is an issue where the 8 pack upgrades don't get made. So my units where added to the que. The back of the que apparently. I asked about priority shipping as this mistake wasn't mine and had already cost me 4 days of using the units. I was told that I should be happy that BFL was paying for the increased shipping as my order now takes more boxes then had been expected. I got the impression that somehow if this person where in charge I would not only have waited, had the product change to a fan based unit but also had the shipping cost after the fact increased because the units didn't fit like they should have. Now the units getting bigger wasn't my fault, nor was the ordering/shipping computer glitch (apparently) that caused (according to him) my order never to be made. The only part of this that could be partially my fault was not knowing in advance that my order should change from pending to production then to shipped. Not to mention apparently I should have known this takes a week in production before it would be close to shipping. He also assured me I would have my units this week.

Tuesday I finally got an email about the "glitch". The email stated that the glitch was resolved. It went on to state my order had gone to production (apparently the end of the line(not stated)). Further it was stated that "When we have more Jalapenos we will ship yours". The last sentence sounded like my order would go out with the next jalapenos off the line or out of testing. At least to me it does. Obvious to me now all it ever meant was my order was as late as possible. Also Tuesday my account finally changed to production from pending at about 3 KC time.

Wednesday no one would answer the phone when I called three times. I could have called more but I left a voicemail  so some BFL rep should call me back right? apparently voicemail is more backed up then email. At least I assume its backed up as my call wasn't returned yet.

Thursday I got in touch with the same rep as Monday. That was today. 8 days after the 8 units should have shipped. I was told he would check if my orders would ship soon. Some lady screamed at him that it would be shipping today. He told me my order would definitely ship today. They didn't, it didn't.

I have actually saved BFL $4172. Someone when correcting my order from 4 Jalapenos to the 8 pack upgrade kit fat fingered the order into 8 upgrade packs. When I noticed the error I reported it and my order was corrected.

I guess at this point since 9/6-9/10 have shipped or in the case of 9/10 mostly shipped. All of these orders have managed to questionably get priority over a much older order. My order has been delayed it will be 9 days before shipping starts tomorrow and my unit is still in production. I don't know if it would even ship tomorrow. These delays are less then desireable. They have been unwanted since day 1 of this issue. They have never been anything I caused. Topped off with so far no one has helped me in a really meaningful way. I would like to know who to talk to that has both the power to actually do something useful like make sure before more jump the line mine ships and it would be lovely to get some faster shipping.

I really feel like I am being punished for ordering or at least ordering the 8 pack. I can't believe that no one else ordered an 8 pack before me. I can't believe that this problem never came up before. I can't believe this problem was never corrected or even checked for. I know no one can go back in time. No one can ship my order 6/19 like it should have. I am sure someone could have shipped it closer to 6/19 then it is now. I am sure since according to the blog more leave BFL every day. More leave just not mine.

So Inaba could you ask BFL_josh (I know already) if he could check into this I would happily supply either of you an order #. I am very upset now by the way this has been handled and I hope the best pool op I know can fix meat space problems like he fixes server bugs.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:40:58 PM

MANY of us out here have horror stories about BFL orders. 

[rant]
I bought 4 of these, back in 2012 when they would have actually produced a return on my investment.   With any luck, I might even get some of them this year.  Never before have I dealt with such an absolutely horrible company, nor will I ever do business with them again, nor will anyone else I have talked to that's ordered from them.  Their excuses are bizzare - did you know they're now supposedly doing another (what, fourth, fifth?) revision of their chips - which will delay orders even further?

Personally I think the money people sent them mostly went up their collective noses, and that actually delivering product has been running a poor second to buying themselves good batches of blow.

End of story. 
[/rant]
illpoet

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:13:40 PM

i couldn't help notice the irony of a bfl ad underneath this post.  Cocaine addiction is probably the best explanation of bfl i've read yet.

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: