Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:55:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UPDATE] Butterfly Labs - June 22 2013  (Read 3417 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:30:02 AM

Thought not. I contend that Josh has officially lost his fuckin' mind. How could the guy in charge of production not be aware that the 60 GH/s miner has been discontinued?
Its sort of a bonus. You can order 50 GH/s unit, and after some time you should receive mail asking to pay additional 500USD for upgrade to 60 GH/s (this is optional).
I would like to know if those who ordered 60 GH/s units year ago must pay additional price too.

Of course not, they get what they paid for, same as mini-rigs and little SC.

Original Jalepeno orders had the option to upgrade as their original specs were upgradable.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:48:10 AM

Or maybe it's to help cover the 1000 BTC guarantee that HE owes (not the BFL one).

Total Donated To Date: 291 BTC. They aren't rushing with the charity donation Smiley  I know you are reading this retard Inaba. Do you think that maybe in two weeks™ will you manage to pay all of the charity bet?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 02:22:54 AM

This has fixed a lot of the latency issues we were experiencing with the early firmware and what held up production on some of the 60 GH/s units.

Finally, some good news. The return of the 60 GH/s. Would somebody be so kind as to point out which one of the units depicted on this page is said unit?: https://products.butterflylabs.com/

Thought not. I contend that Josh has officially lost his fuckin' mind. How could the guy in charge of production not be aware that the 60 GH/s miner has been discontinued?

Maybe it was a typo.

With the current firmware, we are seeing between 260w to 280w per 60 GH/s unit, or 4.3w - 4.6w per GH at the wall on 120v.

Twice!

Also, for only $43,000, one can get a 1000 GH/s, of which is only a $13,000 increase from the last time I saw the unit priced. Maybe that's to cover the FCC certification fees.

Or maybe it's to buy a tombstone for Sonny K.'s grave.

Or maybe it's to help cover the 1000 BTC guarantee that HE owes (not the BFL one).

Unit used to be 1,500 Gh/s for $30k, not 1,000 Gh/s!

I stand corrected. Make that $65,500 for the same hashing power originally priced not too long ago for $30,000, a 115% increase.
GigaWave

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:48:45 AM

I would imagine the majority of their orders from at least the first ~7 months are the 60Gh models. So of course they are going to give specs for that models as most people are waiting for that model, As they will be shipping people what they paid for one way or another. At least that is their claim.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 05:20:02 AM

Its sort of a bonus. You can order 50 GH/s unit, and after some time you should receive mail asking to pay additional 500USD for upgrade to 60 GH/s (this is optional).
I would like to know if those who ordered 60 GH/s units year ago must pay additional price too.
Of course not, they get what they paid for...

No they (I) paid for a 40 Gh/s (IIRC) unit with no more than 1 W (+10%) per Gh/s, delivered late 2012.

At the moment most of them (including me) get nothing and watch others happily mining and drive the diff up at a speed that will make the BFL unit worthless, when (if) it is delivered in a few months.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:06:16 AM

I love how Josh says "oh now we finally are getting through the bottlenecks here and there blah blah blah."

After saying they knew they would ship in Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr....and still they dont have a fucking clue what they are doing.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

whisper

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

Learn to go against your mind

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:19:41 AM

I dont believe they will fill all orders till september... The still dont reach start of july(2012) 60gh orders Cheesy
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:27:01 AM

I dont believe they will fill all orders till september... The still dont reach start of july(2012) 60gh orders Cheesy

I know yea? Who do they think they are fooling?

They havent gotten through the past 12 MONTHS of preorders including July 2012....which leaves August, Sep, Oct ... of 2012 and all of 2013.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

peterepeat

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:09:43 AM

I am still coming to terms with receiving multiple BFL hardware deliveries and hearing of refunds being taken up with Avalon.

Turning Tables
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:46:49 PM

They didn't even reach the first week of orders of the 60 Gh/s miners and no Little Single. But maybe in two months. Or two weeks - there is no difference betwenn month and weeks when we talk about BFL.

BTW my order is now one year old, the hash rate is exploding and those ASICs need a lot more power than expected. 200 BTC lost - well done BFL.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: