Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:42:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hotmine X5/X6 upgrade for antminer S5/S3  (Read 1424 times)
greyday (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:19:29 AM

This came out of a couple of discussion threads, but as many of us have had little luck attempting to order upgrades from Hotmine, I thought if we got enough people together to make a large enough order they might be able to ship to the US. Anyone else interested? I am happy to coordinate this, but since I really only want two X5s I am equally happy to let someone else do it if they have a larger order they want to place.  Post in here or PM me if you're interested and I can write them back and see how large an order we'd need!

Info on the upgrades (they also sell fully assembled X6 miners):

http://en.hotmine.io/x5-x6-upgrade-kit-new

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyday (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:35:13 AM

UPDATE--it does seem that more than a couple of us have heard that 10 pieces is the minimum, so if we can get 7 more orders we should be good.

Also again, I am totally cool with a more senior board member being the one organizing the order if it makes everyone more comfortable. I don't care, I just want the upgrades. Smiley
greyday (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:52:00 AM

(I also have several Ukrainian friends here in Portland; if we can't get a big enough order together, I could see if they know anyone who would be cool with picking up a smaller order and shipping it for us)
BoobsFan

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:22:10 PM

Hi, im from Kiev, and im thinking of getting my self one upgrade kit, and it is possible for me to pick up your order and send it to you, but you have to figure out a way to pay them and ofcourse youll have to trust me to pick up the kits for you ).
bcn2048

Activity: 104

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:23:47 PM

Hi, im from Kiev, and im thinking of getting my self one upgrade kit, and it is possible for me to pick up your order and send it to you, but you have to figure out a way to pay them and ofcourse youll have to trust me to pick up the kits for you ).

you are from Kiev ? You could visit their quarters to see how things are going, since they are not replying anymore

I suppose, you could take orders from all who are interested, and make shipment  - with our prepay of course

greyday (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:10:46 PM

you are from Kiev ? You could visit their quarters to see how things are going, since they are not replying anymore

I suppose, you could take orders from all who are interested, and make shipment  - with our prepay of course

They replied to me last on Thursday. They are still replying, just slowly (it took about a week for them to get back to me, though they were quick to reply from my message through their website)...

And the new poster's offer is definitely an option but we'd have to figure out some form of escrow or other to ensure that neither he/she nor US buyers get screwed. The problem with escrow with these types of things is, well, figuring out how to do it, since he/she obviously needs the funds to pay hotmine. Not sure what the options are there, honestly, but there may be one.
greyday (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:34:16 PM

(also moderators please feel free to move this to the group buy section, apologies for not noticing that)
Veroscln

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:53:31 AM

Hi everyone! First time poster go figure it would be in the marketplace! Anyway I have been looking at these hotmine kits for a while and how to get my hands on one! If this group buy goes through i would like to participate to upgrade one of my s5 miners! Cheers
BoobsFan

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:54:24 PM

I cant give them a visit cause they dont tell me what is their addres. God know why.... All they have told me is that i can make a pre payment nad w8 for the kits, they are having next shippment in january, only then i can go to them for the pick up. so if you guys need some one to pick your i can do it.
greyday (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:03:26 AM

Got an email back from them--their minimum to ship to the UK (possibly a typo? either way, assume the same) is 200 pieces. So yeah. I don't see us putting that together.
greyday (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:54:00 AM

Photos of equipment with username and date and do you accept escrow?

None of the above will result in a red flag as looks like a scam.

I'm not selling anything. Read the rest of the thread, it's neither a sale nor a scam, it was an attempt to pool resources (which, due to the most recent information, seems almost entirely improbable at this point anyway).
achtung082

Activity: 358
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:41:35 AM

They told me min 60 to the USA.

Support sidehack projects: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
My Sales Wallet BTC:bc1qxtxsc86lessnrsm52gf7qgmqle75htdr03zdd7 - LTC:LNLKyKkGNCJakZudGjc2qg26yYz7oeo92k - ETH:0xDf1b17872D9Ff22F04270BbDA13556B3E1649E27
jenia1

Activity: 504
Merit: 267

HashWare - Mining solutions for everyone!

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:59:01 AM

I'm not selling anything. Read the rest of the thread, it's neither a sale nor a scam, it was an attempt to pool resources (which, due to the most recent information, seems almost entirely improbable at this point anyway).

lol hedgy..

Making mining profitable
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ANN  Website  Facebook
                                   █████████
                             ███      ████████   █████
               ▄█████████▄   █          ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████   ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄    ████████
       █████  █████  ██████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████ █████  ████  ████  █████████
█████  █████  █████   █████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
█████  █████  █████   █████  █    ██     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████████████  █████   █████  ██    ███████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████
█████  █████  █████████████  ████    █████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ██████████  █████████▀  ████
█████  █████  █████████████  ██████    ███████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████    ████
█████  █████  █████   █████       ███   ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████ ▀███▄  ████
       █████  █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
              █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  █████████
                      █████  █          ██████   █████   ▀█████  █████▀   ████  ████  ████  ████   ████████
                             ███       ███████   █████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

Mining Farm planning & advising
Equipment supply & transportation
Linking investors & ideas

greyday (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:53:45 AM

That still seems somewhat implausible without a farm buying a large number and then selling us extras.

Which actually isn't a terrible idea. Anyone know a farm that has a bunch of S5s that may want to upgrade?
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1704

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 02:33:47 PM

That still seems somewhat implausible without a farm buying a large number and then selling us extras.

Which actually isn't a terrible idea. Anyone know a farm that has a bunch of S5s that may want to upgrade?

I have understood that allinvain here at the forum would have a lot of S5s that he would like to upgrade.

Breeze

Activity: 86

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:43:53 AM

I'm also interested in couple of X5 kits. Count me in.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:57:21 AM

My mistake sorry Lips sealed
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 05:46:55 PM

I have understood that allinvain here at the forum would have a lot of S5s that he would like to upgrade.

I don't actually have a "lot" of S5s. I have maybe like 4 or 5 I think. It's been so long since they were hashing I nearly forgot about them. I do know for sure that I have 4 S3s.

So they want a 10 order minimum per person I presume?

achtung082

Activity: 358
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:59:24 PM

I don't actually have a "lot" of S5s. I have maybe like 4 or 5 I think. It's been so long since they were hashing I nearly forgot about them. I do know for sure that I have 4 S3s.

I was going to look at getting 10, but they told me the min was 60 and the price was higher than what was on the site. The shipping could also be an issue, it was a bit difficult to understand the translation. Someone local would be useful to do the forward shipping as components rather then full miners.

Support sidehack projects: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
My Sales Wallet BTC:bc1qxtxsc86lessnrsm52gf7qgmqle75htdr03zdd7 - LTC:LNLKyKkGNCJakZudGjc2qg26yYz7oeo92k - ETH:0xDf1b17872D9Ff22F04270BbDA13556B3E1649E27
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1704

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 07:04:58 PM

Ah, ok, sorry.
I had a false memory about that then.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: