Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:29:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the right time to cash out?  (Read 3908 times)
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:40:53 PM

I was so nervous that when bitcoin price dropped to 6000$ I was scared to loose more and withdrew my coins only to regret later that it became 8000$.
Please help me with your advice /opinion.

Invest that much of money what you can afford to loose. I think you have invested a good amount of money and that is for the first time in the cryptocoins. Start investing with less money, spend some time on cryptocoin market , grow your experience and then you will be less nervous. Don't just panic and sell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:11:45 PM

Cashing out btc is not a big thing to be done right now. The price on the growing side, based on which its good to hold the bitcoin expecting a good profit. There is nothing to be a right time to make use of bitcoin, maybe it's good as majority of the experts have predicted the price to be pumping much higher.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2842
Merit: 768

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:14:13 PM

I was so nervous that when bitcoin price dropped to 6000$ I was scared to loose more and withdrew my coins only to regret later that it became 8000$.
Sorry for your loss since you did easily panic and sell off your stash on lower prices which is commonly happening on most newbies since we dont still know on how bitcoins price do behaves on this market which it do drops but later on it would recover and would possibly reach up new heights.For sure this mistakes would really make you learning and for next time you wont able to commit such mistakes again and again.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:19:35 PM

This happens only when you watch the market and try to do trading, if you have some target then just put it and forget it because in bitcoin anything can happen. When you were selling their are users who have believe in bitcoin bought it and today you can see the price. That is why it is told that when ever their is correction take it as buying opportunity.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:21:12 PM

If you are bitcoin believer and you think you want to earn big money with it then always remember the cash out point is after two to five years of time. Bitcoin is shit investment for small terms and it can never get you profits, a good amount of profit. What you did was your mistake and you should not repeat it agin. If by any small chance the bitcoin falls to below your current sell point then I will advise you to buy more bitcoin Tham last time and don’t think about it for a year. You will see that they have been grown from beans to fruits in no time. This is not philosophy class but a reality platform which is being proved again and agin since the year 2009. Now what to add more into it I don’t understand, its already best for long term.

yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:33:13 PM

For me, the right time to cash out is when you see that you investment has already earned your target profit. If you see that the price is down don't sell your bitcoin because its just a temporary price and for sure it will increase again. And for you not to feel nervous everytime the price is down, just invest the amount that you can afford to lose. And ofcourse it also the right time to cash out if you really need your money but if it's not badly needed, just keep your bitcoin.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:45:18 PM

You don't trade that way and you have to make your heart stronger for now. Learn from that mistake that you are panic selling, first don't be a panic seller. When you see bitcoin's price starting to decrease, you have to be calm, away from the charts, from your computer so that you can't see that your investment is starting to lose. Bitcoin is a good long term investment, you invest today - forget it - get back to it after a year or more.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
noel2123

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:22:25 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2017, 11:30:10 PM by noel2123

That the common mistake by newbies they are controlled by there emotions , Don't ever withdraw you coins if you are still at lost the right time to cashout is when you already make a profit from it ! if you are losing just let it stay there and wait until you gain you profit already ! hope you learned your lessons.
diouf67

Activity: 260
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:26:13 PM

Well one of the first things that is really important to be able to do is try and remove your emotions from your decisions, you mentioned that you were fearful of losing money and having such an attitude will always hold you back in your decision making. The same can be said for the fear of missing out (FOMO). All of your decisions need to be taken with a clear and rational mind and that will enable you to have a much better chance at succeeding. It is important that you learn from your past decisions and constantly evaluate and improve.

Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:36:13 PM

Think about it alone, why you didn`t wait? There are two big reasons for that, one is you didn`t have trust in bitcoin second you are not patient man. With this two things nobody can`t help you, you need to do it alone. You need to learn that and practice that, and believe me nobody here can`t tell you exactly time when to sell or buy, I know that you wish that, but that`s impossible. Practice your skills alone and you will be much happier in your life, relay on yourself more then on others!

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Freegan

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:45:18 PM

I believe that this would be the right time to cash out some little portion of your bitcoins, but only with the intention of buying more in case there is a correction in coming days, since the line of $8,000 could seem an important psychological level for the events of previous days.

But if you decide to continue holding, it is also a brilliant idea.
Panchum

Activity: 378
Merit: 55

Be Good to me!

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:09:01 PM

The right time to cash out is when bitcoin value  is expensive so that you profit a big amount Just like my sister said $40 today then after an hour the price of her coin become $1200 dollars in just an hour.so l found out that bitcoin price is very important to monitor because bitcoin price value  of your coins may multiply 10 times to 20 times.Bitcoin for me now is the best because bitcoin gives the best income, profit and earnings.That the time of bitcoiners can have their benefits to be rich because of volatility price of bitcoin.Holding bitcoin also is required then sell it on the right time to to increase the value  of bitcoin.Bitcoin holders has the chance to multiply in a million because the equivalent of their bitcoin is is very big amount when bitcoin value climbs to a expensive price.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:36:00 PM

I believe that this would be the right time to cash out some little portion of your bitcoins, but only with the intention of buying more in case there is a correction in coming days, since the line of $8,000 could seem an important psychological level for the events of previous days.

But if you decide to continue holding, it is also a brilliant idea.
For last couple of days we have seen bitcoin rise back after the hard fork cancaling news, which had a massive impact on the price, and with the correction around the corner many would suggest to sell right now to avoid any loses, i personaly thin you sould wait and see what will happen because a lot of pople are looking forward to bitcoin reaching 10k before the end of the year and they want to push it to that point, so there will be a high demand a demand that will push the price, so holding it for me is the best option, but who knows this is the cryptocurrency market it is unpredicitbale, but it is better to be safe than sorry, you will always have a lot of chances of selling but a few chances of buying.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:54:31 PM

The old mantra generally holds true: Buy when others are fearful, and sell when other are greedy. Most people have the same psychology as you. They wait until the market is bottoming in a fearful capitulation before they finally sell near the bottom.

It's much better to sell into strength when the market is euphoric, then wait a couple weeks/months until sentiment has turned. Then, after the market stops buying and bagholders are jumping in front of one another to sell, you can be there to scoop up all the cheap coins.

This is the only way to handle a bull market IMO. You need to be buying the dips, not selling them.
zulkarnaen

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 10:59:05 PM

I do not think there's anything you need to regret because it's happened, and you do not have the confidence to invest in bitcoin, and whatever you decide is best for you, and let's just say it's a valuable lesson not to panic about doing things because often makes us regret later
Wonder_woman

Activity: 674
Merit: 101

I am hired and not own by any Team!

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:04:25 PM

That is the mistake an experienced trader might not do but you did it. You shouldn't have sold at that moment because it was only a rumour of bitcoin cash.
If you want to recover your loss and want to earn even more, you need to watch on market and buy when it falls down in value.
I hope bitcoin should again fall below $500, then it would be better to buy.
It is all done. Some of the traders commonly experienced that. Yeah, if their was high or low the trader are going to start feel doubt whether he sell it in high price because he has the fear of losing it again.
tommy05

Activity: 281

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:25:21 PM

This also happen to me when I am new on cryptocurrency ! I feel like when it started to go down a bit it will go down to the very end ! however traders don't think that way dont ever cashout unless you already gain an earning hold on to your coin and wait until it pump again
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:33:56 PM

IF you are talking about trading, then there are three possibilities of when you should cash out.

1) If you made a profit. If you make a profit, then you can cash out and take your winnings. This is the best possibility.
2) If you need to stop your losses. Sometimes the market will go down and you will need to cashout to stop your losses. This is not optimal, but it happens to the best of us.
3) If you lost almost everything. Maybe you will lose everything. Then you will need to cashout your spare change in your account. But sometimes you won't have enough even to cover the fees to withdraw, so you would be left with nothing.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:37:44 PM

You can't go too far wrong with acting on the absolute opposite of the emotions you're feeling at the time. That's what successful traders do. If you're terrified and desperate to sell you should hit yourself and buy as much as possible. If you're euphoric and selecting Ferrari colours, hit yourself and sell.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:46:56 PM

You can't go too far wrong with acting on the absolute opposite of the emotions you're feeling at the time. That's what successful traders do. If you're terrified and desperate to sell you should hit yourself and buy as much as possible. If you're euphoric and selecting Ferrari colours, hit yourself and sell.

This is generally where I'm coming from. Buy when there is blood in the streets. Sell when everyone thinks they can buy lambos next week by holding a couple BTC. Smiley

One caveat: This applies to Bitcoin, and by now, it might even apply to Ethereum. But when it comes to most altcoins, you need to be very aware of the fundamentals. If the market drops 80% in an altcoin, you better be checking the ANN threads and finding out why.

If an altcoin market is that bloody, there are often major fundamental reasons why: devs exit scamming, protocol failure, etc. In that case, do not buy when there is blood in the streets. Tongue
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: