Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:17:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency?  (Read 3350 times)
misterj

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:04:13 PM

I do believe that when talking about asset you mean that it is a holding or an investment that grows or creates profit for you with ease or with enough time it matures. So it is both a currency because it needs to flow continously to be alive or increase/decrease through time. Just like us dollars because currency are moneys that dies when its circulation stops. The reason why bitcoin value increases and decreases is when only some people sell and a lot of peopleare selling theirs.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:22:08 PM

I do believe that when talking about asset you mean that it is a holding or an investment that grows or creates profit for you with ease or with enough time it matures. So it is both a currency because it needs to flow continously to be alive or increase/decrease through time. Just like us dollars because currency are moneys that dies when its circulation stops. The reason why bitcoin value increases and decreases is when only some people sell and a lot of peopleare selling theirs.

Crypto is currency?

Not everybody agrees with that point of view:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffreydorfman/2017/05/17/bitcoin-is-an-asset-not-a-currency/#28df6bba2e5b

Grin

supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:33:33 PM

I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?

bitcoim is an asset today, it is for a long therm because fluctuations is not stable today.
Well we can use bitcoin both as currency and as an asset as well, so if you buy bitcoin right now and hold it for long time you will surely see the price very high in future we are going to see bitcoin market high once again, now there are a lot of people who are using only bitcoin to buy things in life they need and some people are just making assets with bitcoin because they want to hold it for long time without any plan for selling so price use to change but we can deal our bitcoin just as we want to deal with it.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 05:50:45 PM

Crypto can be both, For example if company starts ICO, this mean they will use crypto as a asset to meet the capital requirements for starting business. crypto can be used by both the way. if you are living in japan then crypto can be treated as a currency, you can use it for exchanging  goods and services. Some countries allow crypto for trading purpose only mean people can use it for capital gains, this mean they are treated crypto as an asset.

redcucumber

Activity: 153
Merit: 14

SOLARIS COIN

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:32:45 PM

we all know it that bitcoin is really made to be a currency a digital currency that will make the ease of payment around the globe but that not settle there it has a lot more to offer with its blockchain technology may use cases can be made and a much profound advancements are sprouting that gave bitcoin much more potential to grow fast, with its price increase this 2017 that shocked the world and created a hype people started to treat bitcoin as an asset for their fort folio believing that the technology will continue to progress and will give them huge amount of fortune for the coming years.

BitProCoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:35:31 PM

With the current rate of its use in the making money it seems to me asset only. There is no way we can call it as currency though it was its initial purpose.
serverus

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:46:25 AM

Fo me Crypto is both asset and currency. You can buy thing through this. It also offer big profit for everyone and give opportunity to grow their money. Soon cryptocurrency will be part of the economy.
Horick

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:11:28 AM

I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
Just like the regular currency, cryptocurrency could be both asset or just a currency. When it is invested of course you hold it in your wallet, so it is your asset. When you use it like in payments or in any other transactions, then it fucntions as currency.
ivandu

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:17:23 AM

What is your opinion?
Just like the regular currency, cryptocurrency could be both asset or just a currency. When it is invested of course you hold it in your wallet, so it is your asset. When you use it like in payments or in any other transactions, then it fucntions as currency.
for now crypto is still an asset. as long as it has not been used as a means of payment received by many countries, can not be said as a currency.
Bushrat Jahan

Activity: 397

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:30:51 AM

I think crypto is both asset and currency. When crypto is using for transactional purpose then it is called currency and when crypto is using for hold and try to get benefit from it then it is called asset.
Bushrat Jahan

Activity: 397

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:34:14 AM

It can be both since Bitcoin is cryptocurreny are technically digital currencies. Assets are things tbat has a chance to increase in terms of the value that is profitable and it happens that cryptos are. So from with that, I think cryptos are indeed a currency and asset at the same time.
Well said sir. I strongly support to your own opinion. Still now, I believe crypto is both asset and currency.
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:25:10 PM

With its current status I shall say that bitcoin is an asset that is growing to be the first official digital currency that exist. Bitcoin is currently still being converted in able to be accepted. Although there are merachants whom already accepts it as payment, still it is not yet officially and widely accepted by all.
Bitcoin is considered an asset because still need for acceptance of major business to be considered as a currency and because of its volatility it is difficult to achieve   a currency status. But as an asset is a valuable investment because  of the prices  that is high.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33]
  Print  

Jump to: