Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:16:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Copy pasting  (Read 230 times)
lighpulsar07 (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:04:20 PM

Hello moderators i would like to report someone caught copypasting in his own thread which is against the rules please do what is right for him thank you Smiley

Bitcointalk profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1096474
Proofs:
-snip-

You really don't get it do you?

A person wants to invest 100 USD of real money in cryptocurrencies. If there was only one crypto - Bitcoin - with a limited supply, then over time you can argue price will go up as long as that person really want to by crypto for his USD. But when you then have more and more cryptocurrencies, some of the people will choose to put their 100USD in competing cryptos. And this means in reality that the supply of crypto currency is growing exponentially and without limits

No matter the forks bitcoin is limited to 21millions and that can't be changed. Every other coin that come out as a product of fork has nothing to do with bitcoin, except a part of the name but basicly these are just altcoins that don't affect the bitcoin supply. And once when the limit of mined bitcoins is achieved the price will have the huge pump.

A person wants to invest 100 USD of real money in cryptocurrencies. If there was only one crypto - Bitcoin - with a limited supply, then over time you can argue price will go up as long as that person really want to by crypto for his USD. But when you then have more and more cryptocurrencies, some of the people will choose to put their 100USD in competing cryptos. And this means in reality that the supply of crypto currency is growing exponentially and without limits
I think you do not understand how it works. Hardfork does not alter the maximum supply of bitcoin, it just creates an altcoin based on the current blockchain. But bitcoin will still have 21M maximum supply. If ever the hardforked coin survives, it is just an altcoin and will compete with bitcoin on the market.
I think original poster resisted on fact that no matter how good/bad hardfork is, original Bitcoin users are going to receive it's token so..  Smiley

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:34:24 PM

Why not use the "Report to moderator" feature instead of making a thread?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
lighpulsar07 (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:41:08 PM

Well he deleted the 2 of his post so this might be a reference for his copy pasting

Edit: he hasn't deleted yet my mistake  Grin and he made another copy of it he deserves a ban
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:42:53 PM

Well he deleted the 2 other post so this might be a reference for he's wrong doing

Had you not made a thread about it, maybe the posts would still be there?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:33:10 PM

So, did you reported to moderator or no? It is interesting that people just keep comment in this thread like no one even noticed. Copy-paste is permanent banning and this guy must be doesn't know this forum's rule and think that he cheated all of us.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: