Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:55:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which alternate currency is the future?  (Read 1128 times)
Tropical Rain

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:48:25 PM

LTC...
 Other than that, Do not get involved in the other alts listed in the alt thread, they are all pump and dumps...

The only other one I would suggest is PXC for the reason they have a high quality development team that is doing a lot for the coin, they have a website for free automated escrow for the coin, they will be releasing their own exchange soon, they have a partnership with a gaming network team already and they have more coming soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:49:39 PM

Bitcoin
First of all, sorry but I don't see Bitcoin being viable for everyday use by the average person, I don't see it being used to buy daily items like groceries, clothing, and to buy a quick coffee on the high street. You just cant stand at a till and wait 10 minutes for that first confirmation to go through,  before they pass you your cappuccino which is now cold!....and... sadly...'sooorry Sir/Madam, but we doown't dooo reeefunds, and you got no chance of getting one!',  (Damn.. why didn't I just pay in fiat).

On the other hand, given that Bitcoin is the Daddy of all alts, and will, or should, always be the front runner, I do see it as a means for banks, and companies, to transfer funds globally, quicker and 'much much' more efficiently than the current, labour intensive, extremely costly, time consuming method that is currently used. Also Bitcoin will prevail for online purchases, and to fund your gambling addiction  Wink
This is just false, you don't have to wait for confirmations in shops. Doublespending isn't going to be much of a problem there, because you have to pay there in person.

Bitbar
Is a very different sort of cryptocurrency. It is something that is intended to be worth more than a Bitcoin, many bitcoins in fact. It is something your 'old time' cryptocurrency enthusiast cant get their head around, seemingly as nothing can be worth more than a 'Bitcoin' in the cryptocurrency worlds eyes. Bitbar is hard to mine, only 3884 Bars have been mined to date since the beginning of May. The name itself screams what it is...It is a bar, just like a gold bar, but intended to be a bar of bitcoins!

I believe Bitbar to be a good investment for the future, even for the name alone, this thing is hard to mine, rare, and unique among all new alt currencies.

Killiz
Just because it's rarer doesn't make it any better.
It's just another useless altcoin with lower numbers.
Tropical Rain

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:02:42 PM

I think Litecoin as well, but keep in mind how MANY options there are.

Terracoin (TRC)
Memecoin (MEM)
Bitbar (BTB)
Bitcoin (BTC)
Digitalcoin (DGC)
Fastcoin (FST)
PPcoin (PPC)
Worldcoin (WDC)
Litecoin (LTC)
Novacoin (NVC)
Feathercoin (FTC)
BBQcoin (BQC)
Megacoin (MEC)
Phenixcoin (PXC)
Freicoin (FRC)
Luckycoin (LKY)
Nibble (NBL)
Mincoin (MNC)
Franko (FRK)
Devcoin (DVC)
Hypercoin (HYC)
Namecoin (NMC)
Ixcoin (IXC)
lol, there is a lot more than that my friend, I can triple that list easily.
Tropical Rain

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:04:12 PM

Bitcoin
First of all, sorry but I don't see Bitcoin being viable for everyday use by the average person, I don't see it being used to buy daily items like groceries, clothing, and to buy a quick coffee on the high street. You just cant stand at a till and wait 10 minutes for that first confirmation to go through,  before they pass you your cappuccino which is now cold!....and... sadly...'sooorry Sir/Madam, but we doown't dooo reeefunds, and you got no chance of getting one!',  (Damn.. why didn't I just pay in fiat).

On the other hand, given that Bitcoin is the Daddy of all alts, and will, or should, always be the front runner, I do see it as a means for banks, and companies, to transfer funds globally, quicker and 'much much' more efficiently than the current, labour intensive, extremely costly, time consuming method that is currently used. Also Bitcoin will prevail for online purchases, and to fund your gambling addiction  Wink

Litecoin
I do have my crystal ball in front of me  Smiley, and I see Litecoin, the coin used for settling bills, because it already has a large following and user base, quicker transactions, 2.5 minutes, and will be used, maybe while out at the local restaurant, or to pay your tab at a hotel you were staying..... Which you booked online with your Bitcoins.

An Ideal everyday use coin, would be which you will use at for example drivethrough, maybe like McDonalds or Burger king, or at a bar to buy drinks, and at the local supermarket, where every person in the queue behind you is hoping that you are 'not' a 'Bitcoiner', will have lightening fast confirmations, with transaction complete within a few seconds.

I see many coins trying to fit this description, and have been released lately, but the main selling point of a product, sadly, 'is the name'.
Who the hell wants to ask if they can pay in say, 'Feathercoin'.......'yes you can Sir, but do I get the whole chicken with that??'  Huh or so the list goes on. Nothing screams out. Maybe good ideas, but 'come on' get the name right first!

Bitbar
Is a very different sort of cryptocurrency. It is something that is intended to be worth more than a Bitcoin, many bitcoins in fact. It is something your 'old time' cryptocurrency enthusiast cant get their head around, seemingly as nothing can be worth more than a 'Bitcoin' in the cryptocurrency worlds eyes. Bitbar is hard to mine, only 3884 Bars have been mined to date since the beginning of May. The name itself screams what it is...It is a bar, just like a gold bar, but intended to be a bar of bitcoins!

I believe Bitbar to be a good investment for the future, even for the name alone, this thing is hard to mine, rare, and unique among all new alt currencies.

Killiz

Dont get involved with BitBar fellas... It was just another failed attempt to make another copy alt... The dev. was a troll as well who couldnt accept it failed but wouldnt do anything to further develop the coin.
SteamSeller

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:17:56 PM

LTC looks good Smiley  Shocked Shocked Shocked
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:18:30 PM

Just because it's rarer doesn't make it any better.
It's just another useless altcoin with lower numbers.

This.  Radioactive human feces are probably pretty rare too but they don't have much utility.

The nominal number of base units is largely irrelevant.  Bitcoin for example would have worked just as well with:
210K total BTC valued @ $10,000 ea today
2.1M total BTC valued @ $1,000 ea today
21M total BTC valued @ ~$100 ea today
210M total BTC valued @ ~$10 ea today
2.1B total BTC valued @ ~$1.00 ea today
21B total BTC valued @ ~$0.10 ea today
210 B total BTC valued @ ~$0.01 ea today

Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:29:21 PM

Bitcoin
First of all, sorry but I don't see Bitcoin being viable for everyday use by the average person, I don't see it being used to buy daily items like groceries, clothing, and to buy a quick coffee on the high street. You just cant stand at a till and wait 10 minutes for that first confirmation to go through,  before they pass you your cappuccino which is now cold!....and... sadly...'sooorry Sir/Madam, but we doown't dooo reeefunds, and you got no chance of getting one!',  (Damn.. why didn't I just pay in fiat).

On the other hand, given that Bitcoin is the Daddy of all alts, and will, or should, always be the front runner, I do see it as a means for banks, and companies, to transfer funds globally, quicker and 'much much' more efficiently than the current, labour intensive, extremely costly, time consuming method that is currently used. Also Bitcoin will prevail for online purchases, and to fund your gambling addiction  Wink

Litecoin
I do have my crystal ball in front of me  Smiley, and I see Litecoin, the coin used for settling bills, because it already has a large following and user base, quicker transactions, 2.5 minutes, and will be used, maybe while out at the local restaurant, or to pay your tab at a hotel you were staying..... Which you booked online with your Bitcoins.

An Ideal everyday use coin, would be which you will use at for example drivethrough, maybe like McDonalds or Burger king, or at a bar to buy drinks, and at the local supermarket, where every person in the queue behind you is hoping that you are 'not' a 'Bitcoiner', will have lightening fast confirmations, with transaction complete within a few seconds.

I see many coins trying to fit this description, and have been released lately, but the main selling point of a product, sadly, 'is the name'.
Who the hell wants to ask if they can pay in say, 'Feathercoin'.......'yes you can Sir, but do I get the whole chicken with that??'  Huh or so the list goes on. Nothing screams out. Maybe good ideas, but 'come on' get the name right first!

Bitbar

Killiz

Dont get involved with BitBar fellas... It was just another failed attempt to make another copy alt... The dev. was a troll as well who couldnt accept it failed but wouldnt do anything to further develop the coin.
The dev is not a troll, the developer is very active and is working hard on Bitbar. These are the last posts of the developer of Bitbar https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=126885;sa=showPosts

I think you are referring to whats his name again?.....the nameless one!....erm...yea,... Trucoin I think it is. Who in his/her strange little mind, bound by his/her delusions of grandeur, and many hours spent pondering/fantasizing over Bitbar, whilst either being held sectioned on a mental ward, or simply a schoolkid with some alter ego, only allowed access to the internet on a weekend, by reward for taking his/her medication, or doing his/her homework on time.

This fool brought down Bitbar to where it is now, too many gullible people listened to his/her/its rantings, and believed that the site he/her/it was portraying to be official, was clearly not, the official site is http://bitbar.biz

Anyway he/her/it has apparently left the forum after having given up on whatever mission the voices in his/her/its deluded mind were instructing him/her/it to do.
bailmeout

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:54:48 AM

None.
Tropical Rain

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:57:12 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246028.0