Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:46:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Posting Activity By Time" chart in Profile stats: incomplete data  (Read 4400 times)
gourmet (OP)

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:37:28 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 10:29:11 PM by gourmet

I can see only a part of my posts in the statistics chart of posting distribution in time on my profile page. Namely, there are no morning posts at all, and only some of the afternoon ones. (No, it has nothing to do with my timezone.) [edit]Does not depend on posting time. When I post in a topic that works, it does so in the morning too. Smiley[/edit]
Stats numbers are updated immediately, but the chart is not. [edit]The boards/topics that add to the chart do it immediately.[/edit]
Looks like some boards or threads aren't taken into account at all? Haven't found the logic yet...

[edit] Anyone with similar experience here?

[edit 2] 27 have read and still no reply. Looks like it's just me.

[edit 3] New posts still don't add to the graphical stats. They do, however, add to the numerical ones..
No one other than me can see such a strange behaviour? Really not?
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gourmet (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:08:07 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 10:20:04 PM by gourmet

I can see only a part of my posts in the statistics chart of posting distribution in time on my profile page. Namely, there are no morning posts at all, and only some of the afternoon ones. (No, it has nothing to do with my timezone.) [edit]Does not depend on posting time. When I post in a topic that works, it does so in the morning too. Smiley[/edit]
Stats numbers are updated immediately, but the chart is not. [edit]The boards/topics that add to the chart do it immediately.[/edit]
Looks like some boards or threads aren't taken into account at all? Haven't found the logic yet...

[edit 2] 27 >70 have read and still no reply. Looks like it's just me.

[edit 3] New posts still don't add to the graphical stats. They do, however, add to the numerical ones..

It looks like my posts to Mining/Pools/Slush's pool (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1976.0) do not add to the graphs. I'll check whether the other do, e.g. this one. :-)

[edit]:
Yes, it did.
Currently, 9 of my 51 posts are included in the graph.
But I can't find any logical dependence on the boards:

Pools          38
Newbies      10
Meta          2
Mining       1

Didn't find any way how to construct 9 from this... Smiley
gourmet (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:19:23 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2013, 08:49:00 AM by gourmet

[edit 2] 27 >70 have read and still no reply. Looks like it's just me.

It looks like my posts to Mining/Pools/Slush's pool (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1976.0) do not add to the graphs. I'll check whether the other do, e.g. this one. :-)

[edit]:
Yes, it did.
Currently, 9 of my 51 posts are included in the graph.
But I can't find any logical dependence on the boards:

Pools          38
Newbies      10
Meta          2
Mining       1

Didn't find any way how to construct 9 from this... Smiley

I've started to check each post for its adding to the chart.

20130623:
mining/pools - 2 posts - not added
meta - 3 posts - added
20130624:
mining/pools - 7 - no
newbies - 1- yes
meta - 1 - yes (this one) Smiley

[edit]
I've just checked one other member's stats.
He has 60 posts in 10 boards atm, 38 of them come into the Activity By Time chart.
Not very surprising, 22 of his posts are in Mining/Pools.

Conclusion:
Posts to Mining/Pools do not add to the chart.

[edit2]
In the light of Theymos' explanation below, I must correct my conclusion.
The bug had been depending on the topics, rather than boards. The right conclusion should have read:
Posts to Mining/Pools/Slush's pool do not add to the chart.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12983

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:03:20 AM

SMF bug. I fixed it.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
gourmet (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:32:38 AM

Thank you very much.
Has it been limited to Pools, or was it more general? All second-level boards?
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12983

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:53:53 AM

No. It was only counting the 10,000 most recent topics, which is a very stupid and arbitrary way of limiting the data to be looked at. And it's not a very slow query anyway, so I just made it look at all posts.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: