Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:31:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CBOE, CME Bitcoin Futures Details Released  (Read 166 times)
bitcoinveda (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:58:27 AM

Both the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) and the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) have released details on the upcoming futures trading for the cryptocurrency Bitcoin. CME had previously announced that its Bitcoin futures product would be available for trading on December 11.

CME’s website now simply says that Bitcoin futures will come sometime before the end of the year. In a similar statement, the CBOE released details regarding their intention to begin offering Bitcoin futures products under the ticker XBT.

While still under regulatory review, the CBOE blog contained specific details on the nature of the futures contracts. Unlike the CME contracts, CBOE contracts will be 1 BTC, and the tick will be set at $10.

According to the CBOE CFA Russell Rhoads: “The question I am constantly hearing is, “How will the futures prices relate to spot Bitcoin pricing,” and the best (and most honest) answer I can give is, “I don’t know.”. I’ve heard arguments for the futures trading at both a premium and a discount to the spot price, personally I think the best strategy is to see what the market tells us when Bitcoin futures are available for trading.”.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/cboe-cme-bitcoin-futures-details-released
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: