Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:25:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why crypto price down in January?  (Read 231 times)
MontgomeryHale

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:14:44 PM

There has been bad news from China and South Korea.
I'm so sad that bitcoin has fallen again today.
I lost a lot of money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:31:43 PM

We can really see that the month of January has been very resistance to bitcoin and I really think it is because of the many holidays that we had during the December to January but that is all I can say, maybe because some coins that are just a ponzi have turned the image of bitcoin to a laughing stock for new investors and many in the community have now the fear in a lot of cryptocurrency that can be a possible explanation that I can think about, But it is my own opinion.
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:58:46 PM

Possible reason is that the investors who bought bitcoin at a 10x lower price level last year are still profit taking and could last until March. They are those who have a goal of 1 year for their investment who had a target price of $10k+. The new starting point for 2018 is at $10k level and if good news come like the lightning network implementation and other big corporations utilizing crypto, exponential growth might continue.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:23:44 PM

The price of cryptocurrencies has been down the last three years in January. What is the reason for this regular dip?

I can't tell about the last 2 years, but this year, we have been suffering from a lot of FUD coming South Korea and then their the bitcoin future contracts expiration that has somewhat contributed to the price dipping further. Other says' because of the Chinese New year. Investor's cashing it out to celebrate that holiday.

Well its been a trend for the last 3 years but knowing bitcoin's volatile history, we can't really say for certain if this is a regular dip. Its almost end of the month, I hope things change for the better in February.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Cryptosaint$

Activity: 102
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:27:05 PM

The price of cryptocurrencies has been down the last three years in January. What is the reason for this regular dip?

No one really knows. But we can all love to speculate:)

My guess is just tax manipulations, and also with a ton of money being pulled out during the holidays definitely has some residual effect on the month of Jan.

Think about your own financial situation. Is Jan ever a massive spending month for anyone in the real world? Hell no! Everyone's pockets are suffering from the massive spending that just took place between Nov and Dec.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:33:18 PM

There has been bad news from China and South Korea.
I'm so sad that bitcoin has fallen again today.
I lost a lot of money.

Hey these are dead news buddy, Chinese banned in the end of November and straight next to South Korean government made the regulations on using bitcoins and banned ICO in the end of the last year. They have banned the trading site in this month that is only thing right in your answer.

Like last I see many regulations this year too but last February we all noticed the big bumps started from that time to end of November it was bumping more everytime.
jollyreti

Activity: 29
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:37:40 PM

Lot's of news have influenced crypto world, many countries have started to accept ot fight crypto world and this crypto field got very hyped in general.
BTCbengi

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:38:14 PM

The biggest market for crypto is China. And if I do not remember wrongly in January they have a very large holiday, that is the lunar new year. So almost everybody sells what they have to prepare for the festival. Perhaps that is the reason for the coin price cuts. Besides, almost everyone in the beginning of the year is very short of money, so they sell crypto, which makes the price drop.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 05:38:27 PM

If you are noticing the price movements in last 6 months then you will understand the reason behind the price fall. There was a huge rally in the price especially in the last quarter of last year, everyone was buying Bitcoin in a reckless manner but then big whales decided to liquidate their Bitcoin investment and as a part of correction Bitcoin price fell down. I am expecting this chaotic environment to remain like this at least for next couple of months but then we will see the sustainable increase in the price for the rest of the year.
Tinna25

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:40:28 PM

I see on the chart, at the beginning of the year bitcoin always correction. and by mid-year he will rise again .. and maybe for this year will be the same as the previous year. that's just my opinion
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: