Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:06:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: restore old acount  (Read 254 times)
GreenFirefly (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:02:52 PM

Trying to log with my old account I get:
>Sorry %username%, you are banned from using this forum!
>Your account is locked because it sat inactive for years after the password hashes were leaked in 2015, and was therefore at high risk of being hacked.

I sent mail to address react-vdnp8@theymos.e4ward.com without any response. I want my old account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:15:03 PM

You need to sign an address which you posted with that account, and send it to cyrus. Look at the sticky in meta for the guide. Don't expect a reply any time soon though, as loads of people are requesting the same thing so he likely has a backlog.
mitserdt

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:38:11 PM

You need to sign an address which you posted with that account, and send it to cyrus. Look at the sticky in meta for the guide. Don't expect a reply any time soon though, as loads of people are requesting the same thing so he likely has a backlog.
I've got the same issue. Really annoying that the message says to email, but not that this procedure is in place. I didn't couple my bitcoin address, so I've got no way to recover. Any suggestions on other ways of proving ownership? Btw. My email address never changed, shouldn't the database confirm this even after the hashes got stolen?
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:51:31 PM

I've got the same issue. Really annoying that the message says to email, but not that this procedure is in place. I didn't couple my bitcoin address, so I've got no way to recover. Any suggestions on other ways of proving ownership? Btw. My email address never changed, shouldn't the database confirm this even after the hashes got stolen?

If the hashes did get stolen, then they also know your email. Which, a lot of people use the same password for multiple websites, which means emails could of been compromised too. There isn't any other way to prove ownership other than signing an address.
mitserdt

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:09:37 PM

If the hashes did get stolen, then they also know your email. Which, a lot of people use the same password for multiple websites, which means emails could of been compromised too. There isn't any other way to prove ownership other than signing an address.

Ok, thank you for clarifying this for me. Than I'll just continue on this account.
GreenFirefly (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:23:07 AM

Look at the sticky in meta for the guide.
Sorry but where can I get this "meta"?
raysa

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:15:36 AM

Lol, here Recovering hacked accounts or accounts with lost passwords i have same problem, but i can't find my old address, so there is no way to get it back.

KEEP STRONG BRO, MESKI BUKAN SEDARAH TAPI KITA TETAP SAUDARA
#Duka Palu, Duka Indonesia
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:13:38 AM

Lol, here Recovering hacked accounts or accounts with lost passwords i have same problem, but i can't find my old address, so there is no way to get it back.
I can find it for you. Link me the profile of that account. I will look at it if there is a posted bitcoin address.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: