Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:55:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2 rookie questions] Ubuntu + Claymore's miner low intensity & reboot.sh?  (Read 172 times)
leetskeet (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:24:00 PM

Hi all,

I am new to mining and have (somewhat) successfully set up mining using Ubuntu + Claymore's miner software.

My rig uses 3 x AMD Raden RX570 4GB GPUs. Not overclocked yet.

I have some beginner questions that I would be very happy if some kind soul could shred some light on;  Wink

1)

It seems the workload on the GPUs are very low, with not very high temperatures and very low fan speeds.

Can I, and how how do I, increase mining intensity?

Currently it looks like this: GPU0 t=65C fan=14%, GPU1 t=69C fan=17%, GPU2 t=60C fan=14%

2)

After mining for an hour or so, mining suddenly stops and it returns error "not enough GPU memory to place DAG".

I am currently running Claymore's with the "-r 1" command and trying to figure out what to write in reboot.sh.

Is there anything I can write to just restart the mining software rather than rebooting the entire miner?

What do you put in your reboot.sh files?

All help much appreciated!  Cheesy

*** Note to admin: I previously posted the same question in another forum that I now realized is the wrong one. Please feel free to remove my old thread. ***

Regards,
A mining rookie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: