Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:26:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP SEND BITCOIN TO WALLET BITCOINCASH  (Read 521 times)
paulmst (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:46:22 PM

I need help, I use UPHOLD wallet and I wanted to buy an antminer s9 in the page of www.bitmain.com they told me a bitcoin cash wallet and when to pay and send the money to that bitcoin cash address, by mistake send bitcoin for 1450 dollars, and they could not confirm the payment. And now I do not know what to do?. where is my money. uphold gave me a blockchain confirmation address and the transfer appears but as (not spent) but neither bitmain.com nor uphold has given me a reply. I did this on Friday, November 17 and today, Monday, November 20, I have not received a response. What should I do? they can help me, they are 1450 dollars and I do not want to lose them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:17:48 PM

I need help, I use UPHOLD wallet and I wanted to buy an antminer s9 in the page of www.bitmain.com they told me a bitcoin cash wallet and when to pay and send the money to that bitcoin cash address, by mistake send bitcoin for 1450 dollars, and they could not confirm the payment. And now I do not know what to do?. where is my money. uphold gave me a blockchain confirmation address and the transfer appears but as (not spent) but neither bitmain.com nor uphold has given me a reply. I did this on Friday, November 17 and today, Monday, November 20, I have not received a response. What should I do? they can help me, they are 1450 dollars and I do not want to lose them.

So the problems is that you sent BTC (Bitcoin) to a BCH (Bitcoin Cash) address?

Well, on that case... you may be out of luck. I don't know exactly what happens when someone does that, but I guess that you sent the money into an address that doesn't exist in the BTC chain, and I don't really know the effect of doing that.

Im asking achow which probably know this: If you generate a BCH address, and send BTC on this address, since the generation and format of the address are the same... wouldn't this be a valid BTC address? so the result would be that he sent it to an address that nobody controls? Im not really sure, but I have heard endless stories of noobs lossing their money by sending BTC to BCH addresses and reverse, and im not sure if they were able to recover their money. This is another reason BCH is scammy, they didn't even bother creating their own address format.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:20:43 PM

Well, on that case... you may be out of luck. I don't know exactly what happens when someone does that, but I guess that you sent the money into an address that doesn't exist in the BTC chain, and I don't really know the effect of doing that.

Im asking achow which probably know this: If you generate a BCH address, and send BTC on this address, since the generation and format of the address are the same... wouldn't this be a valid BTC address? so the result would be that he sent it to an address that nobody controls? Im not really sure, but I have heard endless stories of noobs lossing their money by sending BTC to BCH addresses and reverse, and im not sure if they were able to recover their money. This is another reason BCH is scammy, they didn't even bother creating their own address format.

Yes, the adress will be valid on both chains, unless you generated a bitcoin segwit adress,  and send bitcon cash to it, which is not the case here. (Bitcoin Cash doesn't use segwit =/= isn't compatible. )

If i understand correctly, OP sent 1450$ BTC to a Bitmain BTCCash adress.

If bitmain controls their own private keys ( which i assume they do ), they will have access to the bitcoin you sent them. Open a support ticket and see if they are willing to help you.

They're the only way to get your money back.

jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:09:21 PM

If you sent it to bitmain as BTC and not BCH, contact bitmain to let them know, as they will be in control of the private keys to that address, which is the same on both chains.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:35:19 PM

Yes, the adress will be valid on both chains, unless you generated a bitcoin segwit adress,  and send bitcon cash to it, which is not the case here. (Bitcoin Cash doesn't use segwit =/= isn't compatible. )

If bitmain controls their own private keys ( which i assume they do ), they will have access to the bitcoin you sent them. Open a support ticket and see if they are willing to help you.

But how can Antpool have these bitcoins if they never generated that receiving address?

If you generate a receiving address in the Bitcoin Cash chain, this address, even if exact in format to the real Bitcoin chain, it's not sitting on the same chain isn't it?

Even if he could export this key into a real Bitcoin wallet, the transaction would have never happened on the real Bitcoin chain so the funds for it would be 0... correct me if im wrong.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:00:14 PM

But how can Antpool have these bitcoins if they never generated that receiving address?

If you generate a receiving address in the Bitcoin Cash chain, this address, even if exact in format to the real Bitcoin chain, it's not sitting on the same chain isn't it?

Even if he could export this key into a real Bitcoin wallet, the transaction would have never happened on the real Bitcoin chain so the funds for it would be 0... correct me if im wrong.

The private key generates the same address on both chains so if you control the private key on one chain, you control it on the other. (Somewhat simplified).

AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:01:39 PM

You're indeed wrong, as how i understand it:

The adress + privat key formats are exactly the same, which means they will also refer to the same ( private ) keys.

Therefore, an adress generated on chain X ( bitcoin cash) with private keys X will have the same private keys as on Chain Y ( "OG" Bitcoin chain ).

It doesn't matter if they're on the same chain or not, the adress will still be valid.

My explanation is a bit sluggish. Not sure how to improve it..

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:14:35 PM

You're indeed wrong, as how i understand it:

The adress + privat key formats are exactly the same, which means they will also refer to the same ( private ) keys.

Therefore, an adress generated on chain X ( bitcoin cash) with private keys X will have the same private keys as on Chain Y ( "OG" Bitcoin chain ).

It doesn't matter if they're on the same chain or not, the adress will still be valid.

My explanation is a bit sluggish. Not sure how to improve it..

Yes, I can understand that, but what I cannot understand is the following:

I am Bitmain, accepting BCH only transactions for Antminers.

I create receiving addresses on my BCH wallet.

OP sends me 1 BTC to buy an Antminer by mistake, from his Bitcoin wallet.

This transaction happens thought the Bitcoin blockchain, which means it never happened in the BCash blockchain.

How can Bitmain access that 1 BTC? Can he import his BCH recieving address on a BTC wallet and access it?

I don't get it, it would have needed to be broadcasted on both blockchains for you to access them. If you could access them on both then you could double spend.

Im missing something here.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:20:34 PM

I don't get it, it would have needed to be broadcasted on both blockchains for you to access them. If you could access them on both then you could double spend.

Im missing something here.
What you're missing is that even though the transaction is not valid on both chains, the address is still valid on both chains.

If you are BITMAIN, you receive 1 BTC to an address generated by a BCH wallet.  Because BTC and BCH use the same addresses and private keys, the address and private key generated are valid on both chains.

Therefore, you can export the private key to a BTC wallet and spend from there.

An exception to this is if a BCH user sends to a BTC address which is not valid on the BCH chain (for example, sending to a SegWit address). 
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:26:26 PM

Can he import his BCH recieving address on a BTC wallet and access it?

Yes.

More specifically, Bitmain can import into a BTC wallet the private key that is associated with the BCH receiving address. If they do that, then the BTC wallet will generate the same address from that private key and will be able to access the bitcoins that were sent to that address.
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:06:53 AM

Can he import his BCH recieving address on a BTC wallet and access it?

Yes.

More specifically, Bitmain can import into a BTC wallet the private key that is associated with the BCH receiving address. If they do that, then the BTC wallet will generate the same address from that private key and will be able to access the bitcoins that were sent to that address.

That's what I said above, the private keys are the same on both chains.
watata1

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:30:43 AM

I curious about something to know how to direct the load to get inside MyEhterwallet . i'm done already create MyEhttherwallet i supposed to know how to get in my wallet. i'm new i want to explore my knowledge here . that you .  Smiley Smiley
paulmst (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:08:34 PM

hello again, sorry for the absence, I had family mishaps. I use the wallet of uphold.com and I have my money in bitcoin cash, and by sending bitcoin cash to the bitmain wallet that receives bitcoin cash. Use the option of sending money that says (amount) that according to what I understood, I put the amount of dollars and the towards the conversion to bitcoin cash and sent the money. The fact is that if he does the corversion but sends it in bitcoin. They give me some directions to follow up, which are these:

ID DE LA TRANSACCIÓN EN RESERVECHAIN

ed6fdc73-796d-48a7-881f-b8307188594f
Transacción llevada a cabo utilizando Uphold Android Wallet
¿Necesitas ayuda con esta transacción?
View sources
BLOCKCHAIN TRANSACTION ID

322855dabca7f30e3389d5a1f22426cc06c68c6dfe7bc8b4ecd27b30e817f2d2

The problem is that I do not understand what he says. and the same bitcoin cash wallet accepts bitcoin, that's the problem and it did not give me an error. I think that I lost my money 1450 dollars. How can I explain to Bitmain and uphold the case? I hope I can solve it but I do not have much hope.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: