Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:29:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin loses all its value what will happen to altcoins ?  (Read 1307 times)
cryptolerant

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:24:13 AM

If bitcoin losses and their value most bitcoin holder will be sad but most some other altcoin have a chance to high their value in crypto currency cause some of bitcoin holder will change it to altcoins.

Up till now I was thinking that there is correlation between bitcoin and alt coins, if bitcoin falls then alt coins was also falling but last month we observe that dynamics are changing. Despite bitcoin was falling, some of the strong coins was increasing very fast.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blondy12

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:31:36 AM

If bitcoins collapse then so as altcoins because most investors believes the potentials of bitcoins as the mother of all coins. Who else will still invest in crypto-currencies if the mother of it collaspe? Probably no one. On the other hand, if bitcoin price went down then some of the altcoin price gone up.
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:45:17 PM

there are different opinions...some say that altcoins are completely dependent on bitcoin and in that case they will fail...I believe that altcoins live their own lives...
Dxdiax26

Activity: 267

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:36:26 PM

If bitcoin loses all its value, what will happen to altcoin? if in my opinion Altcoin is not totally dependent on Bitcoin, in fact, Altcoins will be much better than Bitcoin if we see from fact in terms of cost, speed in sending etc. Altcoin is superior so I think the Altcoin price will continue to be in its path. And if for example Bitcoin is destroyed then there will be instead I think Ethereum will be his successor.
Novgabby

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:54:26 PM

If bitcoin loses its value, altcoin will take over since many people uses altcoin
kensaii

Activity: 396
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:14:04 PM

Do you think altcoins can survive without bitcoin leading the way ?
will the bitcoiners that lose faith go into altcoins or will they
just cash out and take profits ?

I personally see this altcoin growth going hand in hand with the growth of bitcoin
even though some of the altcoins already offer some exciting new possibilities

No, I don't see how could altcoin survive if things go wrong for bitcoin.
GiorgosK (OP)

Activity: 478
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 07:09:28 AM

I personally see this altcoin growth going hand in hand with the growth of bitcoin

No, I don't see how could altcoin survive if things go wrong for bitcoin.

Bitcoin dominance has fallen to just at around 33-37% in the last 2-3 months
and the strength of alternative chains goes up so I see lots of support for altcoins
which means if Bitcoin value decreases overtime the altcoins will probably get more investors' attention

BitBay - The Future of Free Markets  |  BCT thread  |  https://bitbay.market
Dynamic Peg  - Whitepaper out  -  Working implementation to be released soon
Web Markeplace coming Fall 2018
arpaul

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:59:17 AM

I think that we all have to agree that cryptocurrencies is the future. No matter what is going to happen to the bitcoin and the rest of cryptocurrency, new altcoins will never stop appearing.
tolla123

Activity: 207
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:03:45 AM

In what case can BTC loose its value?
BTCwin1

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:09:19 AM

If the value of bitcoin falls sharply, the entire cryptocurrency market will fall, as has been the case in the past.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
GiorgosK (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 07:17:43 AM

If the value of bitcoin falls sharply, the entire cryptocurrency market will fall, as has been the case in the past.
The BTC dominance gets lower slowly for the last 3-4 months
so there might be a point where it actually loses its 1st position and
then the BTC price ups and downs will not matter much

dongyi17

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:45:54 AM

I think there's no way bitcoin will loses its value, as we all know what bitcoin really is, although its price is fluctuating and sometimes unpredictable but still bitcoin is bitcoin, however when it happen I guess the same thing happen to all other coin such as altcoins when one loses its value so is the other not unless there is something going outside bitcoin world that can help generate altcoins to use without bitcoin

jaggijagjit

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 07:52:12 AM

If bitcoin loses all its value it means that satoshi value goes to zero and then automatically altcoins also have no value because all altcoins have value in satoshi.

▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄ ▀    GORECRUIT    ▀ ▄ ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀
▬▬   ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR HR BASED ON BLOCKCHAIN   ▬▬
Whitepaper   Telegram   [  Pre-Sale 》 24th October  ]   Facebook   Twitter
gracer88

Activity: 378

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:17:33 AM

No, all the same bitcoin is the basis. Although the technology of bitcoin with its expensive and long transactions I do not like. Now there are many more progressive coins with fast and cheap transactions.

Nana_Marini

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:22:43 AM

I think that if bitcoin loses, the price of altcoin will increase. It is general situation for the cryptocurrency. Be patient if we have many bitcoins now because the price is low  Roll Eyes
NoSkyLimit

Activity: 171
Merit: 50

Crypto will save my kids!

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:05:43 PM

well if bitcoin goes back under 5k$ then we gonna see the biggest panic createad for the cryptos and people will start selling at the lowest prices. When market is crashing , better have some cash stored for this type of thing and buy all you can afford.

▐▀   ▄▀▄  █▄  █ █  █  ▀▌         Games        ANYONE        Bitcointalk              ▐▀   ▄▀▄  █▄  █ █  █  ▀▌
▐    █▄█  █ ▀▄█ ▀▄▄▀   ▌      Referral      Investment      Discord  |  Github       ▐    █▄█  █ ▀▄█ ▀▄▄▀   ▌
▐▄  █   █ █   █ ▄▄▀   ▄▌     Dividents       Platform       Twitter  |  Telegram     ▐▄  █   █ █   █ ▄▄▀   ▄▌
goodvibes05

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:05:19 AM

if bitcon loses its value well I guess alcoin will do the same. It will also lose its value same as satoshi and any other coin. And not only that, many businessess that involves in cryptocurrency will be bankrupt and investor will also lose their business. Many people will also be affected.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
GiorgosK (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 10:10:27 PM

I think that if bitcoin loses, the price of altcoin will increase. It is general situation for the cryptocurrency. Be patient if we have many bitcoins now because the price is low  Roll Eyes

I think this is what is happening for the last 2-3 months

valeru.aver

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:28:44 PM

I think that this will also affect the altcoins, especially the altocoins, who do not have good support. If you look at currency rates now, you will notice that bitcoin falls, and he pulled down all the altcoins, even the etherium.
poketis22

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:41:07 PM

I think that one will not die bitcoin, bitcoin, but I think I will never lose my price. Perhaps bitcoin will not always cost so much, but no one will give it away for free either. It's my opinion!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: