Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:55:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only one this unlucky during my entry into investments and crypto?  (Read 1448 times)
RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:24:38 PM

If you ignore the short-term fluctuations, you're going to get a lot of money, and if you keep looking at the short-term fluctuations, you won't be able to make money.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:47:41 PM

Hello!!!! it's not the end of the world, never give up, when the time comes your going to be lucky just be patient and I suggest just use the long-term investment maybe you will get more money to it. Your not the only unlucky in this world, so cheer up friend. On the last month, I was so unlucky too, I lost my money and now I'm starting over again and hopefully to recover.
I do not think this is about luck this is about lacking patience, we need to hold that is the easiest strategy and it does not need any fancy skills, the only thing you need to do is to trust bitcoin is going to remain here for a long time and you will make a lot of money by just following that belief.
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:55:25 PM

I would like to hear some unlucky stories of people to give myself hope and not just disappointment. Any stories where you got in and lost money and later came back up?

So after a bit of research and all, i start with 1 eth and around that time, the price was 329. I joined binance, i am a noob so i put in just 0.3 eth for learning. I sold 0.1 eth at 331 when that was the highest price for the day, i felt good and bought back a bit cheaper. I did it again, but the price this time kept going up. So I couldnt sell, i had 0.10 more, so i sold it at 334.5 when the highest price that day was like 35.6. I had kept 0.05 eth just for saving, and bought bnb for 0.05 eth. So I needed to buy back 0.2 eth but the price hit 350 that day  and then kept going on. Losing opportunities when price was getting higher felt shitty, but i saw bch fell down to 1155, so i bought it. As soon as I got it, it fell down till 130 or lower lol. I didnt want to sell at lower than what i got it at, so i waited till it got back to 1155, and sold at 1156. The moment I sold, the price spiked and went up to 1180 and quickly to 1999, i remember seeing it at 1300 so i bought it quickly thinking i will still have profit. But when i got done buying at 1199, it went down to 1170 and stayed that way  for the whole day. Earlier today, I managed  to sell it when bch hit 1250, and then i bought back almost the same amount at 1230.  I had a small gain but I was happy and learning. But then, tether had to fuck up shit and everything went down. I panicked. In the end, i ended up converting the bch to eth at a loss, from 0.2 eth worth to 0.18 eth, then sold eth as well thinking it will go down more, would be better to buy at lower. But no in few hours the price slowly started getting back, and I fucked up. I had to buy back at more than what I sold at. I also had invested 0.7 eth into tokens, there was QSP, the price at which it was bought was like 0.00020 eth, and sold it at 0.00021 before it got even lower. I had invested 0.2eth into this to see and just when it came to market, it fucked shit up, i sold the eth from it too. I also had bought cindicator tokens for 0.2 eth, i sold those too, thinking the price is going dowwn I will buy back later, i sold it for 0.18 eth. Basically this shit completely tilted me, and while I learned a lot from this experience, makes me want to just feel so fucking unlucky. Do I still have hope?>
Dude, if you’re just starting, there’s really no reason to quit. You’re not unlucky. Trading is more of a skill than luck. And you may have not yet gained those skills for you to gain as to your expectation. If you quit, then you won’t be able to get those skills. Failures are part of learning. And learning from our failures will make us better with what we are doing. So keep on trading! Just keep in mind to invest only what you can afford to lose.

May the skills be with you!!!

kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:57:16 PM

Basically this shit completely tilted me, and while I learned a lot from this experience, makes me want to just feel so fucking unlucky. Do I still have hope?>

Don't give up, most of us here experienced it, you are not alone bud.

Lol stop doing daytrades.

Buy and hold for weeks or months or even years and you ll see more profit.

Maybe he want to earn daily profits, well everybody does. But you have a point as it goes well for me too, holding a little while and earning decently.
Barbarian

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:18:50 PM

If you ignore the short-term fluctuations, you're going to get a lot of money, and if you keep looking at the short-term fluctuations, you won't be able to make money.
I agree, people concentrate too much on the fluctuations that happen in the short term instead of just looking at things from a long term perspective and this is what makes them lose money since they are always making mistakes by taking rushed decisions.
popolite11

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:10:56 PM

The best path for newcomer is to have a deal with stable, well-known currencies. My advice is to keep such currencies as Ripple, Ethereum. These are the best ones. Also it is good to buy Waves, Dash and maybe NEO.
skymia

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 03:16:46 PM

New coin with great potentials, coming very soon to the exchange! Do your own research, study your own investment! Good luck,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2753447.0

Discordapp.com/invite/fQcYvkh ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤ Folding@Home ❤ MEDIC coin
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:19:23 PM

never buy and sell on the same day, the coin price will not change that fast, the right thing is, buy altcoin on the price that is falling, and hold it until the price has made you profit, you can decide yourself want to how high the price of coin the new ride you sell, because we do not know when the coin will fall again

zackthemack

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:21:41 PM

i learned that the key for success is really to hold. forget to trade on short term. long term is always better
Barbarian

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:20:54 PM

The best path for newcomer is to have a deal with stable, well-known currencies. My advice is to keep such currencies as Ripple, Ethereum. These are the best ones. Also it is good to buy Waves, Dash and maybe NEO.
That is the safest path but it is not the path that gives the most profits and most people joining cryptocurrencies for the first time do so in an attempt to make as much money in the shortest time possible an that is why they take bad decisions and invest in the wrong coins at the wrong time.
Lonego104

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:27:21 AM

I would like to hear some unlucky stories of people to give myself hope and not just disappointment. Any stories where you got in and lost money and later came back up?

So after a bit of research and all, i start with 1 eth and around that time, the price was 329. I joined binance, i am a noob so i put in just 0.3 eth for learning. I sold 0.1 eth at 331 when that was the highest price for the day, i felt good and bought back a bit cheaper. I did it again, but the price this time kept going up. So I couldnt sell, i had 0.10 more, so i sold it at 334.5 when the highest price that day was like 35.6. I had kept 0.05 eth just for saving, and bought bnb for 0.05 eth. So I needed to buy back 0.2 eth but the price hit 350 that day  and then kept going on. Losing opportunities when price was getting higher felt shitty, but i saw bch fell down to 1155, so i bought it. As soon as I got it, it fell down till 130 or lower lol. I didnt want to sell at lower than what i got it at, so i waited till it got back to 1155, and sold at 1156. The moment I sold, the price spiked and went up to 1180 and quickly to 1999, i remember seeing it at 1300 so i bought it quickly thinking i will still have profit. But when i got done buying at 1199, it went down to 1170 and stayed that way  for the whole day. Earlier today, I managed  to sell it when bch hit 1250, and then i bought back almost the same amount at 1230.  I had a small gain but I was happy and learning. But then, tether had to fuck up shit and everything went down. I panicked. In the end, i ended up converting the bch to eth at a loss, from 0.2 eth worth to 0.18 eth, then sold eth as well thinking it will go down more, would be better to buy at lower. But no in few hours the price slowly started getting back, and I fucked up. I had to buy back at more than what I sold at. I also had invested 0.7 eth into tokens, there was QSP, the price at which it was bought was like 0.00020 eth, and sold it at 0.00021 before it got even lower. I had invested 0.2eth into this to see and just when it came to market, it fucked shit up, i sold the eth from it too. I also had bought cindicator tokens for 0.2 eth, i sold those too, thinking the price is going dowwn I will buy back later, i sold it for 0.18 eth. Basically this shit completely tilted me, and while I learned a lot from this experience, makes me want to just feel so fucking unlucky. Do I still have hope?>

You are not unlucky you just don't know the proper trading of entry and exit. You should not blame the coins, you are the one responsible for clicking the transaction. The important aspect of trading is knowing the resistance and support line. You already know the fundamentals of coins by researching the next step should be the technical analysis of the coins. One helpful tool also is the Fibonacci retracement here's one example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LznyjkxqrDc. There are lot's of tutorial in Youtube look by yourself.
Cipherr

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:14:33 AM

This was painful to read because I did the same thing when I was new. Overtrading when the real game is to hold.

Think about it. That $329 the OP spent on 1ETH is $1100 or more today just for holding on to it for a couple of months.

Its crazy to bother day trading, just accumulate.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:31:21 AM

I think you need to go back to basic and learn again the trading analysis before start trade again, everyone ever make a mistake in trading, and this could the lesson for you to learn more, stop stressing yourself with daytrade and don't buy the coin because it's cheap, buy it because it has potential

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
FroyoBoy

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:34:50 AM

No you aren't. Every coin was going crazy and exactly the day when i invested the market crashed.
Tuare aget

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:37:03 AM

Lol stop doing daytrades.

Buy and hold for weeks or months or even years and you ll see more profit.

Totally agree! Personally, I'm not all for short term investments, I prefer the longer investments, they are more profitable imo.

Short is also profitable. I can take your point because short trade is more dangerous and risk.
For newbie is not recommended to do day trade because it needs skill and mentality. Not greedy and patient waiting moment is the key.
Adam_Smith

Activity: 89
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:09:28 PM

You're not the only one. My friends, who started 3 years ago, have made good progress. And I've spent a lot of time since October and still no profit. Every day I am pleased that there is no fast money in this world.

anshk

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:46:15 AM

May be he want to earn daily profits, well everybody does. But you have a point as it goes well for me too, holding a little while and earning decently.
VenturaBro

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:52:21 AM

As much as everyone wants to have invested as early as possible, it's still never too late to get into crypto.

You just have to think about the long term, easier said than done, I know but yeah...
padcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:09:14 PM

You are not alone, among a few colleagues I'm the one who earned the less, evrything I do is mistake, when i earned 4000$ my colleagues earned between 30K and 60K, just want to quit
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:16:11 PM

Its always seems like that,when you join the space and you did not take the rigth step,in terms of your approach to issues,
But with consistency, you will earn real big.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: