Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:32:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 11:44:45 AM

Currently the biggest player in the field is Steemit platform and it will be very hard to compete them. Is your long term plan to take them down or to be No.2 Decentralized Social Network?? Second option is more realistic.

Hello and Thank you for your responses and interest in Sphere.

We plan to focus on our own platform rather than "taking out" the competition. We're not trying to push old-style networks like Facebook and Twitter out of business.  Decentralized social networks are unquestionably better, but at the moment there's room for us all, and lots of overlap in users.

We have significantly different features from Steemit, which is more blog-based.  Sphere's social network will let users create groups to share interests, create campaigns and we are planning a marketplace that will use our Social Activity Tokens (SAT). We will implement new ideas suggested by our community and will constantly improve features to attract more users.

Right now we have an overwhelming amount of positive feedback. People are loving the project. They are looking forward to its success.

Telling you will push facebook and twitter out of business would probably make people don't trust you.

But I agree with you, there is a big market and plenty of room.

He specifically said they are NOT trying to push out Twitter and Facebook.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:45:56 AM

Am I not the only one who thinks this is looking like datum/soma hybrid right?

It has social media with marketplace also you can sell or protect your data. Which can really work by the way.

That's a good point.. Combining services in 1 platform is always better imo. Although datum and soma are very nice products as well.
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:51:08 AM

It has social media with marketplace also you can sell or protect your data. Which can really work by the way.

That's a good point.. Combining services in 1 platform is always better imo. Although datum and soma are very nice products as well.

I love datum and hoping a great profit there but soma is an unknown. It can be great but it can be a total disaster too. Still, social media is a huge area so there is plenty of room for every project.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:57:15 AM

I love datum and hoping a great profit there but soma is an unknown. It can be great but it can be a total disaster too. Still, social media is a huge area so there is plenty of room for every project.
I think soma is no competition for sphere. I haven't heard that much about soma recently but datum in combination with this ICO could be very profitable for investors.

imtiazmahmood

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:03:53 PM

very interested project i joined this part of my bright future with sphere. this project will be on top project. everyone should join this project.
viljy

Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:27:13 PM

If you compare with Soma, you can see that they are not interested in their token after ICO. Token is not traded anywhere and is not even added to the ED list. On yobit trades are not present as the token does not get on balance, and probably this problem forever. And how does Sphere plan to deal with its token after the ICO? Will the token be added to the exchanges, and in what time frame?
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:30:29 PM

I think soma is no competition for sphere. I haven't heard that much about soma recently but datum in combination with this ICO could be very profitable for investors.

But isn't sphere more about protecting your date instead of selling them?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 12:31:42 PM

in my opinion the best solution is to combine the two aspects in a project  the social part  and the marketing part, the token i not believe it has any active role in the project but must be purchased for the increasing value over time,and to support the team in the development of the idea
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:32:00 PM

yeah sphere does have some of the same features that datum has

loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:35:12 PM

I thought that sphere was a different kind of product focused on security. I'm not sure they are real competition.
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 01:02:55 PM

hi team, wanted to clarify abount blockhain utility in this project. You plan to use blockchain for every transaction in the social network or just for payment transactions? On which blockchain it will work?

Altcoinrusher

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:04:03 PM

very interested project i joined this part of my bright future with sphere. this project will be on top project. everyone should join this project.

With this in mind, I'm hopefull it will make its userbase much bigger in the  coming months.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:09:48 PM

If you compare with Soma, you can see that they are not interested in their token after ICO. Token is not traded anywhere and is not even added to the ED list. On yobit trades are not present as the token does not get on balance, and probably this problem forever. And how does Sphere plan to deal with its token after the ICO? Will the token be added to the exchanges, and in what time frame?

yes its really shitty whats happening to soma, since it was a good ico but the devs dropped the token so fast imo. dunno if they will regain it. good that i only invested a very little amount...

hope this will not happen here Smiley
BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 01:25:59 PM

Hi Devs, I like the fact that the app is only 4+mb in Android platform. I am sure there'll be more work put in to the platform. Right now, I am impressed with the load speed while not to impressed with the interface.

UI is something that can be fixed later. Maybe even hire some external UX guys. The underlying tech is way more important.
It might be fixed later but that could be done before presenting aplication in ann thread

I like Social networking on blockchain idea because that will lower cenzorship levels sadly there isnt good social networks projects for now ,maybe this will change this Cheesy i will try to follow progress

I didn't even realize they already had an app available. I'll check it out.

Another cool feature I found on their website is Sphere debit card, which allows you to spend SAT's in any shop that accepts card payments!
This is such a great thing to incentivize users to get on board and it will create a good amount of hype.

Seriously? A debit card? Also didn't know about it. That's some expansion from traditional social networks. It's one more option to use SATs then, very comfortable.

If there is a debit card tied to tokens, this is a huge advantage. Such an opportunity will uniquely make this social network popular.
And this will increase the value of tokens.

Yes, you are absolutely right, it will greatly increase the value of tokens. I have never met such an idea anywhere before.
The guys did a good job.
It is really so! The ability to withdraw money anywhere in the world, it's cool!
The more I learn about this platform the more I like it.

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:34:14 PM

I thought that sphere was a different kind of product focused on security. I'm not sure they are real competition.
I also got this idea so far, so I am quite wondering because it's talked about selling your data.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:43:04 PM

I also got this idea so far, so I am quite wondering because it's talked about selling your data.

I was thinking about sell or keep your data.

If you want to keep your data and no-one will sell it. Or you can sell it for a price and make some buck for it. That was what i get.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:57:02 PM

how they will use tokens here? What liquidity of tokens?
Apparently their tokens will not have use directly connection to the network, although that would be genius, their valorization will be given independently to the activities, if I am not mistaken. The concept of the project is good, and although there are others already active, Sphere already has a certain reputation and many sympathizers, which will do well to ICO

If this is true, than how will the tokens keep their value after ICO? There has got to be incentive to keep or buy the tokens?

belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:15:29 PM

Apparently their tokens will not have use directly connection to the network, although that would be genius, their valorization will be given independently to the activities, if I am not mistaken. The concept of the project is good, and although there are others already active, Sphere already has a certain reputation and many sympathizers, which will do well to ICO

If this is true, than how will the tokens keep their value after ICO? There has got to be incentive to keep or buy the tokens?

I still wait for an official statement from Time on the channels, but that's just my impression, because I do not think anything documented that cites such a relationship with the tokens. Some projects only work with the dividend incentives and this would be good
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:55:46 PM

I still wait for an official statement from Time on the channels, but that's just my impression, because I do not think anything documented that cites such a relationship with the tokens. Some projects only work with the dividend incentives and this would be good

I didnt know Sphere is working with dividends. That makes sense though and also giving a lot of value to their token

sge99

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 04:04:58 PM

I didnt know Sphere is working with dividends. That makes sense though and also giving a lot of value to their token

Sphere don't pay dividends afaik, at least I haven't read anything in their whitepaper about it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: