Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:12:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
Sphere_Official (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 12:48:22 AM

Would like to get involved but it won't let me log into the app with the account I created on the website. Tens of other users experiencing the same issues on google play as well. Any idea what's going on with that?

Thanks.

Your wallet/backoffice credentials are not the same with the app credentials. Have you created an account on the app?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KryptoTark

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:03:40 AM

The idea of having a decentralized social network seems somewhat weird to me, but I am sure that it will turn out to be great!

Yeah. Its a new paradigm in social networking platform, and Im very optimistic that it will be successful in the near future.

I think it is something innovative and therefore can make a dent in the market as social networks there are many but not like this.

It surely will as this kind of  project has never been done before, we definitely dont know what impact it will bring to every netizens.

IT will be cool to see if netizens understand the value of this concept. Most people from 2000 and after don't even know privacy and give up all their info to Facebook without a second thought or, most importantly, care

Indeed, The younger generations are being brainwashed hard, they spend so much time in their fantasies, constantly staring at the glass screen and only surrounding themselves with their own fluffy pink unicorn lifestyle..  I'm in mid twentys myself but what I can see with my eyes is just madness.

But you know what they say, if there's demand there will be supply. And there's would be a lot of demand, if all these bots could get some awareness about the reality of things.

The community itself has to start spreading, tell your friends, family coworcers etc.  A bit early for that  in this phase, but I'm sure devs will come up with some great incentives for the community when the time is right!

premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:25:10 AM

The idea of having a decentralized social network seems somewhat weird to me, but I am sure that it will turn out to be great!

Yeah. Its a new paradigm in social networking platform, and Im very optimistic that it will be successful in the near future.

I think it is something innovative and therefore can make a dent in the market as social networks there are many but not like this.

It surely will as this kind of  project has never been done before, we definitely dont know what impact it will bring to every netizens.

IT will be cool to see if netizens understand the value of this concept. Most people from 2000 and after don't even know privacy and give up all their info to Facebook without a second thought or, most importantly, care

Indeed, The younger generations are being brainwashed hard, they spend so much time in their fantasies, constantly staring at the glass screen and only surrounding themselves with their own fluffy pink unicorn lifestyle..  I'm in mid twentys myself but what I can see with my eyes is just madness.

But you know what they say, if there's demand there will be supply. And there's would be a lot of demand, if all these bots could get some awareness about the reality of things.

The community itself has to start spreading, tell your friends, family coworcers etc.  A bit early for that  in this phase, but I'm sure devs will come up with some great incentives for the community when the time is right!

They born in a world with zero privacy also they didn't learn why is privacy important. They don't care it, they just want to be in latest hype.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:27:31 AM

What will happen to the unsold tokens? Will they be burned or you guys have some other plans?
BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 05:30:34 AM

Why strange? The idea is good. No one will enter censorship. There will be freedom of speech. People calmly, without fear, will discuss issues that concern them!

KryptoTark

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:34:23 AM

Why strange? The idea is good. No one will enter censorship. There will be freedom of speech. People calmly, without fear, will discuss issues that concern them!

Totally agree with atom here. in todays world, there's the right opinion and then there's the wrong opinion. The right opinion is what all the liberal progressive politically correct, but thourougly corrupted politicians preach. Which in reality is created exactly for suppressing different opinons and to limit freedom of speech.

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:36:10 AM

Yes, but on the other side, how will this look like? I mean, are all data which are there stored on a blockchain? Will someone moderate this social media? Because what is with topics which are not really so nice, people whith racistic background or stuff? Could this be a darknet 2?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Yasemin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:40:57 AM

There are similarities with Datum I knew this before, but after watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=82&v=tXmpURw0cIo
I think its almost the same sales pitch as Datum.

Can someone explain what makes Sphere different than Datum?

datum = you sell your data to buyers
sphere = you have a social place where you are in control of your data, afaik not selling anything and not giving anything away

You made the difference very clear, thank you. But if you watch the video, it is talking about disrupting the market. How will it do that if they dont sell data?

deescrid

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:44:59 AM

Will someone moderate this social media? Because what is with topics which are not really so nice, people whith racistic background or stuff? Could this be a darknet 2?

Why not moderate it yourself?

You know, that strange old idea of if you don't like something, don't look at it?

Do you have to have someone else deciding what you can or can't look at on social media?
multinova

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 06:53:13 AM

How much in dividends Ill get? Dividends will be paid in ETH or SAt tokens? Weekly, monthly.. or?
There will be a dividends in sphere? I didn't know that

Yes, they will have dividends. Read this

There are several benefits you can get from owning SAT tokens. These are as follows:

You Can Use Them For Social Interactions
That’s because it is the SAT token that the Sphere decentralized system uses to facilitate transactions.

The Token Is ERC20 Compliant
This means that you can use these tokens to earn dividends as Sphere grows in value.

But I want to know detail about dividents  Huh

Yes, I asked this already before. I am wondering how they calculate the dividents and if they pay them in ETH or SAT. Hopefully, someone from their team can answer our questions.

Hello!  There’s been a lot of talk about dividends on the thread.  We’d like to thank you for bringing this to our attention, because our marketing team actually used the wrong word.  “Dividends” is not in our white paper, but it was on our website.  This was a serious error on our part and that word has been removed and replaced with “rewards”.   We apologize deeply for the confusion.

As for the questions about how SAT will be utilized on our platform for profit, we have plans to have users spend SAT as a currency within our network. We will incentivize the use of SAT in many ways, including the marketplace to trade tokens for goods or services, paying users micro-transactions for ad clicks, and various types of social connections.

Users will also have the choice of remaining anonymous or getting paid by making decisions about what personal information and browsing data to sell.  Several other incentives are still being planned and developed and will be announced to the public at a later date.

Thank you for clarifying this. It's important for all regulations to know if your are going to be treated as a security or not.
I guess this will close the question on this.
Terrratron

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:15:54 AM

How much in dividends Ill get? Dividends will be paid in ETH or SAt tokens? Weekly, monthly.. or?

There are several benefits you can get from owning SAT tokens. These are as follows:

That’s because it is the SAT token that the Sphere decentralized system uses to facilitate transactions.

This means that you can use these tokens to earn dividends as Sphere grows in value.

Yes, I asked this already before. I am wondering how they calculate the dividents and if they pay them in ETH or SAT. Hopefully, someone from their team can answer our questions.

Hello!  There’s been a lot of talk about dividends on the thread.  We’d like to thank you for bringing this to our attention, because our marketing team actually used the wrong word.  “Dividends” is not in our white paper, but it was on our website.  This was a serious error on our part and that word has been removed and replaced with “rewards”.   We apologize deeply for the confusion.

As for the questions about how SAT will be utilized on our platform for profit, we have plans to have users spend SAT as a currency within our network. We will incentivize the use of SAT in many ways, including the marketplace to trade tokens for goods or services, paying users micro-transactions for ad clicks, and various types of social connections.

Users will also have the choice of remaining anonymous or getting paid by making decisions about what personal information and browsing data to sell.  Several other incentives are still being planned and developed and will be announced to the public at a later date.

Well, if it was a mistake in the term, then I'm upset. Dividends give value to tokens. But the rewards are also good.
Also a very correct decision about burning unsold tokens.
Yasemin

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:54:12 AM

Will someone moderate this social media? Because what is with topics which are not really so nice, people whith racistic background or stuff? Could this be a darknet 2?

You know, that strange old idea of if you don't like something, don't look at it?

Do you have to have someone else deciding what you can or can't look at on social media?

That is actually an interesting question. On almost every social media, you can report unacceptable content, like racist content. How will that work when the social media is decentralized??

magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:37:41 AM

What you mean by “rewards”? Toekn holders will receive some amoutn for holding tokens?
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:56:10 AM

Yes you could "moderate" it that way, but actually I don't want to look over some specific topics like for example racist content or a lot of other really worst topics I don't want to write down here. It's not that I say it will definitly become a problem but there is a chance that it will be.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Yasemin

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:04:05 AM

Yes you could "moderate" it that way, but actually I don't want to look over some specific topics like for example racist content or a lot of other really worst topics I don't want to write down here. It's not that I say it will definitly become a problem but there is a chance that it will be.

Yes, I didnt before, but now that I think about it, there is a lot of people that are hating on the Internet. How will Sphere deal with that?

the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:04:46 AM

there should be moderation of sensitive topics like pedophilia, but racism? neah! racism is a vague category. what you consider racist someone else might not.

premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:10:37 AM

It is a very controversial issue I think.

Yes, i believe the best way is "if you don't like something, don't look at it" but also there are just areas which are just can't be justified with this. I even don't want to write here what are they.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:36:42 AM

Yes, i believe the best way is "if you don't like something, don't look at it" but also there are just areas which are just can't be justified with this. I even don't want to write here what are they.

Probably every social network has moderators, even decentralized ones are supposed to have them. So I think if there will be some disturbing or illegal content, I'm sure it will be dealt with.

Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 10:55:02 AM

Probably every social network has moderators, even decentralized ones are supposed to have them. So I think if there will be some disturbing or illegal content, I'm sure it will be dealt with.

in extreme cases there is always going to be the need for somebody to come in and delete something, complete freedom to post anything would be abused for sure by troll and griefers.
BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:07:22 AM

Yes, but on the other side, how will this look like? I mean, are all data which are there stored on a blockchain? Will someone moderate this social media? Because what is with topics which are not really so nice, people whith racistic background or stuff? Could this be a darknet 2?
I agree there are disadvantages. But this does not go away (But the very concept of decentralization and anonymity on this platform, implies free communication without fear.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: