Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:20:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
ImTotya

Activity: 168
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:54:32 PM

Marketplace of what . What can we possibly sell in social media ?

Well, look at Facebook and their marketplace and then you know what you can sell on social media. Nearly everything is possible.

Facebook is also using data generated by the users them self, but this i don't think is gonna happen in this project?

No, here you will be able to choose yourself what to do with those data, that's the idea of Sphere and that's perks of decentralization.
It seems to me that in the near future all opponents of cryptocurrency will try to tighten the nuts. And first of all, they will do it through social networks, as Facebook did

I heard that medium started witch hunt on cryptocurrency related accounts, my friends account suspended due to this.
I think that is they promote well data security can be a strong point to get more users.
I am sure that this was done for security purposes. I think if your account is in perfect order you don't need to worry! Soon his unlock!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 08:06:36 PM

Marketplace of what . What can we possibly sell in social media ?

Well, look at Facebook and their marketplace and then you know what you can sell on social media. Nearly everything is possible.

Facebook is also using data generated by the users them self, but this i don't think is gonna happen in this project?

No, here you will be able to choose yourself what to do with those data, that's the idea of Sphere and that's perks of decentralization.
It seems to me that in the near future all opponents of cryptocurrency will try to tighten the nuts. And first of all, they will do it through social networks, as Facebook did

I heard that medium started witch hunt on cryptocurrency related accounts, my friends account suspended due to this.

These legacy companies are feeling threatened by rising blockchain competitors and are doing the typical leftist behavioural response to anything they don’t like: bully/block/threaten/censor.

I am feeling sorry for them, they can't stand ahead of a rising technology. also as far as i know a lot of people meeted with medium with cryptocurrencies. maybe that's coincedence but i know a lot of people like this.

beeelzebub

Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 08:08:35 PM

App is running well on my smartphone. Search function has to be improved, but it makes a good first impression.
They has 200k users - this is large audience - when browser version will be available, I think there can be new wave of users, because Facebook every day is losing popularity.

Maybe we will see sphere bounties in the future instead of facebook. Who knows?

zgrdyg

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 08:15:57 PM

App is running well on my smartphone. Search function has to be improved, but it makes a good first impression.
They has 200k users - this is large audience - when browser version will be available, I think there can be new wave of users, because Facebook every day is losing popularity.

Targeting Facebook in the beginning can be an unrealistic target for Sphere, but after some time sphere can alter the game.

Korsakopf

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:43:59 PM

Targeting Facebook in the beginning can be an unrealistic target for Sphere, but after some time sphere can alter the game.

I agree. It is better if they target a smaller group or even continent first. Probably a tech/blockchain crowd is a good choice since Facebook has banned all crypto ads and stuff. Sphere can offer all things crypto.
hanshammer

Activity: 280
Merit: 22

The Future of Sports is Fan Controlled

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:49:57 PM

I agree. It is better if they target a smaller group or even continent first. Probably a tech/blockchain crowd is a good choice since Facebook has banned all crypto ads and stuff. Sphere can offer all things crypto.
Something like that is needed. I think it was wrong that Facebook banned all ICOs. It would have been better for them to do a little research which projects are legit.

Fermin AK

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:23:13 PM

Something like that is needed. I think it was wrong that Facebook banned all ICOs. It would have been better for them to do a little research which projects are legit.
I think that wasn't a smart move for Facebook. The crypto world is raising a doesn't have to much sens to try to fight them.

CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:47:39 PM
Merited by mandibleclaw (2)

New ICO Promotion — Free Trezor Wallet Give Away!  Tongue

https://medium.com/@sphereofficial/new-ico-promotion-free-trezor-wallet-give-away-8bc61ef1903e
helloal

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:58:47 PM

I think that wasn't a smart move for Facebook. The crypto world is raising a doesn't have to much sens to try to fight them.

If we think from the perspective of Zuckerberg - who might be trying to launch Facebook’s own crypto in the near future, it does make sense in a strategic way - even though it might be a d**k move.

Fermin AK

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:32:51 PM

I now looked more closely at the ICO timeline, and now it seems to me that these are too big bonuses for whales. For example, 60% + 15% in 1 round if more than 150,000 tokens are sold.

As for me, I'm less worried about big bonuses rather, I'm more concerned and at the same time excited of Sphere's development road map and future improvements and innovations as this factors will be critical to the success of the project.Imho.

When is the browser version coming out? I'm wondering if it's gonna have some functions that app doesn't.

Probably minor differences, you can do a lot of fo thins in a browser that you can't in a smartphone, but I don't think actual useful features will be in one and not the other, its necessary that you can do the same thing in both, if not, people will try to use more one than the other.

Yeah, if they released the PC version then it might have some minor function and features difference considering they are two different platforms. I think the PC version will be more robust and stable as PC application development has tons of API's in its sleeve and also the app is a little  easier to test and fine tune.Imho.
Probably the PC version is going to have some more functions because of the power it has and will be more stable. The app probably should be less stable but it has the huge advantage that you can take it anywhere.

belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:55:48 PM

I now looked more closely at the ICO timeline, and now it seems to me that these are too big bonuses for whales. For example, 60% + 15% in 1 round if more than 150,000 tokens are sold.

As for me, I'm less worried about big bonuses rather, I'm more concerned and at the same time excited of Sphere's development road map and future improvements and innovations as this factors will be critical to the success of the project.Imho.

When is the browser version coming out? I'm wondering if it's gonna have some functions that app doesn't.

Probably minor differences, you can do a lot of fo thins in a browser that you can't in a smartphone, but I don't think actual useful features will be in one and not the other, its necessary that you can do the same thing in both, if not, people will try to use more one than the other.

Yeah, if they released the PC version then it might have some minor function and features difference considering they are two different platforms. I think the PC version will be more robust and stable as PC application development has tons of API's in its sleeve and also the app is a little  easier to test and fine tune.Imho.
Probably the PC version is going to have some more functions because of the power it has and will be more stable. The app probably should be less stable but it has the huge advantage that you can take it anywhere.
There is potential in Time, in the project and in the budget to develop quality mobile versions, there is time for this improvement and I believe that community participation will be key in this step. Mainly because there are several mobile versions to develop and perfect
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:05:22 PM

I think web version is the best option, it can be used on both mobile and pc, and also almost all social media have a web version.
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:56:40 PM

The current Bonus is 45% now, till the end of the next week.

I felt they're giving too much bonus as it'll be harmful for the short term investors, we have seen lots of projects got cracked up because of this. I just hope they have some good back up for this.

On the other hand they need to secure funds to run the project, but that could also scare away investors in the final stages. Off course if the project is solid and will be successful this will not matter

A good strategy, especially if you want to be a holder of the token, is to accumulate during the initial sell-off after listing on an exchange.

True in most cases, but there's not always a sell off (think ICON), and than you can miss the boat. So I sometimes like to middle/DCA

Well, usually with this kind of bonus, there is a locking period so the prices are not dumped, I will enter an ICO that gives me a lot f bonus, and also to lock it, i don't mind waiting, but it appears that is not the case here, so lets hope the project is not dumped much, the price will rise eventually, but after how  much time?

Once people will see the benefit of this over Facebook. And more importantly: once there friends and family move to Sphere

martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:12:09 AM

I felt they're giving too much bonus as it'll be harmful for the short term investors, we have seen lots of projects got cracked up because of this. I just hope they have some good back up for this.

On the other hand they need to secure funds to run the project, but that could also scare away investors in the final stages. Off course if the project is solid and will be successful this will not matter

A good strategy, especially if you want to be a holder of the token, is to accumulate during the initial sell-off after listing on an exchange.

True in most cases, but there's not always a sell off (think ICON), and than you can miss the boat. So I sometimes like to middle/DCA

Well, usually with this kind of bonus, there is a locking period so the prices are not dumped, I will enter an ICO that gives me a lot f bonus, and also to lock it, i don't mind waiting, but it appears that is not the case here, so lets hope the project is not dumped much, the price will rise eventually, but after how  much time?

Once people will see the benefit of this over Facebook. And more importantly: once there friends and family move to Sphere
They cant see a lot of benefits for now actually, i think its only decentralized so far.
I hope there will be more soon.
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:50:49 AM

I hope not just follower and friends will be able to see the stuff you put up in marketplace. This would limit your potential buyers a lot in my eyes. It would be better to make it possible to bring it to a wider audience, like regional or even if you choose country wide.

They should think about some kind of group thing like its currently on facebook. Where you can promote your old stuff to a informal group of people who are interested

Yep, that is akso what I thought. Making selling groups for specific topics would be cool. Selling just to people you know is ineffective in my opinion.

I believe this will be possible. You can pay with SAT for ads so you will probably be able to bring it to a wider audience by paying for it.

Hmmm if you have to pay every time you want to sell some small items (I mean cheap ones, not a small diamond ring Tongue) it would be very unprofitable. I hope there would be also other ways to get a wider audience with for example groups or so.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:30:00 AM

Good to have Android app but are you developing PC browser version, and integrate games like facebook ?  A common currency for all the games will be something big

Which games you mean? This will be social network for cryptocurrencies (like Medium, Golos) but for mobile devices, or Im wrong?

Facebook games like Farmville, Candy Crush, and other games has their own game currency which you cannot trade or use in other games, imagine if farmville coins can be spend in Mafia games and other facebook integrated games, a common currency for all games.

Sphere allows to integrate third party games in their platform.. And everyone can earn SAT tokens anyway they like in any of the game available in Sphere network. So gamers not only spend time to earn worthless virtual game currencies but a real crypto currency which is worth some real market value

You mean some crypto-games? Hm... if looking to "crypto-citties", you can be right. Crypto-games can help their Network become more popular and bring a lot of additional money and value of tokens

There's a new one about fighting robots. I can totally imagine games likes this becoming mainstream popular in a few years. These games run on Ethereum as does SAT so maybe it would be possible to pay for them through SAT.

What you mean? New ethereum game? What name of this game? Ethreum working without problem last time. This is not very popular game like crypto-kitties?
chaystar

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:38:01 AM

Facebook banning ICOs and Bitcoin related ads were (in my opinion), pretty much because of all the deceptive ads using Cryptocurrencies as a disguise for scams more than Facebook being against crypto in general.

It was getting out of hand and people who have no idea what cryptocurrency is are being targeted, like, even my grandma asked me if she should buy a really dodgy ICO because she saw it on Facebook lol
Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:26:55 AM

I hope not just follower and friends will be able to see the stuff you put up in marketplace. This would limit your potential buyers a lot in my eyes. It would be better to make it possible to bring it to a wider audience, like regional or even if you choose country wide.

They should think about some kind of group thing like its currently on facebook. Where you can promote your old stuff to a informal group of people who are interested

Yep, that is akso what I thought. Making selling groups for specific topics would be cool. Selling just to people you know is ineffective in my opinion.

I believe this will be possible. You can pay with SAT for ads so you will probably be able to bring it to a wider audience by paying for it.

Hmmm if you have to pay every time you want to sell some small items (I mean cheap ones, not a small diamond ring Tongue) it would be very unprofitable. I hope there would be also other ways to get a wider audience with for example groups or so.

I like the idea of paied ads. Some portals for used stuff already participate in such systems. You only have to do it when you want the bigger audience so its not a must have to sell your stuff
lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 06:37:54 AM

Well, usually with this kind of bonus, there is a locking period so the prices are not dumped, I will enter an ICO that gives me a lot f bonus, and also to lock it, i don't mind waiting, but it appears that is not the case here, so lets hope the project is not dumped much, the price will rise eventually, but after how  much time?

They cant see a lot of benefits for now actually, i think its only decentralized so far.
I hope there will be more soon.

biggest benefit from sphere is their token instead of decentralized social media.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:07:13 AM

Targeting big companies like facebook will be better if it done in the future. For now, small companies will be enough.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: