Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:29:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:43:39 AM

Why does it have to be a competition of existing platforms . Wouldn't it be more successful if it provides additional feature by partnering with them.

would you like coke and pepsi to partner up and offer only one option of cola? I wouldn't. I like pepsi just the way it is and dislike coke. get it now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:17:40 AM

Why does it have to be a competition of existing platforms . Wouldn't it be more successful if it provides additional feature by partnering with them.
Its their decision to make a new social media, their own social media.
They could just make a partnership with an existing social media and improve it, but they dont want to.
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:42:13 AM

They could just make a partnership with an existing social media and improve it, but they dont want to.

of course the idea could only work if it is a successful social media, brand new. building up will take time, but the incentive method could be a winner
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:16:34 AM

of course the idea could only work if it is a successful social media, brand new. building up will take time, but the incentive method could be a winner

So if this is a project of what they want and not what the community wants . It's no different from the existing doctors social platforms.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:19:18 AM

So if this is a project of what they want and not what the community wants . It's no different from the existing doctors social platforms.

Every social network needs enough users in order to work. Many will fail to reach this threshold but I also doubt that Facebook would accept a partnership. Why would they?
Fermin AK

Activity: 266

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:24:17 AM

Every social network needs enough users in order to work. Many will fail to reach this threshold but I also doubt that Facebook would accept a partnership. Why would they?
Indeed a partnership makes not sense to me in any case, facebook would buy the company but not be associated with it

wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:28:24 AM

Yes i think it’s an interessant question to know at which point sphere will be decentralized. Its the main feature and the thing that make sphere a good alternative to social network I think.
I Doge the question is interesting! I really want to hear what the project team will tell us. They are very long silent(

True that, they should have a better attendance on this forum

Maybe they will get more active after the token sale is over? It's just 10 days left. Can't wait for further announcements, you're right, they've been silent for too long.

Axcel-m

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:39:35 PM

Yes i think it’s an interessant question to know at which point sphere will be decentralized. Its the main feature and the thing that make sphere a good alternative to social network I think.
I Doge the question is interesting! I really want to hear what the project team will tell us. They are very long silent(

Maybe they will get more active after the token sale is over? It's just 10 days left. Can't wait for further announcements, you're right, they've been silent for too long.

I guess it would be much better if they could hire a community manager to attend to the community's inquiries with regards to the project. As this could result in a much stronger relationship between the community and the developer team.Imho.
I would hire one, too. In other project you have seen what happens without a good community managed by a community manager.
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:02:34 PM

Are you one of the Sphere team? You are always posting here. Would love to hear what they are currently doing.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:23:57 PM

I guess it would be much better if they could hire a community manager to attend to the community's inquiries with regards to the project. As this could result in a much stronger relationship between the community and the developer team.Imho.
I would hire one, too. In other project you have seen what happens without a good community managed by a community manager.

Unclear situation will lead to the ignorance, they should know it especially at the current market down trend. We wish there will be an update from the team.
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:46:07 PM

Are you one of the Sphere team? You are always posting here. Would love to hear what they are currently doing.

I also would like to know why they post an medium article from December 2017? Are there no news they can give the community?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
vic_veles

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:52:04 PM

This project is very original and interesting, I think soon the team will answer all questions and the situation will clear up.
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:15:52 PM

You're right, it's much better when all the questions from the team have answers - investors are then more confident and ready to invest, I hope the situation will improve.
taoist23

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:27:24 PM

A project, which is specialized in Social Networking and doesnt care about the most important network in cryptoland, Bitcointalk has failed in my eyes.
 Sad
Sam67

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:32:01 PM

n the past few days we have seen news reports about illegal data in the Bitcoin blockchain. Not only Bitcoin, but also other blockchains are vulnerable. It could happen elsewhere too, but those media are mutable, id est the illegal data can be removed after the fact. Now I understand Sphere will probably try to filter data before it is set in stone, but eventually some data will slip through. Any ideas about this?
aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:58:06 PM

n the past few days we have seen news reports about illegal data in the Bitcoin blockchain. Not only Bitcoin, but also other blockchains are vulnerable. It could happen elsewhere too, but those media are mutable, id est the illegal data can be removed after the fact. Now I understand Sphere will probably try to filter data before it is set in stone, but eventually some data will slip through. Any ideas about this?
They are trying to soft fork BTC to get rid of those vulnerabilities but still nothing has happened so far. The 51% issue is probably a true danger and jeopardize the whole blockchain. Anyways, during this transitive period, no rapid moves or actions are reasonable.
skybot13x

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:07:48 PM

Maybe we have a chance now for crypto social media. A lot of people and companies starting to delete or at least stop using facebook for advertisment thanks to the big data abuse scandal.

I have been thinking about it too, but some websites that needs to be login with facebook. So Im stuck for a while. Maybe remove personal contents.
Will gladly move to Sphere after this.

I only use Facebook because of my spotify account, besides that i stopped using it and i have so many people around stopped using facebook due to some privacy concerns, which seems true after latest news. So Sphere can thrive with the privacy side of social media.

I must say it's quite naive to just now find out Facebook knows too much about you and isn't always using it respectfully

To avoid arguments it's best to do some research before sharing too much opinions. If there isn't a data privacy problem. No one would state the issue

in the case of facebook there was a data privacy problem. anyway I think people will start to jump ship to other social media platforms.
regardless of the data scandal i think that now the time of facebook has passed, and become obsolete, old, i think that sphere can be a viable alternative, perhaps the best...

I disagree that you say regardless of the data scandal. I think such events will strongly accelerate the process of innovation in the field because people are now creating demand for improved social networks and they make that clear by taking legal action against them.

Yes, facebook created a hole and it gives another opportunity for other parties to patch it.

It will be interesting whether Facebook even considers to implement something like blockchain. Experts on some public media channels have been discussing that option.

Yeah, I would like to call it a blessing in disguise that will motivate people to look for other alternative social media platforms.

Not sure if they actively look for alternatives but such incidents give room for very well targeted advertising campaigns from projects like Sphere. I think it will still take quite some time until Sphere and others might go mainstream.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Michelle24

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:45:36 PM

Maybe we have a chance now for crypto social media. A lot of people and companies starting to delete or at least stop using facebook for advertisment thanks to the big data abuse scandal.

I have been thinking about it too, but some websites that needs to be login with facebook. So Im stuck for a while. Maybe remove personal contents.
Will gladly move to Sphere after this.

I only use Facebook because of my spotify account, besides that i stopped using it and i have so many people around stopped using facebook due to some privacy concerns, which seems true after latest news. So Sphere can thrive with the privacy side of social media.

I must say it's quite naive to just now find out Facebook knows too much about you and isn't always using it respectfully

To avoid arguments it's best to do some research before sharing too much opinions. If there isn't a data privacy problem. No one would state the issue

in the case of facebook there was a data privacy problem. anyway I think people will start to jump ship to other social media platforms.
regardless of the data scandal i think that now the time of facebook has passed, and become obsolete, old, i think that sphere can be a viable alternative, perhaps the best...

I disagree that you say regardless of the data scandal. I think such events will strongly accelerate the process of innovation in the field because people are now creating demand for improved social networks and they make that clear by taking legal action against them.

Yes, facebook created a hole and it gives another opportunity for other parties to patch it.

It will be interesting whether Facebook even considers to implement something like blockchain. Experts on some public media channels have been discussing that option.

Yeah, I would like to call it a blessing in disguise that will motivate people to look for other alternative social media platforms.

Not sure if they actively look for alternatives but such incidents give room for very well targeted advertising campaigns from projects like Sphere. I think it will still take quite some time until Sphere and others might go mainstream.
And exactly that is the problem. They are very weak in grabbing a chance and using it to their advantage.
Insted, theese meaningless advertizements appears here from time to time.

BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 08:00:59 PM

A project, which is specialized in Social Networking and doesnt care about the most important network in cryptoland, Bitcointalk has failed in my eyes.
 Sad
I think you're right about something. I do not understand how to build feedback to the community. if for the last 30 pages I have not seen any messages from the project. It's very sad(

cryptobaro

Activity: 1120
Merit: 200

Turkish Translator

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:03:15 PM

Sad
I think you're right about something. I do not understand how to build feedback to the community. if for the last 30 pages I have not seen any messages from the project. It's very sad(

well i agree with you. I dont know how will that happen..

1881 - 193∞
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: