Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:10:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an altcoin  (Read 1130 times)
Raegorl

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:12:46 PM

Bitcoin is the one who brought the blockchain technology as we know it today to life. Just because another virtual currency existed before it doesn't mean bitcoin is an altcoin, this is a borderline stupid train of thought.

Mr.cryptos

Activity: 322
Merit: 119

BEST BOUNTY MANAGEMENT. 10+ BOUNTIES MANAGED

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 10:40:02 PM

There were many cryptocurrencies before Bitcoin.

Therefore Bitcoin is an altcoin - and will also be beaten by another altcoin, just as it did itself.

Therefore Bitcoin is an altcoin - and will also be beaten by another altcoin, just as it did itself.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/quick-history-cryptocurrencies-bbtc-bitcoin-1397682630/

The author said "The first known (to me) attempt at cryptocurrencies occurred in the Netherlands, in the late 1980s" in the first paragraph. Emphasis on the word a'ttempt', this means that before bitcoin there had been attempts to make digital cash. When we look back at history there have been attempts do to a lot of inventions, which all failed. Since bitcoin has become successful with mass adoption, it deserves the credit of been a pioneer.

Also lets not forget that cryptocurrency comes with amazing technology not just putting money on phone cards that people used to trade when they had no money, nobody heard of debit cards and other prepaid gift cards.
Very well said and this was i supposed to say too which there are really some attempts in the past about digital cash but all of them failed and also come to think off that those plans of digital cash are centralized not decentralized.This is why bitcoin is somehow specially compared into those coins if they are successfully created. For now we cant really remove the title that bitcoin is the father of all cryptocurrency and all coins who are after it would really be always considered as altcoins.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/quick-history-cryptocurrencies-bbtc-bitcoin-1397682630/

The author said "The first known (to me) attempt at cryptocurrencies occurred in the Netherlands, in the late 1980s" in the first paragraph. Emphasis on the word a'ttempt', this means that before bitcoin there had been attempts to make digital cash. When we look back at history there have been attempts do to a lot of inventions, which all failed. Since bitcoin has become successful with mass adoption, it deserves the credit of been a pioneer.

Also lets not forget that cryptocurrency comes with amazing technology not just putting money on phone cards that people used to trade when they had no money, nobody heard of debit cards and other prepaid gift cards.
Very well said and this was i supposed to say too which there are really some attempts in the past about digital cash but all of them failed and also come to think off that those plans of digital cash are centralized not decentralized.This is why bitcoin is somehow specially compared into those coins if they are successfully created. For now we cant really remove the title that bitcoin is the father of all cryptocurrency and all coins who are after it would really be always considered as altcoins.

That's why we have two types of cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin and Altcoins. It's like saying 1 leader and the rest. Also this is healthy for this evolving crypto market.

Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:46:30 PM

I would not say bitcoin is an altcoin, bitcoin is the king
of all crypto currencies I would prefer to called it a coin or virtual currency.

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:39:38 AM

Does it matter what it's called? Either way, altcoins originate from the word "alternate", and they're only considered such because they are alternative options over Bitcoin. In other words, Bitcoin is the standard. It really doesn't matter if it's the first, or if it's the last -- it's considered the main one, so it's incorrect to call it an altcoin, at least in the present.

Not to mention the other stuff mentioned in the article aren't even cryptocurrencies. They're just forms of digital payment. I'm not sure where this hate is coming from, but at least try to come up with logical explanations.

Mazda17

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:27:21 AM

I don't feel that bitcoin is an altcoin,  but you can call it whatever you want,  but you can't really deny that it's the main cryptocurrency that's being used by a lot of people.  You also can't deny that most people would think of either bitcoin or draw a blank if they were asked to name a cryptocurrency.
Yes that's what you say, I do not feel that bitcoin is altcoin either, but they can call it whatever they want. Until when bitcoin remains at peak while altcoin is still below the bitcoin.
JTTech

Activity: 227
Merit: 26

PRiVCYM4tters🕵🔐PRiVCY MOD🕵

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 05:31:40 AM

I can't say I agree with this. I pretty sure anyone referring to an altcoin would be referring to an alternative to BTC. Most people would have no clue what came before BTC because it is the standard in crypto. Will it be beaten and outperformed? Most likely. But for now, it is without a doubt the reigning champion of the cryptocurrency world. What else would anyone even consider for the main coin besides BTC?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:36:25 AM

lol what a funny article what the author referring to is a digital cash that first used before but bitcoin is different digital currency which is using a blockchain technology which is first introduced in bitcoin. 

iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:36:55 AM

There were many who tried to introduce cryptocurrencies before but none of them were backed by the blockchain technology which Satoshi Nakamoto created and which is the very reason why Bitcoin became the first and the original on this platform. No matter how many would dispute this history, the Bitcoin version is the most accepted version therefore all the rest before and after are the ones to be called as altcoins. Look, those coins before Bitcoin never saw the light of the day and so we should just consider them as predecessors that attempted to introduced cryptos but failed. I only recognized Bitcoin and so the rest of the cryptocurrency community.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:37:53 AM

I find this article very hard to believe, I just get the feeling that they want to eliminate the fact that satoshi was the  first inventor of cryptocurrencies. The article itself isn't that clear and I just feel like the above mentioned participants want to take all the credits from satoshi. Why does this only arise now, all along those people were quite, they just felt like coming up with lies and allegations in the hope that the cryptocurrency community will easily fall for their story. I don't believe this, it doesn't even make sense.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:38:21 AM

It is informative. This is my first time to hear it, but I do not know if it's true. Only one that I can say, bitcoin only has the highest value in all digital currency. So there's nothing like Bitcoin.
uncoinwhales

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:40:27 AM

altcoin ,zetcoin , mepcoin  it’s price more than 8,000$ and we earn good so that call it what you want
Tszunami98

Activity: 812
Merit: 124

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:52:41 AM

I dont understand how this articles are being diged. This is as old as 2014, bascially everything has changed since then.
It would be fun tho for the guy who wrote the article, to read it again today or later next year. I bet that would be fun.
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 05:56:43 AM

From all their failures came bitcoin. Thanks to them, nakamoto had figured out the solution. Yes bitcoin might be an alt coin too. But not today, nor in the future. As long as bitcoin is in the top of the chain others are just alt coins.

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:01:28 AM

It is just a label and alt coin is the label that being given by people, because the first crypto is Bitcoin then other has been consider as the alt coin, but no matter what does Bitcoin called, Bitcoin still the pioneer and will always be called Bitcoin not an alt coin

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:02:57 AM

If it is not bitcoin. its an altcoin simple as that and this article is quite confusing because from my research the internet itself was born in the 1980s and around these times innovations where highly embraced, and if cryptocurrencies did really exist why didnt we hear about it? Am sure a noble prize would have gone their way but unfortunately they didn't register their presence and Satoshi beat them to it.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:04:49 AM

if it makes you sleep at night then call bitcoin as an "altcoin" but that will be only you calling bitcoin something that it is not. checking your post history it seems like you love doing that. so there is no point arguing with someone who doesn't want to listen to what everyone else says!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Rickirs

Activity: 206
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:09:33 AM

It was an interesting read however, call it whatever, bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrency .

PERIOD.
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:12:02 AM

In the world of crypto currency, there is bitcoin as the first crypto currency, and all other crypto-currencies that are not bitcoins are called alternatives, that is, altcoyins. Therefore, bitcoin can not be both bitcoin and altcoyin simultaneously. It is nonsense. Moreover, the term altcoyin appeared after the creation of bitcoin as a designation of all crypto-currencies that are not bitcoins.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:14:19 AM

Something i need to consider imaginary or hallucinating.. This is the weirdest thread I’ve want to comment not because of disagreement to one but to emphasise that this way of thinking is not more than normal enough.. A failed attempt to produce a cryptocurrency in the past doesn’t mean it will be called the first.. If I attempt to swim around the world now and failed at 2 meters after the start can I already be in the history.. That’s logically wrong as I see it..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:15:48 AM

I think scottykarate=freightjoe
How can a newbie be so obsessed with another newbie to open a bash thread....
Just my 2 Sats

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: