Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:18:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will crypto replace fiat money?  (Read 2041 times)
campion99

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:17:27 AM

In the opinion
I think bitcoin will replace fiat. But it takes a quite long time
Because the value of this electronic currency is still rising abnormally

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rube08

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:18:06 AM

Cryptocurrency will not replace fiat but it will compliment it. I think it will be used by companies that need to move large transactions or an automominous smart contracts between companies. Fiat is very difficult to replace because everyone in the world would need to know how to use it and save it in those wallet. Imagine an 80 year old grandma trying to spend bitcoins at a local grocery store.
CryptoGoddess

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:20:54 AM

It is too soon to tell as bitcoin is still in its infancy stage
and has yet to become mainstream and adopted by the
public.

I don't think it will replace fiat currency in at least 10 years
or more. We still have a lot to achieve and I believe this is
only the beginning of a revolution.

I agree completely. In time fiat will be replaced but scaling will take time and different ideas will be molded and implemented along the way. We will just have to wait and hope to live long enough to see what the finished product will be.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:23:07 AM

No, I don`t expect  bitcoin will replace cash.
How much crypto supply now? ...
Then compare with current world population 7.582.808.383
I guess, that is dreams that cannot be fulfilled.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2702
Merit: 588

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:25:37 AM

Everything is possible but too difficult to predict the future.
You can just speculate what's gonna be in store for us, 5, 10 years from now onwards.
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:38:34 AM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

Definitely no. I've read some article and it says there that it is impossible to replace the fiat of other digital cryptocurrency. It shows there also of how money dollars reserve they have and digital currency has just only few reserve so its impossible to replace it. Aside from that digital cryto is depending also on fiat. Without fiat, digital currencies are nothing.
coinholder51

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:02:06 AM

i dont think that it is happing now or in 5-10 years but nothing is impossible.the way that tecnology has come up now a days you never know what will happen next Smiley i am eagerly waiting for that moment to come  Grin
desanti

Activity: 167

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:00:56 AM

in my opinion, crypto currency will never replace fiat
because crypto currency can only be used with internet access, while there are still many people who do not all use the internet.
Kulitha

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 02:03:12 AM

I think crypto will not replace fiat money for  long time. so many government  will not allow to do so
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:13:23 AM

Yes definitely I have no doubt a out it. This is the cyber age so a cyber currency makes sense and there already is an infrastructure and its name is bitcoin and runs on blockchain. The future is here today.It's only a matter of time before everyone jumps aboard. It might not be bitcoin but crypto for sure will be used instead of fiatin the future.
DPrillio

Activity: 693

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:23:03 AM

Cryptocurrency will not replace fiat but it will compliment it. I think it will be used by companies that need to move large transactions or an automominous smart contracts between companies. Fiat is very difficult to replace because everyone in the world would need to know how to use it and save it in those wallet. Imagine an 80 year old grandma trying to spend bitcoins at a local grocery store.
Yes. i go with the opinion that it is hard to replaced the fiat money and i think it is because of the current system that was established since ever or due to the status of internet connection in every country which have a big contributing factor of cryptocurrency. But i believe the possibility that maybe not in this generation for the cryptocurrency is the next universal money. Observed the current situation of money transfer now a days it is now starting in digital online transaction like using electronics card, debit card or in an automated teller machine, that is all done through internet. If the whole world soon become fully connected by internet then its not far that a new monetary system will rise. who knows? that a time comes that every child birth in this world will be implanted an electronic chips and it will carries all the identity and the assets including fund transfer of the bearer.

winyau8888

Activity: 131
Merit: 12

I am a baby to cryptocurrency~

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:29:23 AM

IMO, the crypto will never replace fiat money. And we need to define what fiat is. People need to have/feel something on hands. And up to now, BTC is still very virtual to most of us even you have a cold wallet on your hand.  Roll Eyes
That's what is the mindset which most of the people have and it is chance for us to hold on to this key.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
denulh

Activity: 300

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:36:06 AM

I think bitcoin will not easily replace fiat money, fiat money has been existed for very long time and can be accepted by veryone in the country, and has developed into my ways to make transactions.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
SupportBitcoin

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 02:39:14 AM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

Crypto is the future and it will surely take over fiat. My guess is about 15 to 20 years before it really goes mainstream to gain enough adoption to accomplish this. As far as which coin, I think Bitcoin will be the one.

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
btcmayumana

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:51:48 AM

I doubt it, still long way to happen. We still need fiat as this is legal currency that acceptable in country still.
Crypto currency likes BTC, BTG, LTC, comes as alternative of digital transaction only, not ready for real transaction which needed instant deal. We can trading using cash and done the transaction in a min without any problem or waiting confirmation.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:08:24 AM

It is too soon to tell as bitcoin is still in its infancy stage
and has yet to become mainstream and adopted by the
public.

I don't think it will replace fiat currency in at least 10 years
or more. We still have a lot to achieve and I believe this is
only the beginning of a revolution.

the answer is pretty good, I completely agree with you. so many people think crypto can replace fiat money. but basically everyone still needs fiat money for up to 10 years to come.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:14:47 AM

I dont think about that. Yeah bitcoin is really have a good benefit and still expensive value but i doubt that the fiat money will replace by the bitcoin because giat money is known by all over the world its like an international exchanger or converter. Bitcoin now is still spreading in alk over the world and some country still not legalize it and not allowed it.
chicobr

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:18:41 AM

I don't think anycoin can replace fiat money. I know cryptocurrency has many advantages but fiat money has own role in economy system.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:48:23 AM

A currency with hundreds of years history cannot get replaced easily. Fiat currency is used almost in all countries of the world. It has reached in every part of a country. Fiat currency is quiet easy to use, generally acceptable by all merchants. Easily get exchanges with currency of any country. Require no transaction charges, Payments of small trades are comfortable with fiat currency. Cryptocurrency is the latest mode of payment and is becoming more and popular in developed nations. Requires mobile, mobile wallets. Its has its own security system. it comes in decentralised format. Though crypto have many advantages, still it is not as feasible as fiat currency.
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 10433

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:56:06 AM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take. 

a decentralized cryptocurrency like bitcoin has little to no chance of "replacing" fiat which is completely centralized. which is why i think it will never happen.
but we may see in the near future, fiat change form and become more digital than it currently is. and it can use the blockchain technology and become a cryptocurrency itself but it still is going to be centralized and in control of the government and only belonging to one country not a global currency like bitcoin.

Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)
neither of these are even capable of becoming a serious currency. LTC has the best chance among them but all the rest have serious scaling issues. and BTG is a premined shitcoin.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: