Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:47:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to use bitcoin without photo ID?  (Read 656 times)
happybanana (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:50:05 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 05:57:03 PM by happybanana

For someone in the USA, is it possible to have:

1) A desktop or online based wallet if you don't have a photo ID.
2) Ability to buy btc without needing to provide ID.

That is scary to someone who has had identity stolen before.

Thanks - please be kind.  I am new and still learning.  I have not yet bought BTC.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:53:58 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 02:31:47 PM by maeusi

For someone in the USA, is it possible to have ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:

1) A desktop or online based wallet that won't ask for verification, phone, or photo ID to use it ever. Not Coinbase - they do require this.
2) Ability to buy and sell btc without needing to provide photo ID or bank verification or phone number.
3) The bitcoin ATMs by me even require a photo and phone # verification!  Is there a way around this?

I have spent the past week researching this and every time someone says they have a good idea for a wallet or exchange, it turns out in order to do the entire process of making a wallet and buying and selling, AT SOME POINT you have to give a phone number, photo ID, or connect a bank account.

Any recommendations to accomplish 1 - 3?  Is it not even possible in the first place?

Thanks - please be kind.  I am new and still learning.  I just want to buy and hold maybe .05 BTC at this time.  That's it, nothing fancy, no fishy motives, lol.  
Yes, of course you can save, sell and buy Bitcoin without ID.
Coinbase offers "third party walket". That means, that you do not own private keys. Your own wallet doesn't need your ID. You have full privacy.
Take a look at this tutorial about wallets.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0
Several exchangers have limits, where you needn't provide your ID. For example Bitpanda. You needn't provide your ID, when you sell Bitcoin to a certain amount.
There are also exchangers, who sell Bitcoins without ID. But I have no experiences about them. Baught BTC from a legendary member here in forum.
777asianinvasian

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:34:06 AM

I mean you could but IF you live in the USA I would suggest doing none of those things. For one thing it seems like your questions are geared towards a tax evasive setup and if that is the case the IRS is gonna be up your

ass you wait (but I bet you know this). Also secondly once you get your BTC and profit say you dont think the IRS is going to wonder where all this money came from? Pay your taxes man it will be a lot easier than this headache

and constant worry imho. Choice is yours though.

happybanana (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:12:42 AM

I mean you could but IF you live in the USA I would suggest doing none of those things. For one thing it seems like your questions are geared towards a tax evasive setup and if that is the case the IRS is gonna be up your

ass you wait (but I bet you know this). Also secondly once you get your BTC and profit say you dont think the IRS is going to wonder where all this money came from? Pay your taxes man it will be a lot easier than this headache

and constant worry imho. Choice is yours though.

I don't understand why you felt it necessary to conjure up that fantasy.  If you must know, I had my identity stolen once and do not care to upload photo IDs to every stranger on the internet. Sorry if that offends you, but some of us old farts are pretty skeptical. 
dertre

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:22:24 AM

Thanks - please be kind.  I am new and still learning.  I have not yet bought any BTC of course.  

Wallets don`t want your ID. Use any wallet that is "offline" and you have access to the private key.
You can buy BTC from kraken. The first 2 tears you can write whatever you want (the 4 tier request you to submit your ID).
emalithcrypto

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 07:10:28 AM

when you trade some exchange ,it needs to be confirmed. then you need a Photo ID. if you have driving licence in English it will be accepted. otherwise, you can use passport. I think passport is most suitable way to confirm.

Kryptowolf512

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 07:50:42 AM

Yeah, it is possible but you have a limit like 100$ in a week or so. Depends on the page you are trading on
hweatherlight

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:24:36 AM

Depending on the bitcoin exchange you use, the rules also varies, but most of them gives you ability to trade up to 100$ w/o ID, however you are also limited by transfer of money options to/from your account. Verification process takes about 2-3 days in most exchanges, then the limit is lifted up to 1000 $ or so.
jailtonjunior

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:07:33 AM

you can buy bitcoin from other person but becareful
m_01

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:32:21 AM

Photo ID is not required for dealing with BTC. I have heard some exchange takes live photo while opening account.
richlipkin

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:38:41 AM

You could try to find someone who will sell to you informally, like on localbtc.

Depending on where you live, you can also buy some BTC at an ATM without providing ID, but the limits are low, like $800/day where I live.

So you have a few options, but if you want to buy major amounts, it's best to use a real exchange that will require ID.
yanxiaoyu5008

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:16:42 PM

I have similar questions with you, but I still can not find what should I do.
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:05:55 PM

You could do whole transactions without it cause those things are require on only some wallets cause their rules are like that.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
t3hpwnographer

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 06:15:38 PM

https://localbitcoins.com/ lets you buy bitcoin directly from other people through things like cash deposit or even gift card codes. Just make sure you go with someone with an established good reputation.

Then as long as you're not interested in buying/selling on an exchange, you'll be set up with your BTC without needing any personal information at all.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:43:24 PM

https://localbitcoins.com/ lets you buy bitcoin directly from other people through things like cash deposit or even gift card codes. Just make sure you go with someone with an established good reputation.

Then as long as you're not interested in buying/selling on an exchange, you'll be set up with your BTC without needing any personal information at all.

I second this and can vouch for it too. It's a great site I use it all the time. There many traders and good rates. Easy to use and simple interface. Safe and has escrow protection and reputation as well. You can buy and sell without giving much personal info as well which is nice. Giving info just makes your account more secure and others will trust you more.

RussIT99

Activity: 61

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:06:13 AM

You could mine alt coins with a GPU and then convert to BTC there is then no need for ID
Dewao

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

Qravity is a decentralized content production and

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:57:15 AM

It is possible but it has limit, its only 100 usd , but i use bitcoin to buy and to pay my bills and i don't have id ,i Only use my wallet to pay the bills.
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:26:06 AM

Thanks - please be kind.  I am new and still learning.  I have not yet bought BTC.  
It is decentralized so you can join bitcoin not necessarily having that credentials to qualify or joining bitcoin. All you need is enough funds to save it from your wallet and hopefully it will grow unexpectedly over time . Learn how bitcoin works and how it increases the value over some times .
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:48:13 AM

I agree, identity theft is a real concern. I don't trust many of the bitcoin exchanges to store my data and prevent it from being stolen, so I'm very careful about how I approach services that enforce AML/KYC (anti money laundering and know-your-customer) policies.

On the first point: With the Bitcoin protocol itself (your wallet), you never need to provide ID. It's completely decentralized and peer-to-peer. No government intrusion.

On the second point: This is a bit trickier. You can buy BTC on LocalBitcoins, but it's getting harder and harder to buy with cash and without ID. In places like the US and western Europe, regulators and police are pressuring high volume LBC traders to act in compliance with money transmitter laws. So they've started asking for ID.

This is one reason why I really like to earn BTC and hold it, wherever possible. I hate forking over my documents.....

TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:25:33 PM

yes its possible i f you will buyit P2P or buy btc from the person you know and you can use wallet that is not required for KYC and you have the private key.
i dont know any regulation about the US but in our country you can buy BTC even without KYC

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: