Bitcoin Forum
November 17, 2018, 12:20:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcore core shut down my internet  (Read 754 times)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1295

I don't merit Spambies

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 06:28:25 PM

Find a friend who runs Bitcoin core, and copy the blockchain onto an SD card, or external SSD. Download core, and point it to the SSD drive, or copy the SD card onto your hard drive, and use the copy. Core handles that without any problems. If you don't want your ISP to know you run Bitcoin, then install core on a netbook with the SSD, and synchronise at your nearest McDonalds or other WiFi restaurant.

I'm starting to plan my Crypto Coin Tree speculation club

Send me a PM if you would be interested in taking part in the initial planning.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1251

https://unblur.ninja =>lightning network testsite

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 07:52:10 AM

Wow never experienced something like that with my bitcore core .. maybe it's some sort of net neutrality already enforced ?

If they actually did this, it would be the exact oposite of net neutrality:

https://www.savetheinternet.com/net-neutrality-what-you-need-know-now

Net Neutrality is the internet’s guiding principle: It preserves our right to communicate freely online.

Net Neutrality means an internet that enables and protects free speech. It means that ISPs should provide us with open networks — and shouldn’t block or discriminate against any applications or content that ride over those networks. Just as your phone company shouldn’t decide who you call and what you say on that call, your ISP shouldn’t interfere with the content you view or post online.

Without Net Neutrality, cable and phone companies could carve the internet into fast and slow lanes. An ISP could slow down its competitors’ content or block political opinions it disagreed with. ISPs could charge extra fees to the few content companies that could afford to pay for preferential treatment — relegating everyone else to a slower tier of service. This would destroy the open internet.

So IF the isp was actually traffic shaping or blocking, it would certainly not be "enforcing net neutrality".

But, it looks like the OP just maxed out his monthly cap, so it has not much to do with net neutrality in the end.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.