Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:42:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] [30/50] Australian ASICMINER USB Block Erupter Group Buy  (Read 4360 times)
daemondazz (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 04:48:48 AM

I've just done a purchase of BTC through Bit Trade Australia to fund some of my own USB sticks and the process was very simple and smooth:

10.54am - lodge buy request on at btradeaustralia.com
12.24pm - deposit cash over the counter at a Commonwealth branch
1.34pm   - receive confirmation email deposit has been received and to allow up to 4 hours for transfer
1.57pm   - receive transfer performed email and payment is in my wallet with 1 confirmation

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:35:44 AM

hi

i'm interested in purchasing a few. 
any word on when they might be available again?

also, I need to convert AUD to BTC beforehand.  Probably try Bit Trade Australia.

Cheers
daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:40:14 AM

I emailed ASICMINER on Tuesday, but have not had a reply as yet. I believe that the new blades will be availabel from the 10th, so I believe it is reasonable to believe that the USB sticks should be back in stock around the same time.

PM me if you do want to go ahead with commiting and I'll send you a payment address.

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:08:46 AM

I will start with 10 Block Erupters, and convert AUD to BTC tomorrow.

If they are available on 10th July then when could we expect them in Australia?  Have you imported these before to Australia?

I will PM you tomorrow for your address.

Thanks.
daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:13:47 AM

If they are available on 10th July then when could we expect them in Australia?  Have you imported these before to Australia?

I would expect it will take around a week from when they are shipped by ASICMINER until you have them based on other people experiences. I haven't imported any directly as yet (this is my first GB) but that's around about what the units I order from an NZ buy took.

daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:38:05 AM

Order Status
We are currently up to 24 out of minimum 50 units required (with another 19 units people have expressed an interest but not paid for yet).

Trillium

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:24:29 AM

I am very interested in these couple of Aussie group buys but unfortunately with the new hardware announcement due in under a week (10th) and that you havent had order response from friedcat I will have to pass this time. If you are not getting a response I can only assume this means that as per his posts on other threads that this means there indeed is no stock available right now.

Also a suggestion for another BTC trading company I have used with success was Coinjar, specifically their 'Coinjar filler' service. They accept cash deposits at several of the major banks (Commonwealth bank is their bank, use that for fastest transfer) but one problem is that for the first deposit it cannot exceed $100 AUD, but 7 days after the first deposit they increase this limit to $500. Their fee is 2% which is better than 5.9% on your suggestion and also the turn around time if deposited at a commonwealth bank seems to be usually 1 hour (it was for me too). It's also more or less anonymous as the bank didn't take any of my details, which some buyers might prefer instead of associating themselves with trading BTC as you will do if you buy BTC with a transfer from your bank account (look at what happened with technocash etc). You do have to confirm a mobile number via sms with Coinjar though.

I will monitor this thread because I will probably order some if you or one of the other Aussie group buy organisers can secure an order.

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:57:12 AM

Thanks Trillium. I have seen the coinjar service but as you say, the initial limit of $100 means that it's only good for buying 1 stick initially, which is less than most people seem to want (average is around 5 so far). I do agree that once you've built the trust past the $100 or $500 limit that it looks like a really good option!

daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:58:50 AM

Still no response from Friedcat, and we are't quite at the number required to place an order anyway, so I am going to leave the groupbuy open longer. With the announcement expected on Wednesday, hopefully that brings some good news for buyers (price drop, increase in hashing speed, etc).

Order Status
We are currently up to 31 out of minimum 50 units required.

shermozle

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:45:44 AM

Still no response from Friedcat, and we are't quite at the number required to place an order anyway, so I am going to leave the groupbuy open longer. With the announcement expected on Wednesday, hopefully that brings some good news for buyers (price drop, increase in hashing speed, etc).

I'm okay with that. Wait until Wednesday and you can offer either refund or adjustment if it's something related to the Block Erupter. Given demand, I suspect we won't see a price drop but you never know.
daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 10:05:19 AM

Given demand, I suspect we won't see a price drop but you never know.

You might be right, but I'm figuring that if they announce a new blade and/or mini-blade, they are still going to have to make the USB sticks almost competitive on a $/hashrate basis. At the moment they are approximately BTC3/GH.

I'd expect that if the new blades were priced at say BTC1/GH or lower (say BTC10 for a 10GH/s blade, then they'd need to make the sticks around BTC2/GH (say around BTC0.75 each) or no-one will buy them.

daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:00:24 AM

There is an (unconfirmed) report in another thread that the USB sticks are back in stock. Still waiting on an confirmation from friedcat on this point.

I have also requested a payment address from ASICMINER, so as soon as we reach our threshold I can place the order.

daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:02:47 AM

GROUP BUY IS ON HOLD: I've placed this on hold until I've heard back from ASICMINER or friedcat. Nearly three weeks after attempting to make contact and I have not heard anything back at all, which is very disappointing since at one stage we were 4 Erupters away from fulfilling the order.

Order Status
We are currently up to 26 out of minimum 50 units required.

daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:07:48 AM

Australian ASICMINER USB Block Erupter Group Buy

GROUP BUY IS NOW CLOSED
I was very kindly approached by another group buy operator who offered to bundle the orders I have to date with his order. I have taken this option and payment has been sent, so this buy is now closed. I will cover the difference in the shipping cost compared to buying direct from ASICMINER, so the price should be the same for my purchasers. The final tally was 30 Erupters ordered.

Order Status
An order has been placed for 30 USB Erupters.

daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:23:46 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2013, 01:28:33 AM by daemondazz

I have received a tracking number for this from the seller. Expecting delivery in about a week, so unless there are any issues buyers should have the Erupters in their hands late next week.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: