Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:16:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com  (Read 87603 times)
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 07:40:09 PM

I still think everyone that has made an order has took a huge risk.

It is more safe to wait till March, when the first batch is supposed to be delivered to first customers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SoggyStargazer

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:45:23 PM

It is more safe to wait till March, when the first batch is supposed to be delivered to first customers.

Absolutely.

My buddies were like "NEW MINERS NEW MINERS" MOQ of 5 tho....
I had the BTC accessible to buy, we figured out the per unit cost and they all sent me BTC to cover their portion that I fronted.

I'll end up with 2 (if they exist/ship).

Yes.

it absolutely was an impulse buy and I was getting that sick feeling in my stomach when I started doing deeper research.  How could I have been so dumb.

I was emotional.  I had just jumped through the hoops to buy S9s, here was something "better", and I wanted in.
I will either learn a very valuable lesson, or get very lucky.

Time will tell.
elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:53:54 PM

Okay, new user to bitcointalk, into bitcoin since 2010 (see other contact info for signed message from my original wallet)

I bought 10, two orders 321 and 369

I will admit it was a bit of an impulse buy driven by some peer pressure from my local group of crypto nerds.

I did CPU mining back in 2010, got my coins and then did other stuff.
Got back into BTC in the last 2 years with the mindset that mining wasn't worth it.

Started running numbers in august of last year, decided to do a small POC mine since this stuff scales pretty well.
Ordered 3 S9s beginning of nov, ordered 10 T16s before thanksgiving, 2 more S9s just after TG.

I have 3 S9s up right now, 2 more sitting in my basement ready for when my electric panel gets upgraded in two weeks.

None of these were supposed to show up until the end of the month, hence my lack of preparedness for them at this time.

I really hope this isn't a scam.  Its not like I can't afford to lose the invested BTC (I mean it would suck but its not going to change my life really either way)

My father lives in West Allis about 20 minutes from Brookfield.  After telling him about my endeavors, he wanted to buy in (Hence the two additional S9s ordered after thanksgiving).  I may reach out to him to see if he wants to take a trip to see scotty.

I know my reputation is non-existent on the forum and I was debating even chiming in but felt like getting involved since I have skin in this game now.

would be ideal for a known forum member to go check these out

I was lucky enough to get the flu this week and have to cancel my trip to Wisconsin  Cry

t.me/bitcoinasic
score1more

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:34:31 PM

I agree.

I've said that I don't doubt that a small production run of miners from Halong exist.  1 or 10 or however many you want to debate - my issue is why the three month wait?  To me, that means they're selling shit they haven't even produced yet.  Or if they have produced them, they're being burned-in BFL style for the next three months before they're late to ship.  This way, the difficulty level will change, and...oh there's a testnet for burn in?  Nah...

At least with a Bitmain preorder, you have some amount of confidence they'll deliver based on their past performance.  Halong is just another nobody in this niche market.
nadeaup

Activity: 94
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:55:03 PM

Well that is a little scary. Just ordered 5 with PSUs. Hope this works out! Over 3,500 orders now.
Don't get offended.. but why all that already take the risk is newbie accounts?
I never saw the proof they really buying it too lol..

Not really a newbie, been mining since 2013 and been a member here since August 20, 2014. Just don't post that often. I have lost plenty over the years (LTCGear, GAW Miners and others) as much as $16k at a time Sad BUT I have also made plenty. Overall I am at over 24,000%+ return on my original investment when I started mining in early 2013... So it's a risk, it may work out, it may not but if works out, it could be a great gamble if I can get those very efficient miners early in their life cycle. Great ROI potential IF it hits.

Right now I have 400Amps of electricity waiting to be used with only a little over 100Amps in use - I need more miners! Bitmain has been great but I really do want to see much more diversity in our ASIC production we are far too dependent geographically and I consider that a risk for our broader crypto ecosystem.

For me the risk is fine. Sure i'll be sad if it doesn't workout out, but big rewards come with risk taking. Just don't EVER risk funds you need to live!!!

-nadeaup
krisgt30

Activity: 461
Merit: 306

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 09:45:33 PM

I sent them a message 24 hours ago after placing an order (but not sending any btc) asking them if they were willing to accept a protected way to send them money (eg Paypal) via invoice. I told them because I have been mining since 2015 and have not seen nor met one person with one of these devices (even as a test unit). I informed them I would be more than glad to make the payment for ten units in a secure manner.  I got zero response. Surprise surprise.

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:50:09 PM

For me the risk is fine. Sure i'll be sad if it doesn't workout out, but big rewards come with risk taking. Just don't EVER risk funds you need to live!!!

Why should there have to be this much risk? If these machines exist why isn't there more evidence? More images? More testing? Some contact details? Some background?

I wouldn't buy a plastic screen protector for a dollar for my phone from a setup this shaky.

I'm unfamiliar with how the mining hardware market operates, but if this is acceptable procedure for its customers I can see why y'all get constantly raped.
krisgt30

Activity: 461
Merit: 306

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 09:55:07 PM

It’s not common. Usually only proven manufacturers switch to wire transfer/bitcoin after some time to avoid the fees associated with going through a credit card/debit card/PayPal type payment processing procedure. If they do only accept wire transactions, they usually are more than happy to show their facility in person and schedule face to face meetings with prospective clients. This wreaks of scam to me and the newb shill boys in this thread with their broken English don’t make it any better. The only thing that shocked me was to see Hotmine.io bite and buy some units themselves.

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
QuestionQuest

Activity: 263
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:09:07 PM

Why should there have to be this much risk? If these machines exist why isn't there more evidence? More images? More testing? Some contact details? Some background?

I wouldn't buy a plastic screen protector for a dollar for my phone from a setup this shaky.

I'm unfamiliar with how the mining hardware market operates, but if this is acceptable procedure for its customers I can see why y'all get constantly raped.

And the shit storm of scam screamers and disbelievers continues without any proof of the real facts.

They dont need advertisement. The want to reach the believers! To get it decentralized again.
It was the absolutly right decision they did.

And why put up more proof? Read my posting again (copy):

1) BTCdrak was almost not seen in big project on core because he was helping halong with the chip for almost a year.
https://twitter.com/btcdrak
https://github.com/btcdrak

2) Adam Back was reporting in his tweets. He did some confusion and the people who are screaming -Scam- got convinced in this moment, because he mentioned people in a tweet and said that they took the video, but they didnt.
So now nobody believes him that he SAW THE DRAGONMINT like he tweet it.
https://twitter.com/adam3us/status/933348194062360577

3) Samson Mow confirmed it in a short way the work on DragonMint / from Halong.
https://twitter.com/Excellion

All experts or blogger or old guys on crypto are suddenly just telling lies?

4) At the end Jan Braiins (Slushpool) solved the confusion about "the lie" of Adam Back. It was not a lie. He just said that Jan Braiins run the DragonMint in the rooms of Slushpool. And he tagged persons who belongs to slushpool (because of the location an Jan Braiins), but who did not make the video or where at the place at this time. So they answered this tweet that this not belongs to them or slushpool. Adam said sorry for the confusion, but nobody anymore listens.
So it is true! SLUSHPOOL had a testdevice (in the rooms of slushpool), but they cleary want to say that they dont belong to Halong in any way.

https://twitter.com/janbraiins

Comment of Jan Braiins to the test and video:
"The video that went public yesterday has been shot in our office. It's true that we have been testing this mining hardware. At the same time, we have to clarify that we are not anyhow connected with Halong mining."

The so called proof that the miner does not have the right hashrate in the video (CLI) but in the pool convinced the scam screamer again from lies. No - Jan Braiins explained this special software bug from ccminer which will run on the DragonMints. Which leads to the error on the statistics and which will be fixed on the first batch before delivery.

You really really need more proof?
Or suddenly BtcDrak, Adam Back, Samson Mow and the CEO of Slushpool Jan Braiiners turned into lying scammers.

It was Top Secret for the last months and end of January they promised new informations.
But they are smart if they stay with not giving any informations out. Competition (Bitmain) is watching them Wink

Stay tuned.

But for now if you going to be realistic. There is more evidence that the scam screamers are wrong and its real.

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###
castiel0504 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:11:27 PM

Let me paraphrase of word "proof". People don't need jackshit that contains "he said this, he said that, oposum did this, seagull did that". People need PHOTO, VIDEO proof, of unicorn working from independent people, that don't want to rig anything. I can say my mother has 43243247632487643289 of them in basement, but i can't show you because she will cut off my legs if i do it... Will you believe me?
QuestionQuest

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:18:38 PM

It’s not common. Usually only proven manufacturers switch to wire transfer/bitcoin after some time to avoid the fees associated with going through a credit card/debit card/PayPal type payment processing procedure. If they do only accept wire transactions, they usually are more than happy to show their facility in person and schedule face to face meetings with prospective clients. This wreaks of scam to me and the newb shill boys in this thread with their broken English don’t make it any better. The only thing that shocked me was to see Hotmine.io bite and buy some units themselves.

The first asic miners in the world where payable with Bitcoin, only.
I remember it was something between 70 and 80 Bitcoin each and it was possible to buy them for GPU miners who mined Bitcoin before only.
Or buying bitcoin (exchange) and then buy them.

So what is normal?

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###
QuestionQuest

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:23:38 PM

Let me paraphrase of word "proof". People don't need jackshit that contains "he said this, he said that, oposum did this, seagull did that". People need PHOTO, VIDEO proof, of unicorn working from independent people, that don't want to rig anything. I can say my mother has 43243247632487643289 of them in basement, but i can't show you because she will cut off my legs if i do it... Will you believe me?

I believe the CEO of Slushpool (Jan Braiiners) (he saw it and made the video for the community)
I believe Adam Back. (he never lied on crypto news)
I believe Samson Mow.
and
I believe in BtcDrak.

Waiting one someone to ring the door like this will not happen:
"Sir, here I am with a demonstration of a miner for your personal needs"

Like you see. They are sold out complete without informing you with a special demonstration for your wishes Smiley
Try to ask Bitmain something special and wait for an answer ... Smiley

HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 10:38:03 PM

I believe
the CEO of Slushpool (Jan Braiiners) (he saw it and made the video for the community)
I believe Samson Mow.
and
I believe in BtcDrak.

Like you see. They are sold out complete without informing you with a special demonstration for your wishes Smiley

Bitcoin mining is not a religion.

Proof and fact comes before believing in the product.

That's why my advice is to wait until March, when first customers are scheduled to get their miners delivered.

After they have proven themself, it is more safe to buy from them.

QuestionQuest

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:39:34 PM

I believe
the CEO of Slushpool (Jan Braiiners) (he saw it and made the video for the community)
I believe Samson Mow.
and
I believe in BtcDrak.

Bitcoin mining is not a religion.

Proof and fact comes before believing in the product.

And proof and fact was delievered. I dont repeat the name list a 3rd time Wink

HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 10:41:16 PM

I don't care about the name list.

Neither does anybody else in their right mind.

castiel0504 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:42:12 PM

Don't need to ask from Bitmain anything, because just by googling "S9" or "Antminer S9" i can find all reliable data, and use my brain and determine does it exist or not. Again when first batch date comes, we will see are we going to see BFL story all over again(havent been here during that time, but just by reading that you could come to your senses)
score1more

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:01:39 PM

I believe the CEO of Slushpool (Jan Braiiners) (he saw it and made the video for the community)
I believe Samson Mow.
and
I believe in BtcDrak.

And that, ladies and gentleman.  Is a perfect example of a psychological bias called the "confirmation bias" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
kotlarz

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:06:34 PM

I believe Samson Mow.
and
I believe in BtcDrak.

And that, ladies and gentleman.  Is a perfect example of a psychological bias called the "confirmation bias" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Hahaha, that's spot on  Cheesy
castiel0504 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:11:57 PM

It's not that we hate anyone that ordered, or we are trying to bash on Dragonmint, i would more describe "its the way of trying to protect people". If everything in the works out perfectly me/we(bashing people) will be glad and we can order from them. But if not, then its going to be big hit on the pocket of people that have ordered it. If i start to think that Purple flying oposum exists, i can find "facts" on google that will make my arguments valid...even if using common sense you know that that thing doesnt exist Cheesy
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 11:25:23 PM

Yeah already saw and changed it.  Roll Eyes Shocked  But anyways. I think the order number will not have an effect if shown. I have my login details Wink
Thank you for your post and the fast information on it. Was luck that I reviewed it before.

Your quote now is the only linking to the old pictures Tongue

i deleted it

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: