Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:06:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com  (Read 87603 times)
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 11:26:31 PM

@castiel0504
I agree.

For me this is about avoiding the situation where people lose their money.

Until more proof is released, I would advice not to make an order.

When they have confirmed themself, then I welcome them with open arms.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionQuest

Activity: 263
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:27:25 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 11:58:02 PM by QuestionQuest

Don't need to ask from Bitmain anything, because just by googling "S9" or "Antminer S9" i can find all reliable data, and use my brain and determine does it exist or not. Again when first batch date comes, we will see are we going to see BFL story all over again(havent been here during that time, but just by reading that you could come to your senses)

So following the one safe is the right way? Use a bank account and stocks maybe.

I am dreaming and crying since 2 years that there will be a company who defends the network from Bitmain.
Not that I say Bitmain is bad, but its bad that ONE is left, only.

They are trying to overtake the bitcoin network. First with BitcoinCash. Second with Segwit.
They were not successfull for now, but it weakend the community.

You all forgot the TRUE reason for BITCOINtalk. It was Bitcoin.
And those 100 people who believed in it without seeing a product are done today with Billions Smiley

Bitcoin IS and WAS a believing thing. Like money is today, too. (no gold to protect our money etc.)
But its not controlled by goverment, states or some individuals. But with mining it will get controlled by china.
A decentralized Bitcoin is best, but before there is a centralized china financial system I prefer our classic banking scam with Visa and Mastercard Tongue

You and the whole community had the option to BOOST and HELP a company which seems to be very authentic should be the duty and the faith of every user in here who is a believer to Bitcoin.
A company who is fighting for the rights of all of us. A company who is fighting to prevent the idea of Satoshi from overtaken.

Shame on everybody who is telling he is "INSIDE CRYPTO WORLD" and dont take care about what the named persons confirmed as proof of authentication of the product.

We need more decentralization. BCH is not giving it to us. They run 10% of the nodes of BTC!
If you really want a centralized system - just quit Crypto and go back to your bank or of course buy what is known only (Bitmain) and follow like a Lemming or Zombie.
That way of following THE ONE BIG lead us to the financial crisis with banks, houses, creditcards and many many more.
Even the Dot Com crash was made by stupid men following the hype, but not by the internet.
The internet was not a scam - its bigger (social and financial) and more important today then ever before.

Really think anout why you are in Bitcoin.
1) The profit (Ferengi)
2) The believing in a better world and the power back to users
3) Profit for now and believing in it including the power to the people.

I am honest to be the number 3, but as long as I have coins and money I will always support projects, pre-ico, ico, networks and companies doing in this spirit.
And I am doing this since 5 years (mining) and helping as a staff position here and there.

If you are right and its not a real product I will cry. Not because of the shitty 43.000 USD I lost. That is play money and worth the risk for a bigger goal.
I will cry because hope is gone! Hope for beeing a crowd of people with the power back in their hands. Hope for the people to breakout the financial systems or a leading (hail!) chief.
People are forgetting fast - me too - but I am always trying to remember the past or read it again. The time of demonstrations in the financial districts is not so long ago.
Anonymous and V are just a symbol for all of us.

I dont say that Bitmain is the evil, but the way they try to gain controll is dangerous.
Maybe YOU or YOU would do it the same way. Maybe I would do to maximize my power and winnings. That is the nature of human beeing.

When the shoeshine boys talk stocks it was a great sell signal in 1929 to sell all stocks. (John D. Rockefeller)

You sold all your Asic (S7) and mining rigs after the small crypto crash in summer 2016?
A lot of people did. In this time I bought so many used machines (S7) and a lot of GPU cards you cannot get anymore.
Cheap. Perfect. Fair Wink

If everybody knows its working and there is one left only, they controll everything.
Every Batch of Bitmain gets payed by us and they hold over 50% of machines.
And the last Machines S21 (whatever) will be not for sale Wink
Thats the end of the story ... I am with HALONG and if you are really believing in the main idea of Bitcoin you have to be, too.

Just think about it ...

Satoshi gave us the power to keep the power at the crowd and maybe its the biggest public experiment to show that at the end someone will controll all again because ALL made it again possible by following in a blind way with eyes shut.

"With crypto the power is back to the users. Now the users have to learn to keep care of the treasure they´ve got."
(summarized quotation of William Mougayar)

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:55:49 PM

I am dreaming and crying since 2 years that there will be a company who defends the network from Bitmain.

You act like bitmain is the only hardware company out there.

Currently active ASIC manufacturers:

Bitmain
Canaan Creative aka Avalon
Bitfury
BW
Whatsminer
Ebang

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
QuestionQuest

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:04:32 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 12:20:44 AM by QuestionQuest

You act like bitmain is the only hardware company out there.

Currently active ASIC manufacturers:

Bitmain
Canaan Creative aka Avalon
Bitfury
BW
Whatsminer
Ebang

Bitmain
Canaan Creative aka Avalon (not efficient enough to compete Bitmain)
Bitfury (Chip and Container selling, AND sold out chips, not ready in the box and efficient with watercooling container and overclocking only) -> Anybody ever saw such a BitFury Container? Me not :/
BW (interesting for Litecoin - but there is Hyperbit, too --- enough for Bitmains L3+ --- maybe)
Whatsminer (not efficent enough to compete Bitmain)
Ebang (not efficent enough to compete Bitmain)

... and you act like you never had one machine of them in the hand or have no idea of the calculation for mining hardware Wink Grin

Like you can see I gave you the answer in minutes after your post.
I dont have to compare or visit the site.

We can just talk about any miner on the market. Obelisk for SIA or DCR? Or maybe lets talk about the inefficient Baikal Miner for Blake.
Or lets talk about the option to save 30% power on my linux eth rigs by loosig 5-10% hashrate only. (under the line every day and week I have more profit)

So please dont tell me nuts about mining hardware and the companies who have parts (and are sold out always).

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###
krisgt30

Activity: 461
Merit: 306

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 12:07:57 AM

Questionquest is a clear shill...why you guys are biting to his replies I have no idea. For me personally I have purchased hotmine U6 kits and antminer s9s until something better hash per$/ per kw comes along.

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
QuestionQuest

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:16:41 AM

Questionquest is a clear shill...why you guys are biting to his replies I have no idea. For me personally I have purchased hotmine U6 kits and antminer s9s until something better hash per$/ per kw comes along.

Yeah. I get an understanding of giving the power to the people is maybe not good.
But from one of my most loved comics: "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"

That is why people like you needs a leader and just swimming with the tide. That are the people who will cry at the age of 65:
But I worked all my life ... and they told me that this is the right way to invest ... now everything is gone ... I trusted the goverment ... I lost everything .... (etc.)

You are not fullfilling the duty Bitcoin needs. We all can use bitcoin for free, but all have to keep care of the network. Its our own duty and not for free.

kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:57:42 AM

Yeah. I get an understanding of giving the power to the people is maybe not good.
But from one of my most loved comics: "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"

That is why people like you needs a leader and just swimming with the tide. That are the people who will cry at the age of 65:
But I worked all my life ... and they told me that this is the right way to invest ... now everything is gone ... I trusted the goverment ... I lost everything .... (etc.)

You are not fullfilling the duty Bitcoin needs. We all can use bitcoin for free, but all have to keep care of the network. Its our own duty and not for free.

I don't think he's a shill, I think he believes that Halongmining will deliver what they say they will. Fair enough if he wants to put his money on the line for that, it may pay off for him, it may not, but it doesn't make him a shill.

I personally was tempted to order them too, they sound like the silver bullet for the Bitmain werewolf, but at $11k minimum order it's just a bit too much of a risk for me personally before other people have them in hand and mining, already been burned by the vaporware miner (Alpha-T) and more recently by the MinerWarez pre-order just failing to deliver what they promised and both of those were a much smaller sum of money, I'd be losing my mind if it was $11k on the line. Too much stress for me, but I hope they are real and QuestionQuest gets his miners. It would be a great thing for the mining community it there was finally a viable alternative to the Bcash mafia. Smiley
elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:12:58 AM

Don't need to ask from Bitmain anything, because just by googling "S9" or "Antminer S9" i can find all reliable data, and use my brain and determine does it exist or not. Again when first batch date comes, we will see are we going to see BFL story all over again(havent been here during that time, but just by reading that you could come to your senses)

When the shoeshine boys talk stocks it was a great sell signal in 1929 to sell all stocks. (John D. Rockefeller)

Joe Kennedy said that, not Rockefeller   Tongue

t.me/bitcoinasic
dimaze

Activity: 181
Merit: 53

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:18:53 AM

Hi everyone,

As promised, I did visit Scott today at his home. I want to thank Scott for inviting me to his home, he has a great family and he was pleasant in person. I spent about right under two hours discussing with Scott his history and connection to Halong Mining. From a personal perspective, I did a fair amount of vetting on Scott, and he definitely checks out as a local with a substantial backhistory. I personally am a very private individual, and I would not share the amount of information Scott shared about himself to the general public. I commend Scott for putting his neck out to this level, this is certainly not something everyone can do.

I was able to witness the machine in person. The form factor is similar to the S9, but there were some distinct differences in the machine, such as indicators. Scott also removed the control board for me and I inspected the control board, which it did not appear to be a S9 board, although it appeared similar in form factor as well. Scott did not allow me to disassemble the unit to view the interior, but it was a 3-chain ASIC from visual inspection. The power consumption was checked with consumption monitor units Scott had on hand, which did reflect accordingly when Scott turned the units on and off.

Scott requested I do not take photographs of the unit or certain parts of the mining interface, which I respected. I reviewed the settings on one of the units, and it did indeed match up with the assigned IP address we were accessing the miner.

Scott indicated there were big announcements due later this month, some of which he shared with me. I will respect Scott & Halong and let him discuss that in this thread if he wishes to do so.

I pulled up my post on the forums and took a screenshot of my laptop next to Scott's:

While I did not fulfill my objective of disassembling the miner and fully documenting the interior parts, I visually was able to confirm that miner was there, existed, and was accurate to the specifications sheet advertised.

Some things I cannot completely verify. For instance, I do not know the exact communication in writing Scott had with Drak aside from what he verbally told me. I do not know what is inside the miner exactly, with reference to the ASIC chains. I understand how competitive this market is, and I also could understand certain subversive elements to control the market, which I can respect the discrete nature of not allowing such details to be publicly available.

What am I personally doing? I am readying my cold wallet to withdraw funds to make a bulk purchase from Halong. I personally feel comfortable making a large purchase with what I have seen. I'll likely make a separate post about my journey with this pre-order and document the fulfillment experience. If I lose it, it's a small portion of my net worth in cryptos, and I'm able to share my experience. I feel with btcDrak's history, the significant other individuals that have commented on this hardware, that it is a legitimate source of future mining hardware. My suggestion to everyone is DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE IN RESEARCHING THE COMPANY! Visit Scott and check out the hardware yourself. There is no guarantee to anything in life, aside from taxes and death. Every time I've placed big orders with Bitmain, I always think of a scenario where bitcoin miners are banned, or something happens to my miners that I've already paid for. This will be no different with my order with Halong. I'm normally a big purchaser of Bitmain products, but that will be on hold for this year as I take this plunge with Halong.

I'm both excited for the prospect -- this reminds me of my first Avalon purchase, and the same level of excitement I had from KNC when the Jupiters rolled around. I am at the same time mortified that there always exists a chance of my investment turning into nothing. I'm very glad that I'm close to Scott in proximity, he's literally 25 minutes away from me.

I understand this may not ease a lot of minds about Halong, but I invite you all to follow me in my journey as I place a large bulk order with Halong soon.

castiel0504 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:16:09 AM

WooW just WooooW.... Finally some if i can call them news.. Hopefully we can see some new announcements and rest of the info that "we need"... But i think this is good thing in comparison with last few days with all negativity here ^^
score1more

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:36:01 AM

You ever get that feeling in the pit of your stomach?  Like this is all too well-scripted?  And why...

Why is Scott doing PR stunts on bitcointalk for Halong mining?  I thought he was just working on the website and CRM?

Why'd Scott get a miner in the first place?  What about cash?  That's how most people like to be paid.  Are they long on miners and short on cash?  Why not sell some miners if that were the case?  (I hear the loud hum of other peoples miners working for someone else).

Why are all these people lining up out the door with different money that isn't as significant as the rest of their money?  I only got one kind of money, and it's the money that when I put it out there, I want it to come back stronger than it was before (Kevin Oleary rip off).  But that's the kind of money I have.

I don't know about all y'all's money but you certainly put it where your mouth is.  Let's see if a miner shows up.

You know what I mean?  That feeling?
dimaze

Activity: 181
Merit: 53

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:49:29 AM

You ever get that feeling in the pit of your stomach?  Like this is all too well-scripted?  And why...

Why is Scott doing PR stunts on bitcointalk for Halong mining?  I thought he was just working on the website and CRM?

Why'd Scott get a miner in the first place?  What about cash?  That's how most people like to be paid.  Are they long on miners and short on cash?  Why not sell some miners if that were the case?  (I hear the loud hum of other peoples miners working for someone else).

Why are all these people lining up out the door with different money that isn't as significant as the rest of their money?  I only got one kind of money, and it's the money that when I put it out there, I want it to come back stronger than it was before (Kevin Oleary rip off).  But that's the kind of money I have.

I don't know about all y'all's money but you certainly put it where your mouth is.  Let's see if a miner shows up.

You know what I mean?  That feeling?

It is exciting, and mortifying at the same time. I compare the feeling to the early avalon batches along with the first KNC Miner batches. I was not this excited about BFL or the initial Bitmain orders. Honestly, if Scott had not lived close to me so I could test these prototypes out and meet him in person, I would not order this until it was confirmed. As such, I suggest everyone to do their due diligence. I've done mine, and have made up my mind. If you are on the fence, visit him and check out the miner in person! Otherwise, just let others take the risk and confirm if it actually pulls through or not. I hope it certainly does, as the market could use some healthy competition. Competition always makes manufacturers be leaner on all aspects, which is better for the consumer.

offordscott
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:32:54 AM

Sorry guys. I didn’t see the notifications that people were replying on this thread.  I did three demos today. All three people appeared pleased with what they saw. I can’t speak for them, but if they want to share a bit here about their visit, they are welcome to tell everyone if any or most of their concerns were addressed through the visit.
offordscott
Copper Member

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:36:25 AM

Amen!! Preach that old time religion, brotha!

That's why my advice is to wait until March, when first customers are scheduled to get their miners delivered.

After they have proven themself, it is more safe to buy from them.
offordscott
Copper Member

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:42:35 AM

This might offend any eBay Power sellers present... but,

Buy your miners direct from the manufacturer. Don’t by them for 2-3x the price on eBay. And especially don’t buy from a site that is not verifiably a real distributor if you can’t by direct from the manufacturer or are too impatient to wait for the “next batch”. It’s never good business practice to buy expensive equipment in hopes of making profit faster or sooner.

In mining, it’s all about the margins. Buying $5,000 antminers (for example) now will get you on the road to bringing in revenue in the short run, but in the long run, it’s just good business practice to wait and be patient.

Your gear will last longer and be more profitable for you for a longer period of time if you buy direct from the manufacturer. Plus, you’ll sleep better at night knowing that you can get your miners serviced under warranty when you buy from a legitimate manufacturer or official distributor/reseller.

There's a lot on Ebay you won't like the price.
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:07:16 AM

I got email saying available, but when I viewed web page it wasn't possible to buy even thou it still said available.
WHAT THE?Huh

Use another browser ...

first thing I tried but same.
I tweeted them and they replied 'sold out'.

I'm starting to think I'll win the lottery before I can buy a miner  Angry Undecided
I know they sell out fast but this is beyond crazy.

Yeah. Seems to be sold out.
Well 1000 orders in 12 hours I know. (24 hours it was online ...)
Each order min. 5x ...
They sold 5000 to 10.000 pcs I guess - maybe even more if people are as crazy like me Tongue

just to let everyone know how this went down for me.

I view web site and said 'unavailable' so I clicked 'waitlist'
A few seconds later I received email saying 'back in stock' so I immediately clicked it where it said 'available' but no button to purchase.
I tweeted them and they said 'sold out'.

This all happen in a few seconds.
I'm finding it all a bit hard to believe like they're playing a joke on me.

Anyone else experience this?

I am NOT trying to be an asshole by writing this but:

IF IT is a scam:

This means they are "on their way out". Their telegram have a few hundred people only. They are not that popular or hot...how does it sell out so fast when it didnt before zzzz.

I suspect they sold very little or most probably sold nothing this round. They juz pretend to sell. Thats why u cant buy....to delay things as they cashout the money in fiat. They dont want more "buyers" complaining later.

I used to speculate on hyips back then. The only HYIPs that get investigated are the really popular ones with alot of victims like 12dailypro,etc.
Thus, by limiting the amount of victims, it should be unlikely to be investigated.

As for blame;

Scott - juz an admin, not even a sales rep (as he says) not his fault. (I have nothing against u buddy)
Adam back -he can claim to be a victim...true or not, no one knows
Btcdrak - no one knows who this fellow is. His real name,etc. He is anonymous and can dissapear. There is some reddit thread about him creating an alt coin for easy money in the past... we do not know if that is true or not
Slushpool - they already mention they do not endorse it and they sort of retract their initial statement. They are also not sure. The vid was done in their office but they arent sure how legit it is either...(if there was another machine running on that worker while it was in the office)

And by april, these people would be gone and probably feel they have covered their tracks well. No investigation done as victims are not too many....only so many voices are complaining. If they sold 1 unit per person, they may have 5 times more victims and those voices may actually reach the ears of authorities. Thus, it is smart to have 1000+ orders on a single person, if possible. More money in the bank, only 1 more voice complaining.

Also the webbie terms kinda says they are not responsible if things go wrong haha. Futuee halong mining sales should be open and closed very fast also i would think. Hmmm in april, they might delay things more and may and then maybe june, etc.

--------------------
And IF halong is not a scam:

Then, it is juz plain weird they way they act and I can go eat my shoes lol.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
QuestionQuest

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:14:40 AM

I got email saying available, but when I viewed web page it wasn't possible to buy even thou it still said available.
WHAT THE?Huh

Use another browser ...

first thing I tried but same.
I tweeted them and they replied 'sold out'.

I'm starting to think I'll win the lottery before I can buy a miner  Angry Undecided
I know they sell out fast but this is beyond crazy.

Yeah. Seems to be sold out.
Well 1000 orders in 12 hours I know. (24 hours it was online ...)
Each order min. 5x ...
They sold 5000 to 10.000 pcs I guess - maybe even more if people are as crazy like me Tongue

just to let everyone know how this went down for me.

I view web site and said 'unavailable' so I clicked 'waitlist'
A few seconds later I received email saying 'back in stock' so I immediately clicked it where it said 'available' but no button to purchase.
I tweeted them and they said 'sold out'.

This all happen in a few seconds.
I'm finding it all a bit hard to believe like they're playing a joke on me.

Anyone else experience this?

I am NOT trying to be an asshole by writing thoi but:

IF IT is a scam:

Thais means they are "on their way out". Their telegram have a few hundred people only. They are not that popular or hot...how does it sell out so fast when it didnt before zzzz.

I suspect they sold very little or most probably sold nothing this round. They juz pretend to sell. Thats why u cant buy....to delay things as they cashout the money. They dont want more "buyers" complaining later.

I used to speculate on hyips back then. The only HYIPs that get investigated are the really popular ones with alot of victims like 12dailypro,etc.
Thus, by limiting the amount of victims, it should be unlikely to be investigated.

As for blame;

Scott - juz an admin, not even a sales rep (as he says) not his fault. (I have nothing against u buddy)
Adam back -he can claim to be a victim...true or not no one knows
Btcdrak - no one knows who this fellow is. His real name,etc. He is anonymous and can dissapear. There is some reddit thread about him creating an alt coin for easy money in the past....also we do not know true or not.
Slushpool - they already mention they do not endorse it and they sort of retract their initial statement. They are also not sure. The vid was done in their office but they arent sure how legit it is either...

And by april, these people would be gone and probably feel they have covered their tracks well. No investigation done as victims are not too many....only so many voices are complaining. If they sold 1 unit per person, they may have 5 times more victims and those voices may actually reach the ears of authorities. Thus, it is smart to have 1000+ orders on a single person, if possible. More money in the bank, less voices.

Also the webbie terms kinda says they are not responsible if things go wrong haha. Futuee halong mining sales should be open and closed very fast also i would think.

--------------------
And IF halong is not a scam:

Then, it is juz plain weird they way they act and I can go eat my shoes lol.

Not everything is right, but a lot.
But sometimes just a pinch can change it.

Jan Braiiners official give an statement to the DragonMint 16T and that HE SHOT the video inside the rooms of SlushPool.
How to fake it? Putting in more chips will lead to more power consumption.
All the work for a scam? There are more easy ways.

What is really left for the conspiracy hunters:
They build up this demo for scamming the nation and they never will produce it.

Everything else got proofed. Everything else I asked the people directly who are involved.
And I now got official contact with Halong and a nice good answer.

More information will be coming out in the next few weeks. Hang tight.

And why they should answer right now?
If its a scam they wont answer anymore and keep care.

I wished all people who once said SCAM to Bitcoin would be forbidden to deal with them for 10 years.
That are those people laughing at me since years.
Same people who called me last year all the time and asking me if its time to invest.
Yes it was time, but I said them -NO- because I dont want shitbags in the network Tongue

Thats how Crypto is working. The scam is not the network. Its you, the non-believer, money-vultures and profit hunters  Grin
And I will always give the right people the right answer in my point of view.

Anyways what I am writing is always with a proof and I could show the eMail vom Mr. R.H. from Halong.
The message from Halong had more content, but ... its not time yet Smiley

QuestionQuest

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:33:58 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 12:51:34 PM by QuestionQuest

Hi everyone,

As promised, I did visit Scott today at his home. I want to thank Scott for inviting me to his home, he has a great family and he was pleasant in person. I spent about right under two hours discussing with Scott his history and connection to Halong Mining. From a personal perspective, I did a fair amount of vetting on Scott, and he definitely checks out as a local with a substantial backhistory. I personally am a very private individual, and I would not share the amount of information Scott shared about himself to the general public. I commend Scott for putting his neck out to this level, this is certainly not something everyone can do.

I was able to witness the machine in person. The form factor is similar to the S9, but there were some distinct differences in the machine, such as indicators. Scott also removed the control board for me and I inspected the control board, which it did not appear to be a S9 board, although it appeared similar in form factor as well. Scott did not allow me to disassemble the unit to view the interior, but it was a 3-chain ASIC from visual inspection. The power consumption was checked with consumption monitor units Scott had on hand, which did reflect accordingly when Scott turned the units on and off.

Scott requested I do not take photographs of the unit or certain parts of the mining interface, which I respected. I reviewed the settings on one of the units, and it did indeed match up with the assigned IP address we were accessing the miner.

Scott indicated there were big announcements due later this month, some of which he shared with me. I will respect Scott & Halong and let him discuss that in this thread if he wishes to do so.

I pulled up my post on the forums and took a screenshot of my laptop next to Scott's:

While I did not fulfill my objective of disassembling the miner and fully documenting the interior parts, I visually was able to confirm that miner was there, existed, and was accurate to the specifications sheet advertised.

Some things I cannot completely verify. For instance, I do not know the exact communication in writing Scott had with Drak aside from what he verbally told me. I do not know what is inside the miner exactly, with reference to the ASIC chains. I understand how competitive this market is, and I also could understand certain subversive elements to control the market, which I can respect the discrete nature of not allowing such details to be publicly available.

What am I personally doing? I am readying my cold wallet to withdraw funds to make a bulk purchase from Halong. I personally feel comfortable making a large purchase with what I have seen. I'll likely make a separate post about my journey with this pre-order and document the fulfillment experience. If I lose it, it's a small portion of my net worth in cryptos, and I'm able to share my experience. I feel with btcDrak's history, the significant other individuals that have commented on this hardware, that it is a legitimate source of future mining hardware. My suggestion to everyone is DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE IN RESEARCHING THE COMPANY! Visit Scott and check out the hardware yourself. There is no guarantee to anything in life, aside from taxes and death. Every time I've placed big orders with Bitmain, I always think of a scenario where bitcoin miners are banned, or something happens to my miners that I've already paid for. This will be no different with my order with Halong. I'm normally a big purchaser of Bitmain products, but that will be on hold for this year as I take this plunge with Halong.

I'm both excited for the prospect -- this reminds me of my first Avalon purchase, and the same level of excitement I had from KNC when the Jupiters rolled around. I am at the same time mortified that there always exists a chance of my investment turning into nothing. I'm very glad that I'm close to Scott in proximity, he's literally 25 minutes away from me.

I understand this may not ease a lot of minds about Halong, but I invite you all to follow me in my journey as I place a large bulk order with Halong soon.

Thank you for this post. I am crying in here since page 34 and giving proofs.
Lets see what the scam screamers now will find what is fake, not real or whatever Wink

I have a picture reflecting 99% of this thread Tongue

https://ibb.co/h5CYhR

todualex

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:08:47 PM

Hi everyone,

https://i.imgur.com/dclVKAi.jpg

Thank you and to Scott. Everything is clear. Idea of mining and crypto is based on believe. at this moment, we (personally me) have much more than that so please stop posting scammy posts and wasting so much time yours and ours.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:28:25 PM

Hi everyone,

Thank you and to Scott. Everything is clear. The idea of mining and crypto is based on belief, at this moment, we (personally me) have much more than that so please stop posting scammy posts and wasting so much time yours and ours.

and....I still call this a scam.....I mean .....we have folk (legit folk on bitcointalk) who have taken a leap of faith and ordered...but am I correct to hear that it is March or April
delivery ....even if they DO exist?

IF by the by these units DO exist (and or others, I hear rumors of) then we all better start praying to the ASIC gods for LTC and scrypt pow to pump in price...or they will make

very nice doorstops indeed..... Smiley

but again, still calling it a scam..thou I too would like to believe in fairies...hope for those who have ordered I am incorrect...but just can't see this as not a scam....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: