Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:07:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com  (Read 87603 times)
offordscott
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:41:24 PM

It's not enough just to ship out miners. We need to know you are not illegitimate operators.

If you buy a DragonMint miner from MyRig, you'll receive an invoice that shows the company's official info. Dr. Mann, are you a buyer or just making noise?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ReadyPlayer1

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:44:53 PM

Myrig:
Minami 9 Jo Dori 26 Chome 589-57, Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan 078-8339

telephone number:
0166-74-6033

https:// goo . gl /maps/nU5wJJD2sxR2
zerobias

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:17:18 PM

Myrig:

telephone number:
0166-74-6033

can confirm the address was the same on my invoice,  but so what?
this same address is up years on myrig.com https://myrig.com/contacts/

obviously myrig’s address in Colorado it’s just a mail forward service , you didn’t know such  exist?
Dr.Mann

Activity: 42
Merit: 120

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:18:44 PM
Merited by frodocooper (5)

It's not enough just to ship out miners. We need to know you are not illegitimate operators.
If you buy a DragonMint miner from MyRig, you'll receive an invoice that shows the company's official info. Dr. Mann, are you a buyer or just making noise?

Please help me make sure I understand you correctly: If someone wants to conduct due diligence on "MyRig, Inc." that person must first buy from MyRig to see the company's official info? That's not reasonable. That's not how it works. The entire point of due diligence is to determine if the company is worthy of doing business with in the first place. In conducting my due diligence, I've relied on the info about its legal status that MyRig has posted on its web site (see: https://myrig.com/terms-of-use). Legitimate operators tend to post their information on such pages, and not wait to disclose it until after the sale. The information MyRig shows on its terms of use page cannot be confirmed with the Colorado Secretary of State. Specifically, I am talking about the fact that "MyRig, Inc." holds itself out as a Colorado corporation, hence the significance of using the abbreviation "Inc." in its name, which carries important legal significance. I've made this point a number of times on this thread, but MyRig and Halong have chosen not to address it, which has raised concerns among would-be buyers and those who bought in the pre-sale, including myself.

I have purchased a number of DragonMint T1 units directly from Halong Mining (April Batch 2). I assure you I am not "just making noise." I have no stake in the game other than to help people make informed decisions and to try to achieve some peace of mind for myself by receiving some info about Halong's legitimacy (or lack thereof).  Halong points to its relationship with MyRig as evidence of its legitimacy, so MyRig naturally should fall under same due diligence umbrella when investigating Halong.

I would love for Halong and MyRig to address these legitimate and lingering concerns once and for all and get on with being above-board operators.

offordscott
Copper Member

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:25:47 PM

If you want to do due diligence on a company, you can easily get a sales agreeement from them. It doesn’t mean you need to send money to the company. After reviewing a sales agreement, you can then consider the terms and make your decision.
ReadyPlayer1

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:28:43 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 04:15:39 AM by frodocooper

Please help me make sure I understand you correctly: If someone wants to conduct due diligence on "MyRig, Inc." that person must first buy from MyRig to see the company's official info? That's not reasonable. That's not how it works. The entire point of due diligence is to determine if the company is worthy of doing business with in the first place. In conducting my due diligence, I've relied on the info about its legal status that MyRig has posted on its web site (see: https://myrig.com/terms-of-use). Legitimate operators tend to post their information on such pages, and not wait to disclose it until after the sale. The information MyRig shows on its terms of use page cannot be confirmed with the Colorado Secretary of State. Specifically, I am talking about the fact that "MyRig, Inc." holds itself out as a Colorado corporation, hence the significance of using the abbreviation "Inc." in its name, which carries important legal significance. I've made this point a number of times on this thread, but MyRig and Halong have chosen not to address it, which has raised concerns among would-be buyers and those who bought in the pre-sale, including myself.

I have purchased a number of DragonMint T1 units directly from Halong Mining (April Batch 2). I assure you I am not "just making noise." I have no stake in the game other than to help people make informed decisions and to try to achieve some peace of mind for myself by receiving some info about Halong's legitimacy (or lack thereof).  Halong points to its relationship with MyRig as evidence of its legitimacy, so MyRig naturally should fall under same due diligence umbrella when investigating Halong.

I would love for Halong and MyRig to address these legitimate and lingering concerns once and for all and get on with being above-board operators.

You're assuming all businesses are incorporated in USA. I think MyRig is Japanese or Russian.

Inc. could just be a translation for what ever the designation is in those countries.

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove nested quotes.
Dr.Mann

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:33:27 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 09:52:25 PM by Dr.Mann
Merited by frodocooper (1)

Myrig:

telephone number:
0166-74-6033

Thank you. This information is listed on MyRig's "Contact" page on its site. Please realize that it demonstrates nothing about MyRig's incorporation status and where it is formally authorized to conduct business. Without this information, everyone must assume that "MyRig, Inc." is not what it claims to be (an incorporated entity), and everyone should be asking themselves why would MyRig make such a misrepresentation. Halong's affiliation with "MyRig, Inc." is not a boost to Halong's credibility. Playing by the rules and accountability are fundamental in business. All of us should stand together to make sure Halong and MyRig understand that if they want to sell to our community.
Dr.Mann

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:40:39 PM
Merited by frodocooper (2)

[....] In conducting my due diligence, I've relied on the info about its legal status that MyRig has posted on its web site (see: https://myrig.com/terms-of-use). Legitimate operators tend to post their information on such pages, and not wait to disclose it until after the sale. The information MyRig shows on its terms of use page cannot be confirmed with the Colorado Secretary of State.
You're assuming all businesses are incorporated in USA. I think MyRig is Japanese or Russian.

Inc. could just be a translation for what ever the designation is in those countries.

I am making no such assumption. I am relying on what MyRig has told us about its legal incorporation status on its very own terms of use page on its web site (see: https://i.imgur.com/8WZDWmZ.jpg). MyRig holds itself out as a Colorado incorporated entity, hence the name "MyRig, Inc."

I even went so far as to check the Japanese government's official incorporation records. You can do so yourself here: http://www.houjin-bangou.nta.go.jp/en/. Just type "myrig" into the "Name" field. Zero results.

That leaves Russia. If MyRig would like to announce that it is a Russian corporation, I would be thrilled to receive this news. I have not checked Russian incorporation records but I would be happy to verify such a claim from MyRig if it would like to make it.

offordscott
Copper Member

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:43:04 PM

It’s possible the company simply needs to update their ToS page. An easy thing to overlook.  But, of course, an important thing.
offordscott
Copper Member

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:48:38 PM

Try: マイリグ株式会社
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 09:54:42 PM

MyRig Inc. company registration in Japan is legit for sure.

Their corporate number is 5450001012110
and you can see the official information here in Japanese
http://www.houjin-bangou.nta.go.jp/henkorireki-johoto.html?selHouzinNo=5450001012110

zerobias

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:10:14 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 04:18:38 AM by frodocooper

I am making no such assumption. I am relying on what MyRig has told us about its legal incorporation status on its very own terms of use page on its web site (see: https://i.imgur.com/8WZDWmZ.jpg). MyRig holds itself out as a Colorado incorporated entity, hence the name "MyRig, Inc."

I even went so far as to check the Japanese government's official incorporation records. You can do so yourself here: http://www.houjin-bangou.nta.go.jp/en/. Just type "myrig" into the "Name" field. Zero results.

That leaves Russia. If MyRig would like to announce that it is a Russian corporation, I would be thrilled to receive this news. I have not checked Russian incorporation records but I would be happy to verify such a claim from MyRig if it would like to make it.

if you ever saw the invoice or purchase agreement how anyone who was ordering thru myrig you should know that the entity name is Myrig Inc as written both in PO and beneficiary bank details.

your assumptions are based on “inc” means only US corporation which is incorrect.

concerning russian companies , we are using LLC as a type of incorporation

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove nested quotes.
zerobias

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:11:49 PM

http://www.houjin-bangou.nta.go.jp/henkorireki-johoto.html?selHouzinNo=5450001012110

exactly, I ended up the same while was doing my own due diligence before paying the invoice
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 10:13:31 PM

People are jumping in to conclusions too quickly.

Just because you can't find the information in the database, doesn't necessarily mean that the information is not there.

You might just be unable to enter the right keywords in the search engine.

In this case I searched Google with the Japanese expression for MyRig's name and I was able to find the corporation number.

Then I entered the corporation number in the database search and I got search results immediately.

Dr.Mann

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:23:54 PM
Merited by frodocooper (2)

HagssFIN, thank you. Getting this information has been like pulling teeth. However, MyRig clearly states on its ToS page that its name is "MyRig, Inc." -- not "マイリグ株式会社", and as far as I can tell, "MyRig, Inc." is not a valid entity. The actual name of the validly incorporated entity is マイリグ株式会社.

MyRig should update its website's ToS to reflect that it is a Japanese corporation named マイリグ株式会社, not a Colorado corporation named "MyRig, Inc." These details are important for accountability purposes. As of the time of this posting, MyRig does not state on its web site that it is a Japanese corporation. It holds itself out as a Colorado corporation, choosing Colorado as the venue and jurisdiction for disputes and requiring the application of Colorado law, not Russian law and not even Japanese law.

In addition, I am still unable to confirm that MyRig or マイリグ株式会社 is authorized to conduct business in Colorado, as it is required to register as a foreign corporation if it is operating there. Otherwise, it is operating in contravention of Colorado law.
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 10:28:11 PM

@Dr. Mann

They have entered the corporation information in to the database system in Japanese only, hence why you can only find that information by searching with the Japanese expression of the company name. I don't think there is anything odd with that.

I mean also here in Finland most of the corporation info is available in Finnish.

Dr.Mann

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:34:30 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 10:49:45 PM by Dr.Mann
Merited by frodocooper (3), NotFuzzyWarm (2)

People are jumping in to conclusions too quickly. Just because you can't find the information in the database, doesn't necessarily mean that the information is not there. You might just be unable to enter the right keywords in the search engine. [....]

The onus is on the business to present accurate information about itself to the world. As it stands now, MyRig is inaccurately representing itself to the world when it states on its ToS that its name is "MyRig, Inc." The entity's actual name consists of Japanese letters, not English letters. This may seem like a meaningless technicality to some, but it is actually quite important so that people can reliably conduct due diligence and make informed decisions for themselves.

I have searched everywhere for Halong Mining's incorporation records, guessing at the country in which it is incorporated. I even checked Vietnam to no avail since "Halong" is a city there. This is case in point why presenting accurate information is so important.

[....] They have entered the corporation information in to the database system in Japanese only, hence why you can only find that information by searching with the Japanese expression of the company name. I don't think there is anything odd with that. [....]

It is odd if you consider that MyRig has held itself out as a Colorado corporation (https://i.imgur.com/8WZDWmZ.jpg) using a name ("MyRig, Inc.") that does not exist in the records of Colorado's Secretary of State. MyRig has a receiving address in Colorado at a UPS Store and transacts business there. To that extent, it is required under Colorado law to obtain authorization to conduct business in Colorado as a foreign entity. If it registered, we'd have the ability to hold MyRig accountable using legal process should circumstances justify it some day. If it does not register, then U.S. customers and perhaps customers in other nations should understand the lack of accountability should something go wrong when transacting with MyRig.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2494

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:39:18 PM

HagssFIN, thank you. Getting this information has been like pulling teeth. However, MyRig clearly states on its ToS page that its name is "MyRig, Inc." -- not "マイリグ株式会社", and as far as I can tell, "MyRig, Inc." is not a valid entity. The actual name of the validly incorporated entity is マイリグ株式会社.

MyRig should update its website's ToS to reflect that it is a Japanese corporation named マイリグ株式会社, not a Colorado corporation named "MyRig, Inc." These details are important for accountability purposes. As of the time of this posting, MyRig does not state on its web site that it is a Japanese corporation. It holds itself out as a Colorado corporation, choosing Colorado as the venue and jurisdiction for disputes and requiring the application of Colorado law, not Russian law and not even Japanese law.

In addition, I am still unable to confirm that MyRig or マイリグ株式会社 is authorized to conduct business in Colorado, as it is required to register as a foreign corporation if it is operating there. Otherwise, it is operating in contravention of Colorado law.
Considering Halong has a very warped idea of what normal internationally-recognized business practices are what do you expect?

MyRig/Bitmain Warranty OTH -- until this kerfuffle who they are and where legally registered was never really an issue. Both provided great repair work. Them hooking up whole-hog with Halong Mining is why it becomes rather important in the event of the miners failing to meet spec or not being delivered leading people to seek legal recourse.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 10:44:57 PM
Merited by Dr.Mann (1)

People are jumping in to conclusions too quickly. Just because you can't find the information in the database, doesn't necessarily mean that the information is not there. You might just be unable to enter the right keywords in the search engine. [....]

The onus is on the business to present accurate information about itself to the world. As it stands now, MyRig is inaccurately representing itself to the world when it states on its ToS that its name is "MyRig, Inc." The entity's actual name consists of Japanese letters, not English letters. This may seem like a meaningless technicality to some, but it is actually quite important so that people can reliably conduct due diligence.

I have searched everywhere for Halong Mining's incorporation records, guessing at the country in which it has incorporated. I even checked Vietnam to no avail since "Halong" is a city there. This is case in point why presenting accurate information is so important.

[....] They have entered the corporation information in to the database system in Japanese only, hence why you can only find that information by searching with the Japanese expression of the company name. I don't think there is anything odd with that. [....]

It is odd if you consider that MyRig has held itself out as a Colorado corporation (https://i.imgur.com/8WZDWmZ.jpg) using a name ("MyRig, Inc.") that does not exist in the records of Colorado's Secretary of State. MyRig has a receiving address in Colorado at a UPS Store and transacts business there. To that extent, it is required under Colorado law to obtain authorization to conduct business in Colorado as a foreign entity. If it registered, we'd have the ability to hold MyRig accountable using legal process should circumstances justify it some day. If it does not register, then U.S. customers should understand the lack of accountability should something go wrong when transacting with MyRig.

Good points made, I stand corrected.

It would be good for a company doing international business that the official information is in English and also easily available for anyone to check it.

Dr.Mann

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:59:19 PM

I am making no such assumption. I am relying on what MyRig has told us about its legal incorporation status on its very own terms of use page on its web site (see: https://i.imgur.com/8WZDWmZ.jpg). MyRig holds itself out as a Colorado incorporated entity, hence the name "MyRig, Inc." [....]
[....] your assumptions are based on “inc” means only US corporation which is incorrect. [....]

I am not assuming that "Inc." is reflective of only US corporations. I am going off of the name that MyRig presents to the world on its own ToS page, "MyRig, Inc." which is not a valid name in any jurisdiction in any country on earth as far as I can tell. It appears that the only legally valid name for MyRig is its Japanese name, which thankfully we now know is "マイリグ株式会社". Now let's find out what Halong Mining's incorporation details are. Anyone?
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: