Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:32:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re-visit the question: What is bitcoin's value backed by?  (Read 9100 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:34:10 PM

Math

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 01:36:48 PM

Trust, greed and also economic stability. If USD is stable and safe, the value of Bitcoin should drop...

I suspect the majority of people using Bitcoin never see a USD.

I suspect you're wrong Sad

Is your chart showing a measurement of something?
Amount of trades, or numbers of people, or something else?
Does it have something to do with Bitcoin?

Its pretty though.  I like the color gold.

"I suspect the majority of people using Bitcoin never see a USD."
(I suspect the number of humans using Bitcoin in the USA is << %50 of humans using Bitcoin.)

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:39:31 PM

- the P2P network
- the mining power
- the community/ecosystem already built
- comedy gold

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:03:42 PM

Trust, greed and also economic stability. If USD is stable and safe, the value of Bitcoin should drop...

(I suspect the number of humans using Bitcoin in the USA is << %50 of humans using Bitcoin.)

Yeah.  The chart has something to do with bitcoin.  It's from bitcoincharts.com, the go-to site for people who chose not to pull bitcoin-related statistics out of their ass.

I'm glad you liek colors, Tiger.  When you're all grown up & ready to shapes, we'll talk moar Smiley

*The Somalis & Mexicans & Russians & Portuguese that trade bitcoin <-> $?  Well, they see USD too.  Don't have to come from my Land of the Brave to know teh dollar.
hulk

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:36:43 PM

You still have to use USD right? There is no shop next to me that accept Bitcoin or even know what is Bitcoin..

Valerian77

Activity: 437
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:53:54 PM

A nice map of the world mining power. It shows clearly how much spread BTC is on the world already.

https://blockchain.info/de/nodes-globe
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 01:52:09 AM

Yeah.  The chart has something to do with bitcoin.  It's from bitcoincharts.com, the go-to site for people who chose not to pull bitcoin-related statistics out of their ass.

I'm glad you liek colors, Tiger.  When you're all grown up & ready to shapes, we'll talk moar Smiley

*The Somalis & Mexicans & Russians & Portuguese that trade bitcoin <-> $?  Well, they see USD too.  Don't have to come from my Land of the Brave to know teh dollar.

Nice stretch.  You almost made your pacman chart relevant to numbers of people. Wink

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:53:58 AM

Nice stretch.  You almost made your pacman chart relevant to numbers of people. Wink
Sorry bro, but nobody cares about broke folk.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 01:56:20 AM

Sorry bro, but nobody cares about broke folk.

Consider me a part of that nobody.  I care.

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:44:29 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2013, 03:00:29 PM by crumbs

*The Somalis & Mexicans & Russians & Portuguese that trade bitcoin <-> $?  Well, they see USD too.  Don't have to come from my Land of the Brave to know teh dollar.

Nice stretch.  You almost made your pacman chart relevant to numbers of people. Wink

I see.  You feel, deep down in your heart, that bitcoin is used by countless great unwashed of the world, the huddled masses who haven't even seen a computer, much less have access to one, amirite?

They know nothing about the dollar, dealing in bitcoin only, which keeps them in a state of constant bewilderment:  On Monday, I HEART BITCOIN bumper stickers cost .1 BTC, on Tuesday .15.  Explanations are wholly unhelpful, most involving a mysterious "$" symbol.

There are other annoyances revolving around availability of luxury items in the bitcoin marketplace:  No food for any amount of bitcoin (some manage to survive for months on salsa sauce & sweets purchased on the web), no gas for the "I HEART BITCOIN" car, or car, or even a bumper to stick said stickies on Sad  Other than those few trivial but pesky details, the poor are really digging bitcoin.

Of course, those are all just nice feels -- you really don't have any data, do you?
What in the world (other than that really dirty shit from SR that smelled like perfume & cooked up all funny) made you think that the poor are flocking to bitcoin? Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: