Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:28:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU's Number  (Read 284 times)
Southy (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 06:51:34 PM

Hello i mine Zcash, i have to put in my GPU numbers in my miners, which is not a problem, i was just wondering how to link them back to the GPU's to see the performance, i believe that it does not go straight down 1 through 6 top to bottom, Im not sure if the line up is because i only got 4 of the 6 so far so i have the first 4 slots picked, but like GPU 1 on my miner, is not the first on my motherboard but  im usuing 1070's with a Biostart TB85 I was wondering if theres a way to tell your GPU Number's when your entering entering in your 1-6 on the miner so you can see how the actual card is performing instead of guessing as im doing now, Thanks so much for your time.
Very sorry for the noob mining question really apprecaiate the help in advance. I have looked under devives and looked at the PCI its under and what its listed as but still seeing to have a problem/dont understand thanks alot guys.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brownfly

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:55:42 PM

So what are trying to do? Identify a logic number of each connected GPU?

Bitcointalk ANNS channel: https://t.me/bitcointalkanns
Ventureum

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:23:35 PM

So what are trying to do? Identify a logic number of each connected GPU?

Usually you can find it in your mobo block diagram.

Ventureum – Milestone-Driven Community-Governed Crowdfunding Protocol  |   Twitter  |   Facebook
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:28:16 PM

Hello i mine Zcash, i have to put in my GPU numbers in my miners, which is not a problem, i was just wondering how to link them back to the GPU's to see the performance, i believe that it does not go straight down 1 through 6 top to bottom, Im not sure if the line up is because i only got 4 of the 6 so far so i have the first 4 slots picked, but like GPU 1 on my miner, is not the first on my motherboard but  im usuing 1070's with a Biostart TB85 I was wondering if theres a way to tell your GPU Number's when your entering entering in your 1-6 on the miner so you can see how the actual card is performing instead of guessing as im doing now, Thanks so much for your time.
Very sorry for the noob mining question really apprecaiate the help in advance. I have looked under devives and looked at the PCI its under and what its listed as but still seeing to have a problem/dont understand thanks alot guys.

Try it out by changing the revolutions of the cooler on graphics cards.
1. In MSI Afterburner;
2. In the miner writing in config -fanmin 20,70,70 and/or fanmax 20,70,70. hat is, the force forcing the cooler on one card to rotate slower than the other. And change these values alternately;
3. To stop the miner from one of the graphic card buttons 0-9 (depending on number of cards). The logic: card will cease production and to cool, and the cooler turns to fall.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
[YAZ]

Activity: 208
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:43:48 AM

are you using afterburner?. Only 4 cards will be shown in card section, you need to scroll down. GPU 1 on AB is GPU 0 on miner console.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:58:01 AM

Try it out by changing the revolutions of the cooler on graphics cards.
1. In MSI Afterburner;
2. In the miner writing in config -fanmin 20,70,70 and/or fanmax 20,70,70. hat is, the force forcing the cooler on one card to rotate slower than the other. And change these values alternately;
3. To stop the miner from one of the graphic card buttons 0-9 (depending on number of cards). The logic: card will cease production and to cool, and the cooler turns to fall.

Just a simpler version of what this guy said, all you have to do is download MSI afterburner (whatever the latest version is will do). Most miner's today (or at least claymore's) have GPU numbers that match afterburner's GPU order number. So once afterburner is installed, open afterburner, select a GPU, then simply increase the fan speed of that GPU. You should physically see what GPU speeds up and stick a number on it if you'd like.
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:15:37 AM

The first X16 slot - it is usually number 0
as for the rest -it is easy to check, shutdown all miners, by msi afterburner shut off all coolers, then one by one add 100% to the coolers of you gpu. That's how you will identify them, put a sticker to each card and you good to go
brownfly

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:59:00 PM

or if you have GPU with adjusted LED color, change it and see! ASUS STRIX for example.

Bitcointalk ANNS channel: https://t.me/bitcointalkanns
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:41:43 PM

Hello i mine Zcash, i have to put in my GPU numbers in my miners, which is not a problem, i was just wondering how to link them back to the GPU's to see the performance, i believe that it does not go straight down 1 through 6 top to bottom, Im not sure if the line up is because i only got 4 of the 6 so far so i have the first 4 slots picked, but like GPU 1 on my miner, is not the first on my motherboard but  im usuing 1070's with a Biostart TB85 I was wondering if theres a way to tell your GPU Number's when your entering entering in your 1-6 on the miner so you can see how the actual card is performing instead of guessing as im doing now, Thanks so much for your time.

Good question! I faced this challenge too when building and tweaking my rig.
Here are a few steps to make your life easier:

1) arrange cards physically and connect them how their risers are connected on the motherboard (the card on the most right will get the riser connection to the pci-e slot on the most right)
2) activate and connect each cards from right to left until all cards are connected (if using windows as you connect one card you will need to reboot each time).
3) once all are installed and recognised in device manager start tweaking with Afterburner.
4) Start with all cards on default setting and run your miner program.
5) overclock one card only and see which one sticks out (will give higher perfomance, temperature and hashrate).
6) label that card with a number
7) return that card to default repeat steps 4-7 for subsequent cards in your rig.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: