- Updating balance should be done in a different thread. During update the UI freezes, changing tabs isn't possible.
Yes, we have been thinking about this aswell, but it requires a little rethinking when it comes to the userinterface, so its probably more work than one could think at first.https://github.com/warpi/BitPay/issues/14
- When selecting the "amount" field on the receive tab to enter a number, the keyboard is in alphabetic mode. We're never going to want to put letters in an amount field; set the keyboard to numeric mode
- The "amount" field on the send and recieve tabs should be in the same physical position on screen
Agree, me myself is a pedant so I will naturally make sure these things will be solved in future, no need of issue.
- The screen real estate used by "Account: instawallet.org" is a bit of a waste; can't that be on the credits page? We don't need to see it all the time. Perhaps you're planning multiple account support in the future? In which case I withdraw this point.
Yes, we have in vision to have multiple accounts, but showing where the eWallet is located is not important on every page (more important is what account is selected). But as of now, I just wanted to make some advertising for InstaWallet.org for making this application possible at this time, but in future, I dont think its necessary.
- The amount fields should all have more than two decimal places shown when they are showing zeros (or any other number)
As of now, we just display what is on InstaWallet.org without interpretation. This issue will naturally be solved when doing that.
- A widget that can be dropped on the home screen to show current balance
That would be awesome. I dont know exactly how android works, maybe its possible to integrate a widget into the application?https://github.com/warpi/BitPay/issues/16
No problem at all; I'm sorry I didn't use the issue tracker directly. I will do from now on.
Great. Its also possible to comment the issues to make a better description or purpose better solutions.
None of those suggestions were show-stopper criticisms. I think the core functionality of the app is perfect: a simple wallet, that doesn't require any effort to begin using it. While I always love extra features, that core principle is what's important. Anyone could have that on their phone and use it without any technical understanding of bitcoin at all.
In short: I like your app very much. It's a permanent resident on my phone now.
Thanks, same here
I love the feeling of always being able to send money to anyone with a android telephone from now on
Here's why I think apps like this are important: I could show this to merchants, and friends and not have to explain anything about block chains, transactions or anything else. It's easy to see how this one little app could replace the credit card machine in the local newsagent.
Yes, regarding replacing credit card machine. Me and leifi have been discussing how to make this application both supporting people 2 people transaction, but aswell enabling easy for merchant use. Hopefully, this is possible with the same application.
crashes when i try to send btc
after i scanned code with the barcode scanner it gives Force Close
so i can receive money but not get it out :/
If you want to withdraw you money, just to go "credits" tab, and write the InstaWallet.org url displayed at the bottom at your computer. At this homepage, you could easly withdraw your money to another account.
It seems there is something wrong with the QR-reader. Have you downloaded this from the market?