Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:53:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where we break the downward trend and rebound from the bottom?
above $ 92 on the support line of 5.3 and 10.6. (light green) - 20 (24.4%)
around $ 85 to 61.8 Fibo last wave - 12 (14.6%)
about $ 79 (minimum of 5 May) - 8 (9.8%)
between 50-70 $, above the minimum of 16 April - 16 (19.5%)
between 30 to 40 $ (value as of February 2013) - 15 (18.3%)
lower Wink - 11 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 82

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where we break the downward trend and rebound from the current bottom?  (Read 1946 times)
Dalib (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:15:03 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 04:02:10 PM by Dalib

Where do you think we get out of the downward trend and break the "red line" based on chart:

Please vote your opinion Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:20:00 PM

It is anyone's "guess". But I studied the chart (and also incorporated some moves on the way up - which often correlated the move down) and came up with the following support levels:

low $90's
$82 ish
$68 ish
$60 ish
low $50's
$20's

(Think I covered most areas there!)

If and when we break to the downside, instead of paying attention so much to the numbers we are all throwing out, I would look at the volume and intraday charts for key levels.
Perhaps one should still use numbers we come up with and try to catch the bounce (I might). It will be very risky though.

In a few years, it probably isn't going to matter if you picked up more at $60 or $65, but will make a difference if you are patient and play your cards right on the way down...

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:39:03 PM

In a few years, it probably isn't going to matter if you picked up more at $60 or $65, but will make a difference if you are patient and play your cards right on the way down...

IAS

10% is 10% now and in the future. Let Bitcoins value rise 1000 fold and you still lack those 10% you didnt catch at the beginning.
Dalib (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:41:39 PM

It is anyone's "guess". But I studied the chart (and also incorporated some moves on the way up - which often correlated the move down) and came up with the following support levels:

low $90's
$82 ish
$68 ish
$60 ish
low $50's
$20's

(Think I covered most areas there!)

If and when we break to the downside, instead of paying attention so much to the numbers we are all throwing out, I would look at the volume and intraday charts for key levels.
Perhaps one should still use numbers we come up with and try to catch the bounce (I might). It will be very risky though.

IAS

I agree that catching the bottom is highly risky.
I was wondering how many more bulls believe that the break is near (82, 85 or even $ 93) and how many bears will just wait for prices below 50, or even lower

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:17:37 PM

IAS

10% is 10% now and in the future. Let Bitcoins value rise 1000 fold and you still lack those 10% you didnt catch at the beginning.

Of course if you have so much money and can save 10% it will make a difference (in a literal sense). What I am saying is it is really really hard to first call a bottom, wait for the fall to happen and then
it meet your bottom. Everybody has been saying $50 for the longest time. If you buy in to $50 along with a lot of other people, it will probably bounce off that level if your order
isn't already in the books. And even then, depending on news and such, you might pull the trigger too soon. But yes, I'd love to have the extra 10%.

If BTC's value rises 1000% (and I think it eventually does), a few more BTC's won't matter. You are sounding like a professional athlete who takes one teams 25 million dollar offer over
the 24 million dollar offer (though they have the better team and it's his hometown). So, the team ends up losing for years, never makes the playoffs but you got that one extra house ;-) (OK, I forgot we are in the speculation forum)...

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:36:09 PM

I will be the prize, as the one who most closely guesses?  Tongue

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
TooCasual

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

You can't be Serious?!?

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:12:18 PM

I would think plummeting to low 90's.... Until the current issues with Bitcoin Foundation and mt Gox are corrected/bypassed/etc.

TC
Dalib (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:39:58 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 10:36:00 PM by Dalib

It would be great if the market is driven by our (bullish) vote  Wink

Wagner2014

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:26:28 AM

I would not be surprised if the price trended down to the 30s within the next 4 - 6 months...gradually.

The run up was not sustained but happened very quickly. That means there is not a lot of support in the mid-price range, certainly not at the current level. There are a lot of people that acquired bitcoins when they were far cheaper and are sitting on tens of thousands in windfalls. Some will sell to capture or lock in some of the profits. They will rationalize that they can pick up some more later when the price falls. Or they just want to cash out a part of their portfolio - take some profits.

Then there are those that purchase when the price was sky high - they will capitulate.

The caveat to all of this is NEWS. Positive, mainstream news, perhaps due to some event, can have a massive impact on the price given the small float.   

Hello, fellow Bitcoin Billionaires!!
Wagner2014

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:30:50 AM

100 is a key psychological price point...a sustained move under and into the mid-90s, Mt. Gox, and odds are we'll be moving lower.

Dalib (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:18:13 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 08:06:26 AM by Dalib

I would not be surprised if the price trended down to the 30s within the next 4 - 6 months...gradually.

The run up was not sustained but happened very quickly. That means there is not a lot of support in the mid-price range, certainly not at the current level. There are a lot of people that acquired bitcoins when they were far cheaper and are sitting on tens of thousands in windfalls. Some will sell to capture or lock in some of the profits. They will rationalize that they can pick up some more later when the price falls. Or they just want to cash out a part of their portfolio - take some profits.

Then there are those that purchase when the price was sky high - they will capitulate.

The caveat to all of this is NEWS. Positive, mainstream news, perhaps due to some event, can have a massive impact on the price given the small float.    

Thank you for your opinion, but I do not think that the down trend will last 4-6 months.

There is a decreasing trend (red line) incredibly linear, and if it does not change, the price under $ 50 will have at the end of August, 30-40 at September.

But we are still above the minimum of 9 June, 4 May and of course the bottom of the 16th April.

Personally, I think the biggest chance to break out as the rebound from recent lows on $ 93 - 79.

If we get on, we descend about much too low.

edit: even Bitstamp is still above the lows of May and June. But as the next fall it will not be true.

But the most important thing is still ahead of us

Wagner2014

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:43:24 AM

Thank you for your opinion, but I do not think that the down trend will last 4-6 months.

There is a decreasing trend (red line) incredibly linear, and if it does not change, the price under $ 50 will have at the end of August, 30-40 at September.

But we are still above the minimum of 9 June, 4 May and of course the bottom of the 16th April.

Personally, I think the biggest chance to break out as the rebound from recent lows on $ 93 - 79.

If we get on, we descend about much too low.

You may be right, but if you adjust your red line to where the bulk of the volume was at the peak it stretches out further. The big question mark is NEWS and NEW BUYERS coming into the market.

I did see an interesting stat, however. Over 90% of wallet that are downloaded do not contain and have never contained any coins!

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:52:12 AM

I did see an interesting stat, however. Over 90% of wallet that are downloaded do not contain and have never contained any coins!

I have no idea how anybody could possibly know that and I like to think I understand bitcoin pretty well since I first read the whitepaper in 2010.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Jaroslaw

supernode

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:58:36 AM

i think its about 18-19$
Wagner2014

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:58:54 AM

I have no idea how anybody could possibly know that and I like to think I understand bitcoin pretty well since I first read the whitepaper in 2010.

Substitute "addresses" for "wallets"...

http://bitcoinrichlist.com/charts/bitcoin-distribution-by-address

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:01:37 AM

Of course!  The default client never always sends change to a new address.  Coins left on an address that has had its private key exposed will be the first lost if there is ever a problem found with ECDSA.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Wagner2014

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:05:37 AM

Of course!  The default client never always sends change to a new address.  Coins left on an address that has had its private key exposed will be the first lost if there is ever a problem found with ECDSA.

So, of the 11.5 million current addresses, only about 600K have any coins. What conclusions can we draw from that, if any?

To the OP: will get back on topic soon Smiley

Wagner2014

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:12:48 AM

I like your charts. A question, though: Why are you drawing your trend line (red) from the late April peak and not the early April peak?

razorfishsl

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 08:17:59 AM

Get a bollinger  on it, you will see it is trading in a direction with market support upwards, which would  indicate the actual status quo.

Problem is that this sort of technical analysis is bollox because the market is unstable  due to stupidity......
and no one knows where the next batch of gross stupidity is going to come from (Greece, MTGOX)....... US?

Personally my money is on MTgox... far too many dirty little secrets..

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:20:50 AM

I like your charts. A question, though: Why are you drawing your trend line (red) from the late April peak and not the early April peak?

I'm waiting for the $25-$35 range

If / when we get there I'll reconsider as it could still go much lower.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: