Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:31:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Pool Skimming Your Hashes? How do you prove it?  (Read 109 times)
JChemist (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:16:53 AM

Is there an easy way to track down if my perception is real?
I noticed over several months whenever there is pool glitch, my miner all of sudden is mining another coin.  Of course, I never get those other coins as the accounts do not match.
The site is https://miningpower.net/

This is my recurring observation for this mining pool -- my hash rate decrease on coin shows up on another coin.  My account shows coins I never intended to mine and later the account is cleaned up.   I have used many mining pools and this is the only pool I have encountered with these strange anomalies.

2alt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:53:48 AM

There is no way to prove it. Just mine at another pool if you think that one is shady.

One of the reasons I started my own pool. It very easy to cheat people as you have access to everything when running a pool.

You can't prove it, but I think most pools are honest. However, I do know there are bad ones.

Just use another pool man. Everyone is trying to make a quick buck, and if you don't feel comfortable mining for that pool, then don't. There are so many.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: