Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:18:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A new kind of collectible! The KryptoKaps are coming... PRE-ORDERS OPEN <4 hours  (Read 198 times)
kryptopath (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Just letting you know right now, I'm kinda weird.

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:00:48 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2017, 04:39:16 PM by kryptopath

The Pre-Orders for the October edition of the stone KryptoKaps are finally OPEN!

The COAs will be unique numbered and first come first serve, so decide how many you’d like and post it quick! Payment to be expected within a few hours.

Below is a summary of what these are. See my announcement thread for more details on the project.

A new type of collectable:

The KryptoKap Dice
(KryptoKaps or just Kaps) Smiley

And here's some that better show the finish and dimensions, before and after silver paint... oops they're upside down

These samples have a couple differences from the final production version. The KP stamp will have to be removed from the stone versions as it is just too finely detailed. The COAs will have a raised stamped seal, so the KP stamp will still show up there. Also the bezels will be a bit sharper as illustrated by this quick little sketch:

Here's the display stand concept art and the pouches the kaps themselves will come in. Note there will be a laser engraved "Kryptopath's KryptoKaps" design on the front of the black stand.

KryptoKap Dice are collectable dice, featuring cryptocurrency symbols instead of dots or numbers, with most made out of stone, and some of metal.

Each side will feature the symbol of the cryptocurrency as related to its position on the ‘Market Cap Dominance’ chart. The chart is read at 12:01 AM on the first of the month, and can be found here:
https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

For example this first edition of October 2017 will be:
Bitcoin - #1 (along with month, year and KP stamp)
Ethereum - #2
Bitcoin cash - #3
Ripple - #4
Litecoin - #5
Dash - #6

In short, the bigger the coin, the lower the roll Smiley

You'll notice the Ripple logo's replacement with XRP. This is due to Ripple not releasing their logos under a CC license. Ethereum and Dash have released their logos under CC licenses.

https://www.ethereum.org/assets
https://www.dash.org/graphics/

There will be a new edition for every month, and the design will be adjusted (or not) based on changes to the chart over time. The change we see from October to November is simply Ripple and Bitcoin Cash have switched places.

These will be a fun and unique way to visualize the changing cryptocurrency landscape over time. Each edition will include a short write up of the events of the past month and draw attention to notable changes in the design. Perfect for those wanting to display historical representations of the most disruptive technology of our time. It’s been a wild ride so far, and it will be cool to watch how the market changes these over time.

Here are the perks for placing a pre-order:
  • Pre-orders cost $15 per stone Kap - the in-stock price will be $20.
  • These Pre-order stone editions will all come with unique “first edition preorder COAs”.  COAs will not be issued to general release marble editions, and will be reserved for the metal, and special issue editions such as for notable events like the Genesis Block, 10K Pizza, the First Halvening, etc. etc.
    -I will not be placing a limit on the number of pre-orders, so if you want 10, feel free to order 10, but who knows how many “pre-orders” will end up existing.
    -I will not be reserving any numbers of COAs beyond 0001-0010 I will be keeping for myself and gifts. It’s first come first served.
  • Also included will be a signed letter of thanks for being the awesome people to help launch KryptoKaps
  • Some nice laser engraved display stands are being produced in the near future as well. All pre-orders will be entitled to $5 off on those.

Minerjones is providing escrow for these pre-orders and I will be covering his fees.

Please only pay to the escrow address:
3GYi27qyvPi2qk4UVSQpXLv9tXdgyDmnBp

Minerjones should be posting a signed message below proving ownership sometime soon.

A new kind of collectible... The KryptoKaps are coming... Pre-orders have shipped! Thanks everyone!
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kryptopath (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Just letting you know right now, I'm kinda weird.

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:39:43 PM

Less than 4 hours until the pre-orders open!

A new kind of collectible... The KryptoKaps are coming... Pre-orders have shipped! Thanks everyone!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: