Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:57:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lumi - Wallet Investigation.  (Read 238 times)
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:52:52 PM

So guys there is a new wallet on the streets by the name of 'Lumi'. Recently they made a thread where they wanted to hire a marketing team, I contacted LoyceV(my partner) and LoyceV told me to ask them a few questions like 'How do you plan to make money from this?' Whether from 'Advertisement' or 'In-app payments' to which i got no response from them.

Then LoyceV and i took the matter to their thread where they have failed to respond again. I asked them who is behind the lumi wallet? How many team members you have? From where do they operate from? We would like to see their public profiles etc. But they failed to respond to all of them. They use words like 'we store your private keys on your phone' which raises suspicion as well. The only thing they say to trust them on is their 'word', that they will make their 'code' public 'soon'.

What do you think about them?  Roll Eyes
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
|Admiral|

Activity: 448
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:58:14 PM

saw a project and we ran to the telegram or whatsoever to tell them that we are bounty managers and we will promote you.
we got no deal so we got frustrated and we dug deep into the project and found it is shady..
Here we are now.

No matter what is the context and what motivated you but yeah the project is doggy , i mean anyone can make a site and get a IOS app made with 300$ ~0.04 BTC.

Be cautious while investing in such ICO.

And please stop running for being a manager for some campaign, this has lower the self esteem these days.
cdtc

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:33:59 AM

SCAM for sure.

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:51:38 AM

saw a project and we ran to the telegram or whatsoever to tell them that we are bounty managers and we will promote you.
we got no deal so we got frustrated and we dug deep into the project and found it is shady..
Here we are now.

Wrong! Stop Assuming things! I Asked a few questions on their post first. They Failed to respond to my questions. Then they made a new thread requiring a bounty manager. I contacted them cuz they were shady! and i wanted to know what they were really upto.

i mean anyone can make a site and get a IOS app made with 300$ ~0.04 BTC.

That's why i started to investigate them!

And please stop running for being a manager for some campaign, this has lower the self esteem these days.
Again i will say stop assuming things! if we really wanted to go after some campaigns, We would have started like 3 of them already. we are really filtering them through and reporting those which we believe are scams!
matej krkic

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:16:21 PM

Any news about the Lumi wallet?
Did the fix the issue with sending private keys to the server? =)
ryancpk

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:40:50 PM

Very fishy. I won't be using their wallet for sure.
Lumi_Wallet

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:42:59 PM

Any news about the Lumi wallet?
Did the fix the issue with sending private keys to the server? =)

Hi!

There was no "issue" to fix. We used to have 2 separate products: client-side apps and NON-client-side web wallet. Now we have released the client-side web version

The Brd guy stated that we send the keys non-encrypted, which was (and is!) not true and which is where the difference between secure and non-secure non-client-side web wallet lies.
 I mean, people trust their assets to centralized exchanges and are okay with that, even despite the fact that exchanges get hacked more often than any of the existing wallets. We consider our non-client-side solution as secure as the top non-client-side wallets' ones. We have asked our partners to re-do several security audits.

All you vulnerability seekers (and normal people too) are welcome to try our client-side web beta:
https://lumiwallet.com/about-web-new

We've responded to "team members" question in the older thread, but, anyway
https://www.facebook.com/diana.furmannD

We visit blockchain conferences quite frequently, and we wear Lumi Wallet badges and do not hide. Like, at all:)
The last one was BlockShow Americas. You can easily schedule an appointment by DMing us (Twitter/FB/Telegram/whatever) if you want to meet us in person. Or, if you see a person with Lumi bagde on a conference, you can just come say hi, there's a chance we'll like it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: