Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:47:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The next Mt Gox? (MtGox 2.0)  (Read 15233 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Viceroy (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:54:38 PM

Mt gox needs to add a more fast transaction withdrawals service,

Per your suggestion I just added this to the OP:

5) More, better and faster withdrawal methods:
 a) wire transfer takes days
 b) instant cash deposit to my account at a major bank?
 c) sepa withdrawl (European Only)
 d) something like a money pak code?
 e) overnight precious metals delivery?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jakewell

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:58:40 PM

The international or sepa withdrawals should be more fast, they take a lot of days to get processed, that is ridiculous.
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:02:38 PM

If a sepa is anything like a wire transfer it WILL take days.  Not much you can do to expedite that, I don't think...

What is a better way to get FIAT into or out of bitcoin?
Jakewell

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:14:47 PM

But everyone knows that a wire transfer should take around 2-5 days, and there are a lot of people saying it took more than 20 days, almost a month to receive their money.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:16:34 PM

If a sepa is anything like a wire transfer it WILL take days.  Not much you can do to expedite that, I don't think...

What is a better way to get FIAT into or out of bitcoin?

SEPA shouldn't take more than 3 business days.

The reason why Mt.Gox has such massive delays (not days but often weeks) is because their accounts have limits and having a lot more customers now, their withdrawal orders are queued.

Signature space available for rent.
btcminer021

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Mine hard!

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:42:38 PM

Wow, human ingenuity, a community of like-minded people, there's no stopping progress! It amazes me that people can get together on something as trivial as Bitcoin (come on, have you seen what some people say about it? How divided the opinions?), yet we continue to wage wars, kill innocents...

Keep it up!

Back on track, I think the most important thing is low fees and a stable exchange rate. Really that only happens with regulation and central authority, which is the complete opposite of what Bitcoin stands for, so I think we have to rethink this!

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:23:00 AM

Please, we need your help more than ever.  If you have anything useful to add, please do so now.

MAJOR NEWS:

http://www.zdnet.com/us-department-of-homeland-security-issues-court-order-against-mt-gox-7000015389/

BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:58:26 AM

I'm about to launch a new exchange, but it's for China. I was going to encourage USD IN too, but not any more -- at least not at first.

I think the big part missing from most current exchanges is real scaleability; I don't see many properly utilising cloud infrastructure, or parallelising operations.

Having looked at a few existing trading engines when I was getting started, and not being terribly impressed, I have the feeling that there are a few crufty old lines of code still doing the rounds on other exchanges.

This is the best example I found, and it appears a few exchanges adopted the code...

... lock all database tables
... match all possible orders
... Hope nothing goes wrong. If it does, just print an error.
... unlock all tables
... sleep for a bit
... repeat

Sigh.

halfawake

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:57:45 AM

Well, first and foremost: follow the laws.  People talk about MtGox like it's a big government crackdown, but I think the only reasons that they're cracking down is that a) bitcoins are getting popular and b) they didn't follow the laws for creating an exchange like that.  That's going to be an issue for any exchange that deals with the US currency.  If you want to be legit and not get shut down, this is a must.

After that's taken care of, I pretty much agree with Viceroy on the issues needed.  Secure and scalable are the key points.  There was an article in one of my business magazines recently about Netflix using a third of all the internet traffic during much of the time to stream videos, so scalability is definitely possible.  How do they do it?  Amazon web services.  I think this, or something similar, is the key to a successful exchange. 

AWS is a great system because from what I've heard it's basically infinitely scalable, you need more resources, simply allocate more to it.  But it's not trivial either, whoever runs this system would likely need a sysadmin or several to keep it running.  If the person / people running the exchange is willing to put the time and money into figuring out AWS, however, I think they have a real good shot at making a system that's much more scalable and stable than MtGox.

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:56:30 PM

Agreed with previous poster.  It is TOO capital intensive to launch a site like mt gox.  It would cost millions and millions just to get through US law, let alone the entire free world's regulations...  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=215951.0

bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:58:22 AM

Agreed with previous poster.  It is TOO capital intensive to launch a site like mt gox.  It would cost millions and millions just to get through US law, let alone the entire free world's regulations...  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=215951.0

Anything is possible - with the right business plan, contacts, and $$$ - it IS possible Smiley

jordan.dev

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 09:51:44 PM

I would happily run this in Colorado USA without fear of the FED.  There is nothing illegal about buying or selling or mining bitcoin in America.  The process of becoming a "money transmitter" which allows a company to trade in cash is relatively straight forward and quite inexpensive.  

Chad is a buddy who *might* fund it.  Do you have a specific proposal to create the beast?  As I say, I'm happy to host it and run it IN AMERICA.

Not sure how to promote it any more than this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Buttercoin/comments/1d134o/tired_of_buttercoin_lets_start_again_with_a_team/

and in the comments here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-keiser/bitcoins-problem-with-liquidity_b_3140557.html

Colorado? I'm in Colorado... lets talk!

BLOG | PGP | Bitcoin Trading Professionals | Bitfinex Affiliate Code: kwr9f922HS - 10% of trading fees for 30 days | Live Bitfinex Charts
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 10:51:48 PM

Let's smoke Smiley
jordan.dev

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 01:04:43 AM

Let's smoke Smiley

There is more weed than there are Bitcoin people...http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-denver/

BLOG | PGP | Bitcoin Trading Professionals | Bitfinex Affiliate Code: kwr9f922HS - 10% of trading fees for 30 days | Live Bitfinex Charts
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: