Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2018, 06:47:01 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which language processing / data visualization project idea should I go with?  (Read 47 times)
illiki23

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:38:52 PM

Hello Bitcointalk.

I just finished that damned grad degree and since I am not currently working have a lot of time on my hands which I want to use for projects.

So which do you think I should go with?

1.  Move 'visualization of shilling' from a proof of concept using toy data to actual analysis of bitcointalk threads (uses sentiment analysis to show divergence of review sentiment).

2.  Word cloud histories of a 'shills' which combine word clouds with sentiment to show patterns of shill over time (this one will be neat once finished).

3.  Predicting if thread is from a forum holding signature campaigns or not based on various features such as post frequency, length, content, etc.

4.  Go back to feature generation for ICO success prediction which I started but did not finish?

Any others??  Cheesy

Happy Thanksgiving!  While I still deal with depression and mental health and unemployment shit I am so grateful to be alive with a loving family.

It's either that or another Kaggle contest.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:43:41 PM

Hey,

What was your degree you graduated in?

I would go with 4, finish what you started.

illiki23

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:57:30 PM

Hey,

What was your degree you graduated in?

I would go with 4, finish what you started.

I do work with data mining and visualization on and off.  I model humor in text and all that fun stuff.   Finally getting a Masters after a few years of ups and downs.

I started 4 but got caught up by 1.  4 is ambitious and in early stages but I think I could throw together some proof of concept if I just looked at a small set of clear winners and losers. 

1 is ready to move from a 'toy project' to analyzing real threads which will be the next hurdle.  It was a project I did over a couple days and made a post about awhile back which most people here don't care about but I don't mind sharing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.