Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:54:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When BTC crashes, which Alt will hold its fiat value?  (Read 1213 times)
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 01:23:24 PM

When BTC crashes, which Alt will hold its fiat value? Explain your reasoning. Go.
You can't say ,predictions and assumptions are the only thing that one can do here. So here's mine: Neo,Bch,Xrp(It has been circulating around 20-30 cents since forever),doge. These coins mostly don't lose much of their fiat value whenever a crash unless there is a dump taking place after the pump or something,and a few days later they come back to their initial price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:41:33 PM

Tether - because its pegged to the US Dollar.

BitUSD - same

Clever! Grin

My peg is with Litecoin. I have been watching ETC, ETH, and Litecoin for a while now and I don't know if am I right, but LTC's price seems to be stable - that's why I recommend it to my relatives abroad when they like to send money here.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:47:47 PM

In recent times, I've noticed the pumps of Ethereum/Ethereum Classic when bitcoin is getting dumped up, and vice versa.
sebastianpenguen

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:52:34 PM

Unless people start cashing out cryptocurrencies into fiat, when bitcoin crashes, the money usually flows into altcoins which it has everytime.  Stick with altcoins in the top 25 of coinmarketcap and things should be fine.  There are some newer and lower ranking altcoins that can also be very profitable.  Make sure the coin you choose is trading on large exchanges like bittrex, poloniex, binance, etc.  I'd stay away from coins that are only trading on yobit. 

Here, only USDT would protect its dollar fiat value. The rest can't stay constant in terms of fiat dollar value in a case where bitcoin goes up or down. I don't believe alt coins could protect their fiat dollar values in a BTC crash.
coin163

Activity: 462
Merit: 281

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:52:57 PM

When BTC crashes, which Alt will hold its fiat value? Explain your reasoning. Go.
Tether is the top choice now but with some scandal with it recently I  don't know about it future
And certainly as mention that's BitUSD which have same rate like USD .
There are some good altcoin I will switch that's LTC and ETH for sure!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5245436.0

Disposable surgical Face Mask with CE, FDA Approved for sell.
DarkGoddess

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Stars can't shine without darkness.

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:33:49 PM

Tether - because its pegged to the US Dollar.

BitUSD - same

I agree but keep in in real US $, teth have some issues and I will stay clear of it.

I Would Rather Get Lost By Making My Way Than Following One's Path And Lose Myself.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2828
Merit: 575

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:04:14 PM

In recent times, I've noticed the pumps of Ethereum/Ethereum Classic when bitcoin is getting dumped up, and vice versa.

Ethereum is really being pump because there's a lot of positive going its way. Mike Novogratz, a former hedge fund manager on Wall Street, has predicted that Ethereum will touch $500 before the end of the year. And I think there are a lot of business interest in the smart contract as well.

So Ethereum is a good choice to hold if ever bitcoin crashes. Other than that I don't see any alts that is good to hold. Actually we already saw some instances that when bitcoin is down, Ethereum price go up. So its obvious that investors are already seeing it as a somewhat a 'back-up' for bitcoin. I doubt about tether though, with the recent hacks, no one will trust this coin anymore.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
SiiGLe

Activity: 161

ICO Live! betterbetting.org

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:58:06 PM

This will be a hard prediction to make because when bitcoin crashes it will have huge effects on Alt coin markets. You can just be careful and don’t panic sell or buy a crappy alt coin. It’s better to wait a little before making a move .

BetterBetting          Betting Currency of the Future
TOKEN SALE  ❱❱  December 15th, 2017
██████████     FACEBOOK     |     TWITTER     |     TELEGRAM     ██████████
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:12:10 PM

Ethereum is really being pump because there's a lot of positive going its way. Mike Novogratz, a former hedge fund manager on Wall Street, has predicted that Ethereum will touch $500 before the end of the year. And I think there are a lot of business interest in the smart contract as well.

So Ethereum is a good choice to hold if ever bitcoin crashes. Other than that I don't see any alts that is good to hold. Actually we already saw some instances that when bitcoin is down, Ethereum price go up. So its obvious that investors are already seeing it as a somewhat a 'back-up' for bitcoin. I doubt about tether though, with the recent hacks, no one will trust this coin anymore.

Exactly.

Whenever people sell their bitcoin upon any panicking news, they spend the same amount of money in buying ethereum. In other words, the flow of money from bitcoin goes to ethereum on such occasions. This is something awesome about Ethereum and shows that people believe in it.

Mike Novogratz, a former hedge fund manager on Wall Street, has predicted that Ethereum will touch $500 before the end of the year.

Ethereum can surpass easily even the $600 mark by the year-end if everything goes positive, though.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:14:12 PM

I think most likely Ethereum, ethereum seems to be obeying fiat chart more than Bitcoin chart and I expect this to hold when BTC correction starts

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
weredo911

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:17:20 PM

My anwer is No. If Bitcoin crashes, all altcoins will be crashed too. Because Bitcoin is the symbol of crypto. If it falls down, many investors will panic sell all their coins. The market will die

I have pretended to be mentally retarded for seven years.
oxonhu

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:31:00 PM

Answer is of course Ethereum. Look the grafiks ( fiat value) . it was for long term between 300-320 $ and currently 460$. when btc stop to rising or go down than people just buying eth. Eth price could reach 0.07 btc today but cuz of bitcoin cash ( some money flow there ) has rised eth stoped at 0.055 btc . I think investors buying eth now cuz of POS. Next year eth will run on POS system. It will be profitable to buy from now.

Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:42:50 PM

That's the recent updates mate, and I really saw the pump of these two coins. Right now while bitcoin is on its price recovery altcoins still on its progress of pumping again, because btc now stabilized it price at $8k above with lesser fluctuations. Investors now are diverting their assets to alts because of the expensive price, but if alt price values will soon pump into good price I am certain that volatility of altcoins price will be more faster that what we've experienced lately of bitcoin. Because after those promising altcoins will reach that good value, it will immediately crash and unlike bitcoin many will be interested of it's highly developing price.
MIV.matteo

Activity: 135

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:21:33 PM

Usually when BTC was having a dip I used to switch to USDT but due to recent developments I would choose coin such as ETH, Litecoin and Monero. Usually people move their funds there so maybe if i'm quick I can make some profit

Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:31:17 PM

My anwer is No. If Bitcoin crashes, all altcoins will be crashed too. Because Bitcoin is the symbol of crypto. If it falls down, many investors will panic sell all their coins. The market will die
The altcoins will be crashed on its dollar value and not for the bitcoin's value. Bitcoin as the main pair in the crypto give a lot of the impact to another altcoin. but as you can see about the ethereum becomes another alternative to the bitcoin itself right now. How these altcoins try to open the new pairs into the ethereum and not the only bitcoin. Some people are waiting for the panic sells to buy more altcoin.
peter1

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:15:28 AM

Neo I think it's ok, but if you think about it, the altcoin will basically collapse after the bitcoin crash. Bitcoin is the representative of the virtual coin, which determines the development of the coin.
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:19:06 AM

Ethereum, Litecoin, Monero or maybe the top coins in market cap. But most of the time, these big coins are all dependent to bitcoin's price.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:54:04 AM

ETH and WAVES could rise up someday, the reason why some alt coins are correlated with the dump and rise of bitcoin is because of the investors keep investing on both coins with the same amount of money, and we all did that at least once. Anyway, I don't see tether becoming a big things, they already disappointed  people on their hacking  incident ( though i don't believed that they are hacked or who knows).
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:20:49 AM

A lot of people told you to move your funds to Tether when bitcoin tends to go down, but this is a horrible advice because this token is having a lot of issues at the moment, it is very risky to have your funds in this one because you can lose it all.
They are having a lot of issues because it seems that most of the tethers that are in circulation are from Bitfinex, and they have been stoling some of those coins and now they have a really big issue (i mean, the project)
There is no altcoin that can be the same as the US dollar, it was a nice idea, but it has not been well developed at all.
Well, he did not really ask where he should move his coin to when bitcoin crashes, he asked the Alt that holds it fiat value when such scenario occurs and he was given the answer. Apparently, if not because of the crisis going on with USDT, it would have actually been the perfect choice, but for now, I would rather stay away and convert directly to fiat than USDT.

None. The markets are all prices relative to the price of btc. Until there are more fiat options to buy alts, it going to remain that way.
Wrong! Some altcoins are controlled such as Tether which has the same value as USD value. It is not affected by the value of BTC in anyway so it is still going to retain its fiat value. However, for most of the coins, we already know what usually happens to them whenever king bitcoin coughs. I may want to be careful with tether these days if you are looking forward to where to put your assets though as the news isn't good so far.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
S.Sandberg

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

Found my post helpful ? click "merit" please ;)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:57:48 AM

btc forks and bitcoin like currencies often go in opposites directions when btc crashes, just look at BCH ( even though i dislike it ).
look at LTC, everytime btc fall, ltc keep the most slow influence, and the slowest market reaction.

ETH is also a very big candidate, ( no sh*it sherlock ? ) the thing is ETH, already has a ridiculously high market cap.

sometimes i think most people do not realise what 44B$ even mean !
cumulating all the wealth of every bitcointalk.org registered people wouldn't reach 2B$.
( if someone can add some info or counter-info ) to my claim i would gladly welcome it !!

i really believe all the crypto market is monstrously inflated. so for me the only coin that would definitely wistand a bitcoin crash would be LTC and USDT.
maybe bitcoin like currency would have a pump for sometime but thats it...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: