Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:43:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a good moment to invest in btc/eth for the very first time?  (Read 348 times)
Plagger (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:39:27 PM

Hi everyone! i'm here in this forum from more or less 1 month and i'm trying to research, to study and to understand this incredible world.
I finished 2 days ago the procedure on coinbase for verifying the account and now i have some € to invest. Then I moved to Gdax for the less fees thanks to an advice of a friend.
Now my question is: it's a good time to invest right now? I'm following the prices of BTC/ETH and they are rising..I believe in these coins, but i'm very unsure if buy right now or wait. I'm sure the price will increase in the next year so for the long period i'm sure is good to buy BTC/ETH, but i don't know if buying it right now (watching the graph) is a good idea.
I want to hold it, not to speculate in the very short period of time.
Thanks in advance for every reply and for your point of views.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto Nerd

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:43:32 PM

My advice:
Shortterm: BTCgold
Mid: Zcash or wait
Long: Wait
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:48:54 PM

No one really knows if now or when is the right time to buy, simply because we really don't know how the markets will move in the future. Personally though, I really dislike buying in ATHs(all-time-highs) and I rarely do buy in ATHs. Though if you personally think it will go up in the future, then go ahead.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Plagger (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:49:41 PM

My advice:
Mid: Zcash or wait
Long: Wait

Can i ask u why (the mid/long term)?

I also thought about collecting airdrop in this moment and wait for better prices...but on the other hand i think price of BTC/ETH will raise overall...so in the long period would be good in any case, right?
olehgol260

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:57:00 PM

No one really knows if now or when is the right time to buy, simply because we really don't know how the markets will move in the future. Personally though, I really dislike buying in ATHs(all-time-highs) and I rarely do buy in ATHs. Though if you personally think it will go up in the future, then go ahead.

Well for several days the price is around 8.2k. Do you think it somehow may go down in the following days?
Plagger (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:58:02 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'm still learning and i'm trying to understand the basics. This thing of ATHs seems reasonable Smiley so if u were me right now, with 600€ to invest, u just wait a drop in the prices?
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:03:57 PM

Well for several days the price is around 8.2k. Do you think it somehow may go down in the following days?

A dip is definitely possible. It's quite common for dips to happen after all-time-highs. But will it happen though? Maybe, but there's no guarantee that it will indeed happen.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TriggerHappyCoin

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:25:41 PM

It is alltime high, correct. But we also saw a big drop of nearly $2000 two weeks ago. The market reacted very strong in the up and very strong in the down. My opinion is that we recovered strongly from the last big dip. If we see no more drops, we can break trough new highs in comming weeks easily!

But why BTC and/or ETH? So many interesting and proven coins that have huge potential!
I would also look for LTC ord XRP.
Crypto Nerd

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:38:07 PM

Can i ask u why (the mid/long term)?

Because we are near the top of the bitcoin bubble. Safer is waiting than sitting with the bags.
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:43:08 PM

He is crazy, and obviously that he is a newbie, no one can trust him. Why would someone who is not crazy of have a mental illness would invest in a coin like bitcoin gold? No one, so better to do not pay attention to this

My advice:

If you are really going to hold it, and you know that you are never going to feel tempted to withdraw that money, then follow those advices.

Buy bitcoin with at least 70% of your total funds, if you have one thousand dollars, then invest 700 dollars in there, it is going to be a good investment because we all know that bitcoin is going to be over $10000 by the next year.

And the other 30%, use it to buy ethereum, it is rising up so fast and i am sure that it is going to hit five hundred dollars soon.

Hello
Plagger (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:48:24 PM

If you are really going to hold it, and you know that you are never going to feel tempted to withdraw that money, then follow those advices.

Buy bitcoin with at least 70% of your total funds, if you have one thousand dollars, then invest 700 dollars in there, it is going to be a good investment because we all know that bitcoin is going to be over $10000 by the next year.

And the other 30%, use it to buy ethereum, it is rising up so fast and i am sure that it is going to hit five hundred dollars soon.

Thanks! do u think it could be good for a newbie try to catch also the airdrop coins?
I also read about Quantstamp and GameCredits and seems interesting to me, if i think is good, do u think i have to invest or is better more weeks/months studying? Remember that i'm a newbie Cheesy
Qzeyn

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:42:55 PM

Hi I've just started as well, think we missed the boat BTC, was following
It for a long time but was difficult for us due to government rules to get funds out
In the past. But now it a lot easier but the price is high, for ETH though
I think it will be ok now, and is on its way up, will a lot of new tokens
Based on ETC technology it only will go up .
crypto-curious

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:48:59 AM

You can't really know when it is the right time to buy, prices drop frequently...

Although, day trading could be a good option for short term gains.
sehanmaxx01

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:01:03 AM

The best method for investing in something so volatile as Bitcoin is a well known method called Dollar Cost Averaging.
Instead of say sinking $10k into Bitcoin all at once; buy $100 worth twice a week for a year.
If Bitcoin goes to the moon you won't make as much profit as if you put all $10k in at once.
But if Bitcoin goes down in price, you will be extremely happy with your strategy of Dollar Cost Averaging. You will end up owning much more Bitcoin with a much lower cost basis.
Now that you've decided your investment strategy and how much you want to invest you need to determine your exit strategy or contingency strategies.
Decide ahead of time the factors that would cause you to sell; and only sell when those factors are met.
For instance for me; I would only sell if technical problems became apparent in the Bitcoin network.
However most people their contingencies will be based on the price; for instance; that you will sell X amount at Y price. Write your contingencies down and stick to them.
I do not plan to stop accumulating for another 16 years. Regardless of the price I intend to continue buying small amounts and ever increasing my holdings until ~2032. At that point if Bitcoin is still around it is very likely to be extremely valuable
Hermes Mercury

Activity: 316
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:19:46 AM

In my opinion before I know which currency to invest, we should have a strategy set up (profit I hope, where I should go, done), any currency is worth it, it is never too late to invest (Bitcoin or Ethereum).
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:50:05 AM

Not good if you want to make a short term investment.
But in fact, btc was pumping in a short term.
So it will be better if you research or find more information about BTC/ETH first, or adapt to the price action first.
papahmauriel

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:20:29 AM

you can see in the market to know for good moment to buy or invest bitcoin or eth
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: