Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:52:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: will they ever be a a system like antminer  (Read 134 times)
chrismaher (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:44:22 PM

will they ever be a a system like antminer that replaces gpu for the new cypto currencies the antminer made gpus no good for mining
or do people just make new systems for what ever will be the best thing to mine just like antminer did with ASICS
new to all this so might be a stupid qustion just trying to learn fast

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RdStrcklnd

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:05:11 PM

will they ever be a a system like antminer that replaces gpu for the new cypto currencies the antminer made gpus no good for mining
or do people just make new systems for what ever will be the best thing to mine just like antminer did with ASICS
new to all this so might be a stupid qustion just trying to learn fast

There already are a couple by Bitmain that mine script coins (D3, L3+).
hashrateorg

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 10:08:07 PM

As long as there are new algorithms there will be opportunities to mine with a GPU. It takes a very established and profitable algorithm to get ASICs built for it since it takes a significant investment. This could change but not in the foreseeable future. FPGAs can be applied to many algorithms I think but it requires a lot of skill to program.

There have been ASICs for Scrypt (Litecoin) and probably coming for Ethereum.
chrismaher (OP)

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:11:18 PM

Thanks so much that as saved me probably hours and hours of searching
it’s only I am on a fast learning curve trying to get my rig sorted and it’s just it’s a big investment for me
Thanks again
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: