Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:05:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Needed. Very desperate.  (Read 263 times)
Theezy21 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:50:30 AM

Help needed!

I use a 2FA electrum wallet to store/ send my coins. Everything was done via my password on electrum (on my computer) and the google Authenticator app. Before i go on, I made the fatal mistake of NOT storing my 16 word key correctly, and I have no access to I️t anymore (I know, I know).

Moving on, everything was working great until I just got a new iPhone, when I opened up my google Authenticator app I was shocked when my codes were gone. I set up google Authenticator again by going to google.com/accounts/2FA but that didn’t work when I tried to logon to my electrum wallet and send money to an address (I️t asks for my password which i provide, but gives me an ERROR code in regards to my 2FA code.

I have access to my current wallet and password for that wallet. I have access to my google account. I have access to the old phone in which i was able to do everything no problem (although i restored I️t when i gave I️t to my mom) I also have access to my public AND private keys.

I don’t have access to viewing my seed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16637

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 11:52:36 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2017, 07:11:20 AM by LoyceV

I also have access to my public AND private keys.
Your private keys are all you need.* That is, if you really have them (which means you must have manually exported all of them from Electrum in the past).
If that's the case: go to Electrum, click File > New > create New Wallet > Standard wallet > Use public or private keys > copy your private keys > done!

Then, create another wallet, but this time select Create a new seed. Store your seed, move your coins from the old addresses to your new wallet, and safely keep your seed words.

* I stand corrected, I haven't used 2FA by myself and didn't know it creates multisig keys.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 06:00:39 AM

Your private keys are all you need. That is, if you really have them (which means you must have manually exported all of them from Electrum in the past).
If that's the case: go to Electrum, click File > New > create New Wallet > Standard wallet > Use public or private keys > copy your private keys > done!

Then, create another wallet, but this time select Create a new seed. Store your seed, move your coins from the old addresses to your new wallet, and safely eep your seed words.
He cannot do this, the private keys that Electrum exports in that manner are not sufficient to spend from his addresses. He is using the 2FA feature which is a 2 of 3 multisig. He has enough private keys to recover the coins, but cannot do it the way you describe.

Before i go on, I made the fatal mistake of NOT storing my 16 word key correctly, and I have no access to I️t anymore (I know, I know).
Then there is nothing that you can do. The seed phrase is what allows you to disable 2FA (so no need for trusted coin) and spend your coins. Without it, there is nothing that you can do.

Moving on, everything was working great until I just got a new iPhone, when I opened up my google Authenticator app I was shocked when my codes were gone. I set up google Authenticator again by going to google.com/accounts/2FA but that didn’t work when I tried to logon to my electrum wallet and send money to an address (I️t asks for my password which i provide, but gives me an ERROR code in regards to my 2FA code.
The keys for authenticator codes are never stored online or synced with Google services. If you lose them, there is no way to get them back.

That is not enough, you need the seed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: