Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:12:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who to ask for permission to use a clip?  (Read 1404 times)
Fog Fence (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2010, 11:20:00 AM

We want to feature Bitcoin in our 10-15 minute free documentary teaser that's going out in a week or so. More info about the film below. I was just going to go ahead and use it,  but then I saw that BC's creators and community were guarded about 'too much' publicity at this early stage... not wanting to link BC too closely with Wikileaks, for example.

The vid would get 50 to 100,000 views eventually.

Do you all consider this good publicity or are you not ready for it?

If someone could tell me officially either way here I'd appreciate it. I posted it publically to see what other people thought about this, and cos we're racing towards a deadline.

The documentary is about Atmospheric Water and low tech water collection devices for the future, Hydroponic and Vertical Farming, Grassroots Financial Systems, Homemade energy, Overpopulation Myths, Grassroots Viral MediaI, Industrial Hemp and Mass Apathy.

If you need to PM, please go ahead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2010, 02:03:08 PM

In my personal point of view, this would be fantastic becuase it is generally about INNOVATION (like you stated in areas like: The documentary is about Atmospheric Water and low tech water collection devices for the future, Hydroponic and Vertical Farming, Grassroots Financial Systems, Homemade energy, Overpopulation Myths, Grassroots Viral MediaI, Industrial Hemp and Mass Apathy.)

It is actually needed that bitcoin awareness and publicity moves to higher level, so this is spot on.

Fog Fence (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 05:26:59 AM

In personal opinion too, and thanks for your vote of confidence, but we have to wait for the big man don't we? I don't want to go treading on anyone's toes.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2010, 05:47:09 AM

In personal opinion too, and thanks for your vote of confidence, but we have to wait for the big man don't we? I don't want to go treading on anyone's toes.

You don't have to wait for anyone, no one owns or controls bitcoin. It's great to discuss things though and this is the perfect place. It sounds great to me.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Fog Fence (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 12:48:30 PM

Sure I know it's open source but the creators reticence over linking with Assange too early made me think twice.

If I hear nothing within a week I'll assume things are all clear.
sirius
Bitcoiner

Activity: 429
Merit: 974

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 01:28:46 PM

It's no problem. Satoshi expressed his opinion that publicity in any other context would be good, but Wikileaks accepting donations in BTC would bring too much pressure on us at this point.

Thanks for spreading the word. Smiley

Iris — for better social networks
I'm not a forum admin - please contact theymos instead.
Fog Fence (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2010, 07:04:51 AM

OK nice. I'll take that as an all clear unless I hear different. We're happy to help out. The more I think about BC the better it seems....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: