Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:40:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex scams $millions and the community is in denial phase!  (Read 2039 times)
Coffee2015

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:48:39 PM

I found the verification in Bittrex is really hard,
I did at the time when the procedure was simple,
It was before october 2017.
So I am lucky, I still considered it very difficult

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:55:45 PM

Once upon a time, MtGox was a BIG exchange and messed up by doing a small mistake: putting all user deposits in the company's hot wallet which leaked and leaked up to a bankruptcy point ....

As a consequence by revealing the fact that bitcoin is vulnerable in its borders(exchanges), its price fallen down to the earth from the sky and remained  there for almost 2 years! Japanese authorities came to the scene and did their job as expected ...

it was an earthquake, initiated by a mistake not even an intentional fraud plot and yet ...

Now we have Bittrex, currently, one of the largest exchanges in the world and it is not about a technical mistake but a deliberate, sophisticated series of fraud and scamming people by the site owner(s),  thousands of users have been affected and millions of dollars have been gone into the packets of the thieves who are not responsive at all and has sufficed to make a very short misleading statement of no help, saying :"it is about 0.1% of the users" and doesn't say anything rational about why and how they have blocked users access to their funds.

Meanwhile their agents informally make false claims about a mysterious pressure by unknown authorities from unknown countries which is threatening the whole firm and its users and they have sacrificed those 0.1% to make their majesty happy and save the majority! Their support is totally dead, they have targeted the most weakest portion of the users, Iranians (like me) , users from Middle East, Eastern Europe, ... or users with very huge (for an exchange user) deposits.

The scam scenario:

1- In October 12 (or so) Bittrex changed its withdrawal policy, overnight, without any prior warning. As a result users with 'basic verification level' (verified minimally by e-mail) was no longer able to withdraw any funds. These users were able to withdraw up to 1 btc/day prior to the scam.

2- At the same time Bittrex invented a new term 'disabled account' and put thousands of the users on this state. This trick was applied to the users who couldn't be scammed by the first trick because they have passed the more advanced verification step, (they have been chosen deliberately for the scam based on nationality, deposit level, .. ).  

3- Plus, Bittrex invented a new rule for a 'disabled account': you can't close it (claiming your deposit) before withdrawing all of your deposit and you can't do that either because it is 'disabled'.

4-Bittrex robotic support, asks the victims to supply a foolish selfie, which of course has no effect on the situation, support is dead, forever.

Now, 45 days is passed and thousands of users have lost millions of dollars, no support, no apologies, nothing!

I started this topic not only to keep pressure on the Bittrex and warn users but also for a more important purpose: to ask WHY?

Why the community remains silent?

Why the authorities do nothing?

Why bittrex is up and running?

What has changed so bad that a scandal like this does not stop btc price to go higher?

Isn't it about we, bitcoiners, preferring to remain in the denial phase and afraid of seeing the ugly face of our market which is full of, (actually overloaded by) scammers and opportunists who do not care about anything or anyone other than their fat ass?

Aren't we, most of us, a light version of such an opportunist, fat, greedy asswhole, who just have come to this market to harvest easy money and do not see anything beyond our nose?

Isn't it what makes us indifferent to the Bittrex scam?

Oww I remember having a difficulty in bittrex in withdrawing because it says that I can only withdraw 0.025 BTC a day, (they said that it was for the protection) and now I received again a message here it is :

This email is to communicate policy changes for placing orders on Bittrex.  As you know, Bittrex is committed to providing fair and efficient price discovery and these changes are designed to improve the overall trading experience on our markets.

Removing stale orders:  Effective today, Bittrex will be removing orders that are older than 28 days.  As we’ve communicated in the past, many of these orders have no reasonable expectation of being filled and clog the order books.

Raising the minimum trade size:  Within the next 2 weeks, the minimum allowable trade value for orders will go from 50,000 Satoshi to 100,000 Satoshi.  We will also require a minimum trade quantity on a per market basis.

Creating minimum tick sizes: Within the next 2 weeks, on a per market basis, we will be instituting minimum tick sizes that are based on the current price of the market.  The target is to have minimum trade sizes that are near 0.1% of the current price.  The current minimum tick size is 1 Satoshi.  For example, Ethereum trades at 0.0577 Bitcoin.  Bids and asks can only be placed in 0.0001 increments.  So the next levels allowable levels on the order book will be 0.0576 and 0.0578.

A general statement about market manipulation tactics:  Bittrex actively discourages any type of market manipulation, including pump groups.  Consistent with our terms of service, we will suspend and close any accounts engaging in this type of activity and notify the appropriate authorities.   

For more details around these policy changes, see this article.  https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003004171

Thank you,

Bill Shihara
Chief Executive Officer

I dont know if this is for the best of the market or for the protection of people, but I think they are trying to control us and pin us down in the neck.
I will be observing bittrex this coming week.

Would they really end up like Mintpal? That is what really troubled me, the verification nonsense they recently imposed. Luckily I withdrew no problem without any hassles last September and used Polo (though I still hate them) ever since. They started with the support replying with copy-pasted texts and doesn't seem to understand my problem about deposits and I just gave up. Sooner or later Bittrex would pull up a Gox, and the recent letter is just a front for us to feel that they're still operational.

Withdraw while you can folks. This will turn south so fast.

I have already withdrawn all my funds last month. And yes something more is going on here. Something fishy and I don't like it. We deserved an acceptable reason why they are doing this.
Not just freeze an account.

suncokreten

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:48:54 PM

What's the point of complaining, not like you can do anything to change it.

If you do not comply with the new rules they introduced, just switch to another exchange, there are so many of them right now.

I personally switched to Binance 3 months ago and I never looked back - more coins, lesser fees, better customer support and will probably overtake Bittrex by volume soon.
entebah

Activity: 1530
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:18:41 AM

I found the verification in Bittrex is really hard,
I did at the time when the procedure was simple,
It was before october 2017.
So I am lucky, I still considered it very difficult
I am experiencing the same thing, my reduced WD limit is suspicious and I am uncomfortable. I want to withdraw my funds there and move them to a more secure Exchange.
whereas I am a loyal Bittrex customer.
spamsucks

Activity: 306
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:42:28 AM

How many customers were locked out that are in the US?

Not reduced WD levels, but locked out alltogether

Just wondering.
mtgoxcoinexmintpalbittrex

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:05:11 AM

they are forcing verification, not basic, enhanced only. And they are demanding stuff, normal banks would never ask for. You dont want to give us every single piece of detail about you? ok, your coins are ours. That's gangster. FYI, i am not a privacy fundamentalist, i dont mind verifying, but does anyone really trust these bastards ? 
sickbizon

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:24:12 AM

I have sent all that they arsk for 2 weeks ago, and still no responce from the support. Imopssible for me to redraw anything.
ReasonOff

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:26:09 AM

What should happen to get bittrex representative to this topic to answer to all of our concerns?
How much hyip should we get to this topic?

I believe this is in our hands.
sudeepsinha

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:42:46 AM

I think the failed verifitication isn't related to the scam, maybe it's your fault in this, your picture isn's cleared enough or maybe you're faking it and somehow they figure out and deny your verification? It's worked smoothly with me.
aliashraf (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 07:48:18 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2017, 08:03:11 AM by aliashraf

Here telegrams chat where to prepare letter to tech support, all of the rooms here https://t.me/joinchat/GLaKe1Aa4-HTqhNVZB4ytQ

I just joined the channel and submitted what they wanted: the very first support ticket number and the magical word 'account disabled' ... As I understood they want to write a letter to Bittrex signed with the names of the members and their unresolved support tickets ... It is good thing imo, having a list, although a partial one of the victims whose funds is stolen by bittrex, at the time being 340 have joined and the number is growing fast!
aliashraf (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 07:59:40 AM

I think the failed verifitication isn't related to the scam, maybe it's your fault in this, your picture isn's cleared enough or maybe you're faking it and somehow they figure out and deny your verification? It's worked smoothly with me.

It is ridiculous!

People have no obligation to give you anything you want and if you are not happy with this you can close their account, instead of stealing their funds!

Two  possible reasons that 'it worked' for you:

You are new fish or you have not enough deposit worth stealing.
OR
You have not been chosen as a victim (yet)

P.S. If you are not a fake id made by Bittrex to cover their mess, being just a naive ignorant user: Don't Make Deposit On Bittrex!
trapp19

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:10:27 AM

how long has this been going on? and are other users aware of these people being locked out of their accounts in bitrex?
i'll be on the look out for news updates on this exchange.
aliashraf (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 08:21:23 AM

Just read the opening post for the history, it is documentary Smiley

As for the number of victims, it is about thousands I suppose, for instance number of people who already has joined the telegram channel mentioned above (which is brand new) has reached 340 for now.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:29:11 AM

It's funny and interesting how every exchange starts and then how they "end". When bittrex was launched their support worked 24/7 perfectly on time. Nobody had issues back then. Once they got big and riches the problems came together, lack of support, accounts closed with no apparently reason and listing shit coins besides the best ones. I won't be surprised if Bittrex suddenly disappear from the map, saying it was a hack attack. Kucoin is in the initial phase and they are the best exchange so far to have a good support. Let's see what happens in the next year.
It is really funny. They all start so well, people tend to praise them and all of a sudden they just go bazooka on people's funds. With something like this going on, I guess it is just proper to not trust any exchange for now until we start seeing decentralized exchanges. With the lack of support and the issue people are having with them presently with closed accounts, it is just more like daylight robbery and even the verified users should be scared. I am scared! Grin
cipher-x_09

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:39:44 PM

It's too bad i thought their one of the most trusted ICO out there and here they are in this current events they facing which is very unfortunate for all investors which are placing their bets on them. I hope they have provide some and reasonable explanations for this kind of issues. Becauae many users are hoping they would get back on track and prove themselves innocent.

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
ReasonOff

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:38:57 PM

If you have a problem with account verification on Bittrex or your account being disabled please make a tweet with hashtag #BittrexTrouble and your open ticket number. There are many thousands of us we can finally make them and their other customers to notice us!

Here is a link to other people having same problem: https://twitter.com/hashtag/BittrexTrouble?src=hash

More and more tweets appear every minute.

Thanks for not staying passive when the whole community is in danger.
Gat

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:04:59 PM

I think I'm another bittrex victim. Two weeks ago I sell 31 BCC and I didn't received yet the 5 BTC payment. I can see the operation in my order history, but neither in pending or in my wallet. I opened a ticket and I obtain two bot answers. Some ideas, some help please...
Thanks in advance.
mtgoxcoinexmintpalbittrex

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:43:55 PM

I think I'm another bittrex victim. Two weeks ago I sell 31 BCC and I didn't received yet the 5 BTC payment. I can see the operation in my order history, but neither in pending or in my wallet. I opened a ticket and I obtain two bot answers. Some ideas, some help please...
Thanks in advance.

park on the right, and wait couple month.. hehehe
HoyerBrandon3

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:09:15 PM

Now so much scams on market among ICO projects. I think that audit reports can help with it. Because investors can see full information about costs of the project and will be calm. What do you think?
ReasonOff

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:25:02 PM

Now so much scams on market among ICO projects. I think that audit reports can help with it. Because investors can see full information about costs of the project and will be calm. What do you think?

How is it related to the subject of the topic you write in?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: