Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:57:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigabyte-GA-H110-D3A Mining board SUCKS! Can't get 6gpu up and running  (Read 25611 times)
psybangas09

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 04:49:15 AM

If I enable mining mode I can't get to windows. I just see gigabyte logo then black screen... Did you just enable mining mode and nothing else?

Don't worry I had the same issue but after carefully reading the important steps and settings here: https://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/462/mining.html I managed to get it to work. Think the setting that caused issue was Compatibility Support Module (CSM) option. It says to have 'Disabled' but from memory I had to have it 'Enabled' before my 60GB SATAII  SSD would boot Windows.

The other important steps to follow, some already suggested were:
1. Update BIOS - latest version 25a here: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H110-D3A-rev-10#support-dl
2. Change “Max Link Speed” setting from “Auto” to “Gen2” (M.I.T / Miscellaneous Settings / Max Link Speed)
3. Enable Mining Mode (Peripherals)
4. Change "Initial Display Output" setting from "PCIe Slot1" to "IGFX" (Peripherals) - initially I wasn't using on board graphics but seems best option to free up resources.
5. Change “Above 4G Decoding” setting from “Disabled" to “Enabled” if needed (Peripherals) - I have GTX 1070's with 8GB vram soof course I enabled this feature.
6. Windows Update turned off is recommended - I went one step further and ran Spybot Anti-Beacon link: https://www.safer-networking.org/2016/anti-beacon-1-6-available/
7. Go to Control Panel / System and Security / Power Options and select "Choose what the power buttons do". Click "Change settings that are currently unavailable" and disable the "turn on fast startup (recommended)" function.

Also wanted to mention the ability to run a 7th riser on the M.2 slot isn't supported on this model for those considering it. Chart clearly says 6*PCI-E only. If you're considering purchasing this motherboard I can't fault it like OP, although I think like anything it takes patience and doing some research before jumping to conclusions. Here's an interesting review link: http://1stminingrig.com/gigabyte-ga-h110-d3a-review-the-new-best-motherboard-for-mining/ Note down the bottom there are also comments about people overcoming similar issues. Wink
Ruso21

Activity: 115
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:48:30 AM

anyone managed to run 7 GPU???
the 7th running through M.2 riser
DNTInnovations

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:17:29 AM

The M.2 riser unfortunately does not work for gpu only for SSD
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:14:36 PM

The M.2 riser unfortunately does not work for gpu only for SSD

Dang this really sucks, I just bought a bunch of M.2 -> PCI-e 4x adapters Sad is this a hardware limitation or a BIOS limitation?
vcm14

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:12:50 AM

Hardware limitation. M.2 is sata only. Im running 8 cards on this board without any problem.  5 amd 580 8gb and 3 nvidia 1060 6gb. Mining at 225 Mh/s on claymore 11.2.
Ruso21

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:02:27 PM

weird.... in gigabyte web said that the M.2 can be used to mine with GPU. Now that I get into the web it doesn't say
psybangas09

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 12:20:49 PM

Says it quite clearly here: https://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/462/mining.html
https://i.imgur.com/8ahChRg.jpg
Ruso21

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:51:13 PM

you are right, I didn't pay attention to the part of the numbers. If it is 7 it should say 6+1 M.2 (like the others)
Lot of people makes the same mistake asking about the 7th GPU through M.2
Good to know, thanks
Alecsandro

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:04:57 PM

Anyone with this board running with 1 to 4 pci-e adapter with success ? I am waiting for the adapter arrive to give it a try.
richardquaker

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:10:57 PM

Yes i have tested with 2 riser 1 to 4 at same time, working 100%

Anyone with this board running with 1 to 4 pci-e adapter with success ? I am waiting for the adapter arrive to give it a try.

Alecsandro

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:35:17 AM

Yes i have tested with 2 riser 1 to 4 at same time, working 100%

You mean 1 pci-e to 4 adapter running two GPU ?

Mine 1 to 4 adapter still not arrived, but I have here a 8 pci-e adapter and can't make work till now with 8 gpu's only 7 worked so far already tried change risers, pci-e port, the machine not even do a POST bios when have 8 GPU in the adapter.
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:38:52 AM

This Mainboard is so Fucking instable and has the most bugs ever. With FW 25a, as soon as i enable "mining mode" booting from USB is not possible anymore. (USB Stick disappear)
I was not able to find a Version which runs smooth with HIVEOS, i ripped that boards out of my Rigs and replaced it with H81pro BTC.
Alecsandro

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:32:31 PM

This Mainboard is so Fucking instable and has the most bugs ever. With FW 25a, as soon as i enable "mining mode" booting from USB is not possible anymore. (USB Stick disappear)
I was not able to find a Version which runs smooth with HIVEOS, i ripped that boards out of my Rigs and replaced it with H81pro BTC.

New FW 25d available.

When enable Mining Mode here same thing happen no possible to booting from USB but you can keep mining mode disable and just enable all things to mining fine, if you have time just give it one more chance.
tale07

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:08:14 AM

New FW 25d available.

When enable Mining Mode here same thing happen no possible to booting from USB but you can keep mining mode disable and just enable all things to mining fine, if you have time just give it one more chance.

Can you specified what's need to be enabled. I'm starting to crazy.
Ruster87

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:56:54 PM

Whether you have mining mode enabled or not it doesn't matter. Enabling it only enables above 4g decoding and disable csm support.

If you disable csm support and didn't install windows using uefi mode then you will have issues. You don't have to enable mining mode. Just enable 4g decoding and enable csm support.

My settings are Disabled Intel virtualization, Pcie gen 1, enable 4g decoding, initial display igfx, mining mode disable, enable csm support. Unless you know you have flashed your windows 10 in uefi mode then you can go ahead and disable csm support. Make sure under csm video is uefi then save and reset and go in bios and then disable csm support.

How to flash windows 10 into your thumb drive in uefi mode, Google Rufus.
Alecsandro

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:53:40 PM

Can you specified what's need to be enabled. I'm starting to crazy.

Well my settings are virtualization (VT-D) disabled, Pcie gen 2 (need due using pci-e to 8 pci-e port adapter but you can try pci gen 1 or 3 to see what be OK in your setup here and the most setups all worked fine with pci gen 2), 4G decoding enabled, IGFX disabled (due 8 x pci-e adapter don't work all 8 ports if internal graphics are enabled), mining mode disable, csm support Enable to be compatible boot from usb etc
abhiseshakana
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 2256

From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 05:47:35 AM

I really like this board, easy setting and the price is very cheap in my country. Bios Version F21 (so i don't have mining mode option on my Bios)
I had 1x GTX1080Ti and 5x GTX1070, running well on this Board. My bios setting max link speed : Gen2, Initial Display Output : IGFX, Above 4G Decoding : Enabled.
I'm running windows 10 Pro 64 on Legacy Mode  Cheesy and so far so good

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Rewqpro

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:18:29 AM

Read this thread about 8 times when I was having a mare setting this board up with vegas. In case it helps anyone - the 16x slot seems to use resources differently to the others.

Enabling mining, Gen 2, using internal graphics brings the shorter slots online, but if you use that longer slot it hogs <something>, especially with Vegas. I had crash after crash till I swapped from using that 16x slot.

hey! did you just ignore pci16 slot on the mobo? or you used riser for that? or?
mousehouse

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:35:44 PM

This board is driving me nuts! I had big problems getting just 2x ZOTAC 1080GTX to run,but managed in the end by putting them in specific PCI slots. Now I have a extra 4 cards, but I never get more than 4 recognized (most of the time I get just 3).

Tried all the tips, running latest F25 BIOS. I need to enable CSM or my SSD will not boot on the SATA port.

Will sell the full rig out of frustration soon, but before I do, any final clues?

Help rewarded....

Rough_R

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:59:20 PM

Yes, works nice, managed to start 8 pieces of  Rx-580. Only needed to reinstall drivers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: