Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:37:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin was bought for the first time?  (Read 2655 times)
KawalGrover

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:59:59 PM

I have wondered about this myself. I feel that the early creators and adopters of Bitcoin thought of money or anything that transfers value as a more conceptual concept than most people in the world are taught to believe.

A few weeks ago I attended a local meetup where the CTO of Bitpay said that "money is just a transfer of information". What gives that piece of 'information' any value?. I feel that perhaps Satoshi and most of the early players of this Bitcoin space feel the same way.

For most of us, having grown up with something so intrinsic in our daily lives as money, we forget to ask questions about it. We take it a little too much for granted. Just like the air we breathe I guess. We need it obviously, but where it comes from, why other people accept it, and what gives it value. We have so much faith in our national currencies but we have no idea about the mechanics of where and how it's really coming from.

Here's a bit more on my take on it. Smiley

http://swatopia.org/blog/2013/05/22/18/
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: